Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thaumaturge not changing spell damage?

klemeqq
klemeqq
✭✭
I rebalanced my Champion Points by putting 21 into Thaumaturge and 1 into Elborn. My base Spell Damage stayed at 1326 and I noted that Puncturing Sweep stated at 547/strike.

Then I did another rebalanced with 11 in Elfborn and 11 in Spell Erosion. There was no change in my base Spell Damage and my Puncturing sweep was still 547. I checked all my other damaging spells and they were all unchanged.

I thought Thaumaturge would increase either my base Spell Damage, the damage listed for my individual spells or both. Thaumaturge says it "Increases your damage with poison, disease, and magic."

What am I missing? Does Thaumaturge increase the damage but not reflect it in the viewable character stats? Thanks in advance.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    klemeqq wrote: »
    I rebalanced my Champion Points by putting 21 into Thaumaturge and 1 into Elborn. My base Spell Damage stayed at 1326 and I noted that Puncturing Sweep stated at 547/strike.

Then I did another rebalanced with 11 in Elfborn and 11 in Spell Erosion. There was no change in my base Spell Damage and my Puncturing sweep was still 547. I checked all my other damaging spells and they were all unchanged.

I thought Thaumaturge would increase either my base Spell Damage, the damage listed for my individual spells or both. Thaumaturge says it "Increases your damage with poison, disease, and magic."

What am I missing? Does Thaumaturge increase the damage but not reflect it in the viewable character stats? Thanks in advance.

Because it only increase poison, disease, and magic damage it probably is not reflected on the character sheet, because not all damage would classify as any of those three things.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To test Thaumaturge you actually have to go hit mobs without it and then add it and hit them again. It won't show up on the tooltip.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• klemeqq
    klemeqq
    ✭✭
    To test Thaumaturge you actually have to go hit mobs without it and then add it and hit them again. It won't show up on the tooltip.
    Thanks @timidobserver.

I've already paid twice to rebalance my CPs and I don't know how to accurately test the Thaumaturge damage effect in combat.

Can someone confirm that the Thaumaturge does increase the damage of Templar and Mages Guild spells?
  • warpower9
    warpower9
    ✭✭
    I have examined this and it does work. First off remove all cp and press k look at the bottom on your skill bar and record the actual magic damage the spell says it does . Then spend points in thaumaturge you will see for example on puntucering sweeps that the skill on the bar has increased the magic damage it does. The cp for mighty works the same way for physical attacks if any wondered. So to be clear mighty or thaumaturge do not increase spell or weapon damage numbers but they increase the actual damage numbers on the skill that is related.
  • klemeqq
    klemeqq
    ✭✭
    Edited by klemeqq on October 7, 2015 11:27AM
  • klemeqq
    klemeqq
    ✭✭
    @warpower9, thanks for the feedback. I think you're saying that Thaumaturge does not change the base Spell Damage but the damage listing for each spell in Skills and in the slotted skills list *should* change.

I tried again but this time I took screenshots of my Thaumaturge and my Puncturing Sweep damage in 3 different spots: from the Skills listing, the slotted skill list at the bottom of Skills, and in my slotted skills list at the bottom of the screen.

The PS damage per strike is 547 in every spot for these Mage CP settings:
    Thaumaturge = 0
    Elfborn = 1
    Spell Erosion = 11
    1_Before_Thaumaturge00.jpg

After spending yet another 3000 gold the PS damage still says 547:
    Thaumaturge = 21
    Elfborn = 1
    Spell Erosion = 0
    2_After_Thaumaturge21.jpg
  • warpower9
    warpower9
    ✭✭
    ok maybe you are bugged or something has bugged the skill currently ...I will revist my cp page and look this over again myself.But you sir have a problem on hand for sure.