Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning merchanting?

Given New Life
Given New Life
Soul Shriven
I am lvl 22 at the moment and just found a purple recipe for Corinthe Corn Beef.
The recipe requires:
-red meat
-bananas
-corn
-frost mirriam

I noticed that frost mirriam is also rare and expensive so is there actually a market in buying the ingredients and selling the completed food item for a profit? Also because I am a lower level can I still make this item if my provisioning skill is high enough? Thank you!
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you will make a profit on buying the rare ingredients & selling the completed recipe, for example if you bought the frost mirriam for 10k gold you won't be able to sell the recipe for anything higher then that, people wont pay that much. You won't be able to craft the recipe until your provisioning is at a higher level anyway, not to sure what level though but it doesn't matter about your character level
    Edited by AlphaCrucis on October 4, 2015 12:56AM
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Royal_Kitsune
    Royal_Kitsune
    ✭✭✭
    The best/only way to make money of of provisioning if you are going to buy the ingredients and sell the food is make sure you have the passive that lets you craft more than one food/drink per craft same with alchemy. Your characters level does not matter insofar as crafting the item just in using it. However you will have to be of a high enough level to be able to invest that many points into the skill line(s).
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the maximum skill points invested, that passive mentioned above gives you 4 serving per craft. Trading in Tamriel is a very, very fickle business, especially so in provisioning. A lot of people prefer the blue food which gives higher stats for 2 attributes instead of lower stats for all 3 hp/mag/stam. You will also find that the prices of food/drinks are rather volatile. You can sell one today for 100g each and find that the next day, its selling for 45g due to oversupply, stupid price cutting, inexperienced seller selling for less than their cost and the recipe being more readily available. There are V1-10 purple recipes that now cost only 300g! A lot of people are getting purple mats from writs and hirelings so its not as rare as you would think. Most will keep them for their own usage so perhaps that is why you don't see them sold often. But that doesn't mean that you should be discourage though.. I am max 50 in provisioning and when I make purple food to sell, I make sure that the price is discounted around 30-35% minimum... that's the only way you will sell them. You can still make some gold but not in a hurry...

If you have not, get Master Merchant or Shopkeeper to help you with pricing.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    There used to be a lucrative business dealing in provisioned items. I used to make thousands of Gold a day just from some of the blue foods/drinks I would sell in stores. Since the Imperial City DLC it really killed allot of my business, only because you can buy two stat food/drink with Alliance Points and they last for the same amount of time. Granted some of the boosts are higher then those, but people aren't picky when saving Gold.

As far as purple foods go, I wouldn't waste your gold buying those resources. Instead, get a Hirling and craft the foods when you get the items. You can sell high level stuff for allot, because purple is triple stats and it lasts for two hours. I suggest checking with Grocers in game before you start buying ingredients from Guild Traders.

You may also want to check Cold Harbor for ingredients, because there is no Steal item there. You can get there by Teleporting to Player if you know someone who can access it.
    PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
    [NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
    VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
    VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
    LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
    Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
    LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
    Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"

• Given New Life
    Given New Life
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you all for the input =] maybe Ill see what I can get from a hireling and was def planning on investing in the skill that produces multiple servings. If you guys know any good places to farm some stuff for the items I need or provisioning in general I would also appreoctae it. Thank you! =]
  • Given New Life
    Given New Life
    Soul Shriven
    I dont currently have a working computer so are there any apps or websites that are good for pricing guides? I am on console xbox 1
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I am on pc so not sure about xbox or apps for it. You can farm quite a bit of provisioning mats from delves. Mats found in delves are free to take so take them all :)
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The actual recipes don't sell for that much (with a few exceptions) and neither do the finished food/drink products.

The raw mats can fetch a nice sum though if they are used in the popular recipes, i sell stacks of 100 for good coin on a regular basis.

I have all 8 characters maxed at provisioning 50 with 3/3 hirelings ...
    :smile: