Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Initiation bugged on "drink the potion" PS4

Trashyratchet
Trashyratchet
✭✭✭
My character will not drink the damn potion. I cannot progress the quest line and therefore, the whole Daggerfall quest line. I've abandoned, tried drinking inside and behind the tent, logged out, restarted the Playstation, deleted save files, waited 24 hours, opened a ticket directly from the console, I've even tried it naked. It is broken and I haven't heard a peep from Zos yet. Over 24 hours and I cannot progress. Absolute BS.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could skip it and try again after the next maintenance. While it is part of the storyline, The Initiation is not required for progression, and you can continue to Tu'Whacca's Throne without it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    I've moved past and finished Tu'Whacca's Throne part of the main line. Now Alasan's Plot is bugging on me. It won't finish. When I attempt to trap his soul with the ward he says "what are you doing? Nooooo" and then nothing happens. Again, I've tried logging out over night, doing it a group, etc. etc. and no luck. And ideas on this one?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, not sure what to suggest on that one. I assume you've tried abandoning the quest and starting it over? That, combined with logging off for at least fifteen minutes, quite often resets things appropriately. Beyond that, there is maintenance this week, so the server reset may fix these issues.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, tried logging off overnight for two days. Fortunately, I was at least able to move on and complete the next area and Coldharbour. Had several glitches in Coldharbour and on God of Schemes. The final Molag Bal fight in Coldharbour didn't finish, but when I logged out and logged back in it logged me back in as if it did finish. On God of Schemes the Molag Bal fight just went on forever, he would drop to his knees, the big sword animation never happened, and then he got back up and landed on me. This went on and on. You can't log out, so I dashboarded and it logged me back in as if I had finished. I talked to Meridia and again it didn't transport me or open a portal of any kind, dashboard and when I logged back in it progressed me. It's acting like animations aren't triggering, so it doesn't move on. Same way on Alasan's quest. I don't raise the sword to trap him on my screen, but others say they see me doing it over and over. Pretty frustrating because I didn't have any issues with my three other VR characters at all before the IC patch.

At any rate, thanks for the suggestion to move on, Although I will need to go back for the achievements, it did let me move on to Cadwell's Silver and get to Belkarth, which was my biggest concern. Much appreciated.
  • Tumbaga
    Tumbaga
    Soul Shriven
    My character will not drink the damn potion. I cannot progress the quest line and therefore, the whole Daggerfall quest line. I've abandoned, tried drinking inside and behind the tent, logged out, restarted the Playstation, deleted save files, waited 24 hours, opened a ticket directly from the console, I've even tried it naked. It is broken and I haven't heard a peep from Zos yet. Over 24 hours and I cannot progress. Absolute BS.

I'm playing on PC, so I'm not sure if this helps:
    I was confused as well because the vial in my inventory had the "use" option, which doesn't work at all. The proper way to use the vial is to go into the tent. There you get "E use the potion" (don't remember the exact phrase) when you move the mouse over the carpet. Then you can press "E" (or whatever button it is on PS4) and drink the potion.
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had run that quest with 4 other characters, so I knew how it should react. It was just stuck. I had several other quests do the same thing on that character. I screamed enough that someone got a hold of me while I was in game and they did something to fix it. All of my quests that were stuck played nice after that. Too bad it took 6 days and multiple cut and paste email replies from Zos and my increasingly frustrated rants to fix it.