The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Did the bottom fall out of the werewolf bite market?

BrotherSpark
BrotherSpark
✭✭
I bought my werewolf bite for 5k. I've sold them for 2k, 5k, and 10k, depending on who offered what. (Xbox One)

Today everyone was giving them out for free in the afternoon. Later, l I asked for 2-5k and a guy said he was going to report me as a "scammer" because I wouldn't take 500. What the heck?
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to everyone has Vamp or WW, we all tried telling you guys how it would go at console launch, but that still didn't stop everyone from freaking out about not being able to get bit.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one wants it that badly because you don't get the stamina regeneration outside of ww form anymore.
  • BrotherSpark
    BrotherSpark
    ✭✭
    Ah. I didn't know stamina regeneration went away outside of WW form.
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've been free for a long time. I even made it a personal mission to spam the newbie zones offering free bites and informing anyone beyond the first that if they go to the shrines and spam asking for a free one, they'd get it. I also arranged for Werewolf trains where the first guy bites the second guy who bites the third guy etc. Last month I was getting 30 people bit per week easily.

If you're still charging for something that is free, and that all eight of my characters can have ready each week, then yeah... you pretty much ARE a scammer.

Prices are based on scarcity. It's not exactly rare to find a werewolf these days.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Never been a Vamp or WW and don't care. Contracted Vamp once and cured it right away. If I wanted to be one, I'd get it myself. As it is I'm pretty happy that I'm the only player in this game who has been here since Beta and never had it lol.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one wants it that badly because you don't get the stamina regeneration outside of ww form anymore.

You still get the stam regen out of form, you just need to have the transformation ultimate slotted

I've never charged for a vamp/ww bite....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • BrotherSpark
    BrotherSpark
    ✭✭
    LordSemaj wrote: »
    If you're still charging for something that is free, and that all eight of my characters can have ready each week, then yeah... you pretty much ARE a scammer.

Asking too high a price (what was actually a fair price a month ago) isn't "scamming," it's just asking too high a price. That's why I asked here in the forums. "Scamming" is taking somebody's money and logging out.

Last time I was at the Vampire shrines a week ago, people were still asking 10-15k for bites. Is there a reason vampire bites still run pretty high and WW bites are so cheap? I was trying to get bit by mobs in Reaper's March and vampires were running around killing them when they spawned.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see the *** that were camping the spawn spots are finally out of business.

They should have been banned from the game in the first place.
    chair.gif
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /cheer

Told you guys it would straighten out.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought my werewolf bite for 5k. I've sold them for 2k, 5k, and 10k, depending on who offered what. (Xbox One)

Today everyone was giving them out for free in the afternoon. Later, l I asked for 2-5k and a guy said he was going to report me as a "scammer" because I wouldn't take 500. What the heck?

You've made your 5k back, now do people a favour and bite them for free. It costs you nothing. I rolled another WW alt so I've got 6 now, just to put expletives like you out of business. I also tell the people I bite for free to do the same.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my bites the natural way for free. I've since been regularly selling them for the same price I paid. Usually to guildies, but occasionally to random folk in /zone.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's to be expected, WW and Vampire bites are being given out freely by more and more people. I have seen more then one guild (And am part of one, PC) dedicated to stamping out bite-profiteering.

Our group is full of those with the idea that charging for biting is detrimental to the community as a whole, and to the individuals specifically engaged in such activities. There is also no safe way to actually charge someone for a bite, and on the flip-side, no safe way to pay for a bite. It's a single-sided transaction that can be walked out on half-way through, leaving the other party SOL.

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's to be expected, WW and Vampire bites are being given out freely by more and more people. I have seen more then one guild (And am part of one, PC) dedicated to stamping out bite-profiteering.

Our group is full of those with the idea that charging for biting is detrimental to the community as a whole, and to the individuals specifically engaged in such activities. There is also no safe way to actually charge someone for a bite, and on the flip-side, no safe way to pay for a bite. It's a single-sided transaction that can be walked out on half-way through, leaving the other party SOL.

is that like the "Priests of Hircine" guild? also, if either of those one side deal breakers happen it is a bannable offense

PS: check my sig :*
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on September 30, 2015 11:24PM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • BrotherSpark
    BrotherSpark
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    You've made your 5k back, now do people a favour and bite them for free. It costs you nothing. I rolled another WW alt so I've got 6 now, just to put expletives like you out of business. I also tell the people I bite for free to do the same.

"Expletives" like me? Geez dude. I asked the question in the first place to clarify the etiquette for this sort of thing. This is what I get for asking a genuine question in good faith? Yikes. People are really upset about this, huh?
    Edited by BrotherSpark on October 1, 2015 12:04AM
  • BrotherSpark
    BrotherSpark
    ✭✭

This is a good, informative response. Thanks.

I was pretty terrified of being scammed for a bite when I got mine a month ago. Like you said, there's no safe way to do it.
  • ZakuBeta
    ZakuBeta
    ✭✭✭
    I periodically give mine away free. I don't bite often, usually saving it for people I group with who express interest in the becoming a WW. I have taken gold from those that offer, but that isn't my goal. I usually bite and run, but I actually had one guy chase me down to give me some gold.
  • BrotherSpark
    BrotherSpark
    ✭✭
    ZakuBeta wrote: »
    I periodically give mine away free. I don't bite often, usually saving it for people I group with who express interest in the becoming a WW. I have taken gold from those that offer, but that isn't my goal. I usually bite and run, but I actually had one guy chase me down to give me some gold.

The three bites I gave were all offers - 2k, 7k, 10k. Actually, a vet 16 guy gave me the 10k and told me to bite a random person asking for pne, so he bought it for somebody else AND rewarded me for it, which was really cool of him.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was bound to happen. At launch there are always spawn campers and bite charges. As time passes, the bites get passed out so much that they become free because the supply of bites is so so high.

All the while people complain about bite price gougers because they can't get the bites as easily as they hoped...

So while I do somewhat sympathize with you for your lack of updated bite-market sense, I am not surprised people treat you the way you do. "Bite Sellers"/"Bite Scammers" are something of a societal stigma as far as the PC community is concerned, and it is not surprising it would spread to console as well. That being said, overpricing is not a reportable offense unless you are spamming/harassing in some way.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    50,000 Gold was common for a vamp bite after launch.....

#believeit
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness it has. I will admit it was tiring to hear "GIVING AWAY WW/VAMP BITES. 25,000 GOLD!" every time I walked into a major town.

Then again, ZoS finally gave us the ability to toggle Area Chat to a permanent off. :sunglasses:
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I personally never understood the price gouging.

I am glad to see the market drop out. But WW?.... Why? lol. WW is teribad now after the update.
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington