Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's with the Vile Manse???

IdesofMarch2
IdesofMarch2
✭✭
Man is this a group thing? I can't get through this on my own and I'm a level 43 DK. There are like 5 or 6 guys at each turn. Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe I just suck.
Runs with the A.D.
Xbox One
PC N/A
Magicka Sorc
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a group dungeon. It is possible to solo... But there is no shame in not being able to do so.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man is this a group thing? I can't get through this on my own and I'm a level 43 DK. There are like 5 or 6 guys at each turn. Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe I just suck.

Yeah it is a public dungeon. Usually you need maybe one other player with especially if you cannot deal with the champions by yourself. It is possible to solo them.
  • Mandrel8
    Mandrel8
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @IdesofMarch2 - no man, you don't suck if you fail to solo a public dungeon. They're designed for groups.

I've died a lot in this game while soloing public dungeons! Vile Manse included!
    The most frustrating ones are those with multiple bosses. You get to the end of it and find you've missed a boss or a skyshard or whatever and have to do it again. Doh! Doubt I'm alone there!

Of course, being a public dungeon means you could take as many mates in there as you like.
    Alternatively, sit outside and wait for another player to come along or you can come back to it later, of course.
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Thanks Mandrel8; I actually got through it but I followed some master wizard and someone else to roll with. But damn that seemed impossible.
    Edited by IdesofMarch2 on October 3, 2015 11:52PM
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    The Vile Manse is one of my favorite places in the entire game... awesome atmosphere and story. As a level 41 summoning sorcerer, I was able to solo it relatively easily using Unstable Clannfear, Twilight Matriarch, Shattering Prison, Lightning Flood, and Elemental Blockade for the packs of enemies. I would switch to Power Overload (sword & shield when out of ultimate), Unstable Clanfear, Twilight Matriarch, Endless Fury, Boundless Storm, and Crystal Frags when fighting a boss.
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the group challenge boss if you want to beat it bring at least 2 friends who know what they are doing ;)
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its actually pretty cool, i think of it as a haunted house once inside
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    I do like the look of it, very cool. But damn what a *** to go through lol
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this place has been buffed, at least in the VR Instances. I never had an issue taking a character through there solo and at least being able to handle the mobs when on level. Most of the time I could do the bosses on level solo. Overleveled, the place was a fun area to farm for loot to level crafting skills. My DK has had his butt handed to him with the first group of mobs, he is VR11.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mandrel8
    Mandrel8
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @Nestor - Like you, I did this as part of Cadwell's Gold. I died several times.
    I'm not ashamed. I've died a lot in this game, mostly trying to solo public dungeons and oddly, it hasn't spoiled my enjoyment one bit!
    I really must get some mates!
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vile Manse is a tough dungeon to play solo at or near level. You definitely don't suck. It can get tough, especially if two groups of 5+ enemies attack at once.

I should point out: it gets far worse the lower you go. Watch those cracks in the wall. ;)

You might want to level up a bit if you're going solo, or stick with a group of people. I chose to level up a bit. Like, 10. Even then, it was still a challenge.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    THE MANSE, as we ADers call it, was a tough jaunt even at the non-VR difficulty before Cadwell's Almanac.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Alexa.Darkstar
    A lot of the Public Dungeons on ESO assume there are many people inside at all times, therefor they seem to operate on the premise of making sure to have enough enemies for everyone. You definitely don't suck. There's just never enough people in the Vile Manse...ever. I've soloed it before (because I missed the skyshard the first time around) and it definitely wasn't easy, somehow I managed to only die a couple of times and I was VR1. Might want to take a buddy with you next time. Same problem with the Village of the Lost in Coldharbour...
    Glarawen | Bosmer | Archer/Healer | Werewolf | Aldmeri Dominion | VR3
    "There is something magical about losing yourself in a world that doesn't exist"
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    @Alexa.Darkstar The Village is definitely a group is best scenario.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank