The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

i want race change

Hcod
Hcod
Soul Shriven
like the title said
playing eso on ps4, and started lvl a main character, also noticed that to reach VR16, isnt easy to get.
it takes very lot of time to lvl, once i reach VR16 learned that my race doesnt fit my playstyle.
to lvl a new character it would take ages again. and dont have time for that because the fun stuff starts at VR 16
so i realy would and like if there could be a race chance in the Crownstore.

ps sorry for my bad english :-)
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, a race change and cosmetic change would be awesome!
  • EnglishDragon17
    EnglishDragon17
    ✭✭✭
    its not very realistic though so I doubt It will be added. I believe hairstyles are being added though.
  • ferhestr
    ferhestr
    I think It was fair to added because they remove the character soft cap.
    But that happened long time ago and they don't add a race changer.
    I would like to have a race change too, but I have ask all around an no one answer me.
    It takes too much time to level a new character, so... I give up
  • ferhestr
    ferhestr
    I'm also Mac so I can't finish WGT :S I have pay for more than a year and I can't play all the content and I can't make my character well played so... I give up
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not very realistic though so I doubt It will be added.

That argument has already been beaten to death. It's still on the back burner for after they "rebalance" all the racial skills - but that doesn't really matter for several reasons that have been repeatedly stated in every race change thread that's ever been posted.

They'll come eventually, if people will pay for them, they'll come.
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    its not very realistic though so I doubt It will be added. I believe hairstyles are being added though.

Plenty of other MMOs have race change available, so your "not very realistic" argument is invalid.
    As @eNumbra stated, if there are enough people willing to cough up the money for it, ZOS is going to figure out how to code and implement.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    I want a race change as well. Appearance changes too.

Very popular complaint/desire.

WoW put them in, this game can also put them in.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS , please don't put race change or alliance change in.

People should plan ahead or commit to they're character. Or simply start an alt.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appearance changes are absolutely acceptable. Sometimes your character might look different as you buy new gear, become a vamp or for whatever reason. But race changes or anything that permanently alters your stats do NOT belong in the crown store period. Roll an alt, or figure out a way to make your build work with the race you chose.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    . Roll an alt, or figure out a way to make your build work with the race you chose.

Yeah, I'm not rerolling my main.

Race changes incoming.

People should plan ahead or commit to they're character. Or simply start an alt.

yep, I should have foreseen the changes zenimax made 6 months after I created my character at launch. Silly me.
    Edited by eNumbra on October 9, 2015 1:24AM
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appearance changes are absolutely acceptable. Sometimes your character might look different as you buy new gear, become a vamp or for whatever reason. But race changes or anything that permanently alters your stats do NOT belong in the crown store period. Roll an alt, or figure out a way to make your build work with the race you chose.

Enough said.
    So many people complaining about wanting these . Like the title of this thread "I want race change" haha so childish. I want it! I want it! Hahaha.

Deal with the changes. Did it really effect your character that much?

It would just throw to much off if anyone can change there character at anytime. Some would do it just to get a temporary skill lines boost, and then once they got it to where they want, they can get another "race change" and then all of a sudden there goes your boost on restore staff increase and hello to magicka regen racial abilities. It won't work. People will take advantage of this. But ZoS will only see dollar signs and probably put this in for all the people complaining.

So please I can't say this enough. ZoS please don't implement race/class/alliance changes.
  • Erdmanski
    Erdmanski
    ✭✭✭

So please I can't say this enough. ZoS please don't implement race/class/alliance changes.

I definitely agree with this. Implementing a crown store item to change your race/class/alliance shouldn't even be discussed. Cosmetic changes like hairstyle, body markings, and head accessories should be implemented though and would make ZOS a lot of money in the crown store. I also like the idea of releasing more skins like the Soul Shriven one recently released, as well as adding an option to hide all armor slots or a translucent dye to accomplish the same effect.

With that being said, I understand it gets frustrating when unforeseen changes are made to a race/class and you are stuck with it unless you make a new character. One possible solution for this is to implement a one-time use item that allows you to change a character's class and race. The item would not be purchasable or tradeable, but instead it would be a reward for hitting VR16. This would give you the choice to re-roll your character a single-time, but once you do, there is no going back. This would appease those asking for a re-roll, but prevent people from constantly flipping their characters, since they could only do it once.
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    Don't we all....
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nénlindë wrote: »
    Don't we all....

Um nope..
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Knot-a-trol
    Knot-a-trol
    Soul Shriven
    I remember back in the day playing D&D (early 80's)....they had a Judges Guild module that included a "Complete Reversal" Curse.....If you were a human male fighter you became a dwarf female healer....and so on...

MAYBE having a super hidden quest that the REWARD was a character change would be cool?

Just saying...
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember back in the day playing D&D (early 80's)....they had a Judges Guild module that included a "Complete Reversal" Curse.....If you were a human male fighter you became a dwarf female healer....and so on...

MAYBE having a super hidden quest that the REWARD was a character change would be cool?

Just saying...

Dude if this was a thing in ESO , I would cry if I got turned into a Nord.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both race/apprentice change is currently being worked on, together with many other new crown store features. Even alliance change as been mentioned, which I'm sort of against. But these things have been confirmed by the devs multiple times. Realistic or not, it's still basic MMORPG services, that brings in micro transactions.

Only question is when. I personally doubt it's coming any time soon. So if anyone wants a race change, it's probably better to just start a new char, instead of crying for another full year about crappy passives.