Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Don't know what crafting skills to put on this character.

Acsvf
Acsvf
✭✭✭
So, I read a magicka build, that uses dual wield(for spell power), destruction staff, and light armor. The author also suggests using spell power potions.
I'm thinking of using the build.
Naturally, clothing, woodworking, blacksmithing, alchemy, and possibly enchanting come to mind. However, I'm not too comfortable with the idea of 4-5 crafting skills on a single character. Eventually I probably will be, but at the moment it's not something that I'd want to have.
I'm more comfortable with 1-2 skills, at least for now. Which ones would you all recommend me get?
@LightArray
Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to do crafting here is one concept.
    Whichever character is going to make either weapons, armor or both you should go ahead and develop clothing, black smithing and wood working. The motif is for all so if you're going to mess with one, do them all.

Personally if you like crafting I'd say to just play the whole game and get all the skills so you can craft and play because as you progress in crafting some of the dailies will place you out in the danger zones so you may as well go all out.

Any Alts can then just back mats and play
    It's completely up to you tho....whatever makes you happy is best. Even if you have one chat for each

It's a game meant to be enjoyed for a long time
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every character should at least have Alchemy and Provisioning maxed out, since both trees provide good passives for food and potion duration.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I would advise doing all blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing on one character and here is why,

Some motifs cost a packet and to buy these for each character would increase costs by ALOT....

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice thing is you can level crafting without out putting any skill points in. Just decon the loot you get after sell enough for repairs. Although Extraction and Research passives might be nice to spend points on while leveling. You can also do your trait research while your leveling the skills.

While it is nice to do, you don't need to craft while your character is in the 1 to 50 levels, loot drops will be enough to get you by that content. VR is where it really makes a difference.
    Edited by Nestor on October 5, 2015 12:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"