Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Where to go next?

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
I just got down to The Hollow City/Cold Harbour. I'm level 45, and everyone else down here is vet rank.

So, question, am I here too early? Or am I OK and just start questing down here?

Should I grind some levels somewhere? If so, where? Although, I'm not in the mood to walk around Riften for a few weeks to get to level 50. Besides, because of diminishing experience points that would probably not be worthwhile to do.

Also, I finished in Riften, and that was the first area where I didn't get a follow-on quest for another area, so I presume I'm done questing in different areas for the time being.

My gear is all quest rewards/drops, nothing special. I have two items of a set, and that's it. I'm an imperial templar/caster/healer. My destro staffs are 751 + 190 ice or fire damage. Again, nothing special. I think I do around 900 points damage.

Is PvP'ing an option to get better gear? I'm not real good at it, but willing. I keep reading about Craglorn, should I go there?

Thanks for any help.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are bang on the intended level. Coldharbour is geared for 45-50. The Vet Rank people you are seeing are likely nearing the end of the Coldharbour story chain, or using the zone as a base for other activities.

Once you finished Stomping Sinmur in The Rift, you should have got Messages Across Tamriel from King Jorunn, but if you were already Level 45, you would have got Messages Across Tamriel from Vanus Galerion instead, which may be why it didn't seem like a follow-on. This is assuming of course that you followed the Stirk storyline to get into Coldharbour, where you meet the other alliance leaders, and didn't skip over the introductory quest by using a Travel to Player option.

My gear has always been quest drops as well. It worked fine for me, at least until I started trying Veteran content. PvP is an option if you want to give it a go; you can buy gear in Cyrodiil using Alliance Points, and you get a bit of gear in campaign rewards as well. Craglorn is only available once you hit Level 50 / VR1.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Enodoc said you're right on the level for Coldharbour so don't worry about anyone VR1+ you see. If they're playing there then they aren't getting any experience from kills, just from the end of quest until later in the Coldharbour questlines.

Once you do get to VR1 then you can go to Craglorn but...remember its a group adventure zone so as a VR1 almost anything that fights back will likely chew your face off if you try to go solo.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
    Enodoc wrote: »

Once you finished Stomping Sinmur in The Rift, you should have got Messages Across Tamriel from King Jorunn, but if you were already Level 45, you would have got Messages Across Tamriel from Vanus Galerion instead, which may be why it didn't seem like a follow-on. This is assuming of course that you followed the Stirk storyline to get into Coldharbour, where you meet the other alliance leaders, and didn't skip over the introductory quest by using a Travel to Player option.

/ VR1.

Yeah that was real strange. When I get to a new area, I usually leave the city you start a new quest in by going left or right (up or down) to get a feel for what level the enemies are. So, I got to Riften and started going around the outside and eventually got a quest to look for the three pieces of that ax, followed shortly thereafter by a quest to find Sinmur and kill him. So, got all that done, and I'm thinking everything is good, when a few days later, I get back to the Skald-King and get the quest to find the pieces for the axe and kill Sinmur. That was not a fun fight (had some problems there - bug), so I didn't want to do it. So, I finished the quest I was on and reported back to one of the king's people for something, and suddenly the game is like, ok done that, removed the quest to get the axe/kill Sinmur and I got the quest to go see all the leaders and go to Stirk, and then talk to Vanus. So, the game caught up with me in regards to killing Sinmur and getting the axe, but for about 10 minutes I was dreading having to go back there. And then I still had two main quests waiting, one to become one of the 5 companions and something else. But yeah, it was interesting.

• Anasatsudo
    Anasatsudo
    ✭✭
    You're actually a bit late getting to CH. The quest chain starts at level 41. From CH, you can run the quest lines (recommended if you haven't done the main quest yet on another char), or you can grind Ogrims for quick levelling to VR1.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anasatsudo wrote: »
    You're actually a bit late getting to CH. The quest chain starts at level 41. From CH, you can run the quest lines (recommended if you haven't done the main quest yet on another char), or you can grind Ogrims for quick levelling to VR1.
    @Anasatsudo Coldharbour starts at 44.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Anasatsudo
    Anasatsudo
    ✭✭
    Are you sure? My Templar is level 41 and is in Cold Harbor (completed quests to get there, not a travel to player). At least, I'm 99.975% sure my Templar is 41, I don't think I was that tired while grinding out levels on him.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anasatsudo wrote: »
    Are you sure? My Templar is level 41 and is in Cold Harbor (completed quests to get there, not a travel to player). At least, I'm 99.975% sure my Templar is 41, I don't think I was that tired while grinding out levels on him.
    You can get there at any level, provided you have done the required quests, but the lowest-level quests in the zone are 44.
  • Anasatsudo
    Anasatsudo
    ✭✭
    Hrmm, ok then. I haven't done the quest line in there in quite some time, and I didn't pick any quests up last night other than the Walk-through from Meridia. Planned on hitting up the Ogrims tonight rather than quest through anyways. I want VR1 so that my Templar will start gaining CP when I play him :\