Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Whats VR like?

Chieve
Chieve
✭✭✭
Me and my friend will be htting VR soon and we are wondering if it is harder to vet to 1-16 then 1-50

Is the armor better?

What do you do and where do you level?
Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
  • Mandrel8
    Mandrel8
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Chieve (again)! Congratulations and I'm kinda jealous because you're not even half way through the game yet!

Levelling is just as easy. Armour and weapon drops level to the area, same as before, so there's loads of good stuff to get.

You now have the joys of Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold, the content of which is around Vr1 to Vr10, where you get to experience all the quests and countries from the other alliances.

Then, Craglorn, of course, which is a level Vr10 - 14 area.

Enjoy!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not harder to level, but it takes longer for each level.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it will take longer to get from 1-16 than it did from 1-50. It's a lot faster now though, since the update. Maybe 1-16 was just slow for me because i mostly only pvpd lol
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    don't mean to sound rude but wait and find out on your own
    VR 16 Dragonknight Sarenvog (AD, Former Emperor)
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    it will take longer to get from 1-16 than it did from 1-50. It's a lot faster now though, since the update. Maybe 1-16 was just slow for me because i mostly only pvpd lol

It was. PvP does not yield the same EXP from questing.
    PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
    [NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
    VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
    VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
    LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
    Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
    LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
    Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"

• NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh... Just get through it as fast as possible. because you have a 2 month grind to get all the gear you need to be considered viable.

As for where to level. We can't tell you that unless you tell us which faction you are.

Here's my advice:
    Cadwell's Almanac Quest Locations google this and go to images and find the zone ur next quest is in. Each area has 4 hubs u have to visit to progress. they're the red circles on many of the map images here. I used to have a link to a compiled guide but I seem to have lost it.

Anyway im sure you can find one with all the images pasted together. So you try to do 1 or 2 zones a day and you'll be vr 16 before you know it.

There are several grind locations... but depending on your faction I'd say the best area is in cyrodil regardless. or IC. whichever. many people will argue for the old grind areas...but I like to simplify my advice and the fact is in cyrodil...the mobs scale to you , thus you don't have to change areas to grind and you might even get some kills in. All of which is win win.
    Edited by NativeJoe on October 4, 2015 5:32PM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Mandrel8
    Mandrel8
    ✭✭✭
    @NativeJoe - you seem to be assuming that no-one plays for the PvE and that questing is a very dull way to achieve the end result of Vr16 PvP with viable gear and should be got through as quickly as possible?

Maybe OP enjoys questing! I certainly did.

I finished Cadwell's Gold at Vr15 (and a half!) and then went off to Craglorn.

Hadn't been to Cyrodil. Never been grinding. Never done PvP. Hadn't done many Pledges or Group Dungeons.

Missed no PvE content. Left no stone unturned. Really enjoyed the game!
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like you @Mandrel8 no ***
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, why can't more people try to enjoy the damn game, I play it because I like it not because I want to be #1 (though it wouldn't hurt my experience if I was ;) )
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for me... I've been playing mmo's since I was 12 and now im 28... so yeah. the whole Quest bit of..." HEy im old. go get that book over their for me, slay the jabberwookie, and hand it back to me and I'll give u 4 copper coins... " is a little well played out for me. However; getting to the end game, and Doing meaningful progress like build an endgame set, seeing the amazing dungeons, cooperating with people, joking and laughing, and owning people's faces in pvp is what interests me. Sorry it's a projection thing. we all assume that our points of views are shared with others.

but by all means enjoy the story, read all the books, and immerse yourself.

Me, I like to put on some "let the bodies hit the floor" and go crush skulls.
  • Mandrel8
    Mandrel8
    ✭✭✭
    @NativeJoe - I vaguely remember being 28!
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandrel8 wrote: »
    @NativeJoe - I vaguely remember being 28!

better then me... I barley remember doing dungeons I havn't done in like a month :P Like I forget the entire package of mechanics rofl...so I literally have to get the briefing package before bosses like the rest of the "noobs" :pensive: ( I literally have the achievments so I've done it before, but Just can't recollect dodge roll this when the boss does the peace sign and drop down to the second level when this add spawns, or run like hell when x+y+z happens.)

Idk why... my brain just refuses to remember this information.
    Meanwhile I can remember all the spell power weapon power, mana and stamina equations and can factor in dps combo's that make sense...and I've made quite a few niche builds that are quite effective with odd ball sets...in my head and tested them out to be 100% viable later in game.

• Mandrel8
    Mandrel8
    ✭✭✭
    @NativeJoe - as in, I vaguely remember being aged 28, not level 28!
    You must remember being aged 28 because you're aged 28 now!
    Or you were a couple of hours ago anyway.
    My friend, I fear you have had your skull crushed in Cyrodil too often!
    I suggest a period of convalescence may be in order.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahaha old timer. alright! yeah idk I think you need to do some dungeons. and see why rushing to the end is perfectly reasonable. as they say...the game begins when you reach the "end game" my sugguestion. Do regular dsa and Vdsa... super fun! start doing pledges...and roll with a pvp guild. get Team speak and ventrillo and have some fun. try my side for a bit...and see why I prefer the group end game play in a mmo over the single player mode :D
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well if you are playing with a friend it should be fun. However, for me Vet leveling is boring, and it's hard to find someone around to help when needed.

I am only Vet 5 and it's a slow tortuous drag to the end game.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)