Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just finished main story....now i have to do two more alliances ?? Advice please....

CL1NTBEA5TWOOD
I've just finished the main story and am now level 49. It has taken me since xbone one launch to get this far as I have a family and don't play that much....
As it has taken me this long to get to (nearly vet level) im quite gutted I have to do two more alliances.

Basically....I want to get to vet 16 as fast as possible and do some pvp, ive never pvp'd yet in eso, always just done the ebonheart pact alliance story and side quests.

Can I even do pvp now and do ok ? Im DK 2 handed stamina build with all the right skills.... wrecking blow, rally, ardent flame etc....

Do you get good xp in cyrodil pvp'ing ?

Any advice on smashing out cadwell's silver then gold quests fast ? But still get the nessasary xp to get to vet 16 ?

Any advice would be appreciated.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an awful grind, I will say the AD and DC sides are more interesting than the EP, and with better scenery. 2 hand stam build is very very difficult in pvp, especially without the right gear, not to mention low levels. If you take up the bow and stay at a distance or run with a good group it a lot easier.
    Edited by riverdragon72 on October 4, 2015 8:28PM
    Meh...**** it..
  • CL1NTBEA5TWOOD
    ok thanks for that.... if I go pvp in cyrodil... will I get buffed coz im only level 49 ?

otherwise id get destroyed by vet's lol
  • CL1NTBEA5TWOOD
    oh... and do you get decent xp pvp'ing in cyrodil ?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically....I want to get to vet 16 as fast as possible and do some pvp, ive never pvp'd yet in eso
    Why? You can go to Cyrodiil as soon as level 10. My dedicated PvP toon did just that and it's been a lot of fun.

Why wait until VR16?
    confused24.gif
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok thanks for that.... if I go pvp in cyrodil... will I get buffed coz im only level 49 ?

You can do Black Water PVP until 50. If your 49 you should do very well against others. After that you can join any of the Vet PVP campaigns. If you turn on battle level in your menu options, I believe you will be boosted to the equivalent VR 14 character. Doing PVP dailies and joining large groups will provide opportunity for obtaining the best XP. I have found Soloing PVP doesn't provide as good XP. Then again, all depends on how good you are and how much you play. You could also mob grind pve in crackwood cave PVP.
    Edited by LegacyDM on October 4, 2015 8:48PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • CL1NTBEA5TWOOD
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Basically....I want to get to vet 16 as fast as possible and do some pvp, ive never pvp'd yet in eso
    Why? You can go to Cyrodiil as soon as level 10. My dedicated PvP toon did just that and it's been a lot of fun.

Why wait until VR16?
    confused24.gif

I know you could.....I just thought id get rekt with being low level and having crap gear.

Like I asked before...do you get buffed or anything ?
  • CL1NTBEA5TWOOD

You can do Black Water PVP until 50. If your 49 you should do very well against others. After that you can join any of the Vet PVP campaigns. If you turn on battle level in your menu options, I believe you will be boosted to the equivalent VR 14 character. Doing PVP dailies and joining large groups will provide opportunity for obtaining the best XP. I have found Soloing PVP doesn't provide as good XP. Then again, all depends on how good you are and how much you play. You could also mob grind pve in crackwood cave PVP.

cool...thanks for that. I will look into it....I just cant be bothered doing cadwells quests lol
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just cant be bothered doing cadwells quests lol
    You should do them anyways, they're part of the main story line and they give a lot of skill points! You can ignore the sidequests if you wish.

You should also collect all the skyshards in the silver/gold zones for the same reason.
    shades.gif
  • CL1NTBEA5TWOOD
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I just cant be bothered doing cadwells quests lol
    You should do them anyways, they're part of the main story line and they give a lot of skill points! You can ignore the sidequests if you wish.

You should also collect all the skyshards in the silver/gold zones for the same reason.
    shades.gif

Whats the main story line there ?

In cadwells silver which I just started...it says to "experience the other alliance ' cant remember which one.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do the objectives listed in the silver and gold menu (in order as listed) you basically follow the main story for each of the other two factions.

Many of those quests will give you skill points upon completion.
    :smile:
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    My advice: get your butt into PvP now. This will give you a chance to see what it's like and all the players are capped to the same level.

You can then decide how you want to change your character before you hit vet. You can also get away with doing some of the quests in Cyrodiil, which will be a little easier at non-vet rank.

There's no "fast" way to get to VR16. You're going to have to grind through silver and gold, and if you're lucky, this will bring you to around VR10.

From there, you're either going to be doing Undaunted, public dungeons, or Craglorn to make it the rest of the way.

If you took this long just to get past one faction, you won't be ready for PvP at VR16 anytime soon.

So get in there now and enjoy it. :)
  • Yggdrasil_Gof
    Yggdrasil_Gof
    ✭✭✭
    You get more Xp for PvE, plus just like your original alliance story and side quests you'll get a skill point for certain quests and delves. You'll do everything you would if you had started in that alliance except the prophet storyline. If you're in to PvE then you've completed 1/3rd of the quests and that should make you happy. The enemies, (wolves, etc), start at VR 1, so don't think it'll be a breeze and boring. If not you should have started PvP as soon as you were able. Even now now you're bound to get slaughtered, but that's part of any PvP. There's plenty of thing's you can do other than hand to hand, siege engines to attack the forts for example. You'll generally be protected by other players as this is vital to taking a fort. There are various support roles such as healing and reviving other players. There are mission boards for scouting, and other types of missions, plus PvE quests from towns and delves in Cyrodiil. You've paid for all the content so exploit it, and enjoy it. 2 extra storylines, PvP in a massive area bigger than any single area you've already played, and various support roles in PvP if you find it a bit daunting at first. What more could you ask for? Good luck, and enjoy. ;)
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell's Almanac is a resource too vital not to be exploited.

Silver
    5 SPs from Story Quests
    5 SPs from Public Dungeon Group Events
    28 SPs from Skyshards (with 2 shards left over)

Gold
    5 SPs from Story Quests
    5 SPs from Public Dungeon Group Events
    28 SPs from Skyshards (with 2 shards left over)

77 Skill Points in total available from both of the Quest lines it is well worth the time and effort. You can also intersperse some PvP action in between if things are feeling stale.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think of it as having to do two extra sets of content, think of it more as there's so much content you have only completed a third of it, and knuckle down!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've done questing, grinding and PvP.

For me grinding has been the quickest way to level. Its somewhat rewarding because of all the mats you get. Questing seems to be slow, but I think PvP is even slower.

However, I enjoy PvPing to level my characters because it is so much fun.

I don't play Vet PvP but this is my recommendation. If you seem to be having a hard time fighting higher level players, I would concentrate on Sieging, Repairing and those oil pots will get you allot of AP. Always stay in a group when fighting.

Don't forget to pick up the quests on the boards, that is more AP for you.

Finally, If I was you I would start PvPing as soon as possible, it allows you to build up your Alliance War skill line and get some much needed skills; such as, Caltrops.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)