The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thoughts on Magicka Templar's Execute damage?

FeaR Turbo
FeaR Turbo
Class Representative
Here I did a video with a friend of mine Mr. T
He did Major breach on the target and I only used the beam with scrolling text and text/damage on the right.
Watch the values of damage with the Boss's health.
Full spell damage gear around 3600 spell damage although I just noticed my puncturing sweep wasn't on my bar giving me 10% crit damage but im looking at the base value here and seeking opinions to our skill change.

https://youtu.be/ZeDBrm-mqLk

IsQTrSJ.jpg

xyryrR9.jpg

I was doing around 20k DPS with ult and puncturing sweep + purify light in trials and saw a DPS loss while using this skill so I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were ?

FeaR Turbo
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Wish i hit that hard.
    2) Why 2h? Isn't Dual wielding swords better?
    3) That's quite a lot of CP.
    4) How much does Spell Penetration affect something like this?
    (I generally play a heavy armor Templar, so i can craft 5pcs Kagrenac's Hope. Might try a heavy armor version of this.)

Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    1) Wish i hit that hard.
    2) Why 2h? Isn't Dual wielding swords better?
    3) That's quite a lot of CP.
    4) How much does Spell Penetration affect something like this?
    (I generally play a heavy armor Templar, so i can craft 5pcs Kagrenac's Hope. Might try a heavy armor version of this.)

2) Use a 2H greatsword (and put 2 points into Heavy Weapons) if you have more than 40,000 Magicka.
    Puncturing Sweep.

No Passive 2h noncrit 2,095 With Passive 2h noncrit 2,200
    No passive DW noncrit 2,108 With passive DW noncrit 2,139

3) Thank you, I spent somewhere around only 4-5 days grinding since 1.6 came out (5 CP a day- Yes i was super bored and grinding was so boring) the rest were just from playing. (Lots of VDSA)
    4) that is a good question, Depends on the target's values but just seeing the base so low at 25% till like 0 hurts my eyes :( only at the end did it crit for 22k which would be above my 20k average..
    Edited by FeaR Turbo on October 1, 2015 6:14AM
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen you youtube video against Amonkul (Roaming boss in IC).
    Interesting fight, and it shows the power of a Decently build Templar quite good. I did wonder about your use of Radiant Oppression against Amonkul. Wouldn't it be easier if you had used Radiant Glory, because of the healing you would get with that skill?

I get that Oppression is better damage wise. But for solo runs the self healing seems very good.
    10K damage with Glory would give you around 2K self healing (every 0.5 seconds).

Another question though, why the Vampire.
    I might have missed it, but i don't see any vampire skills on your bar. This makes me think you don't do it for the regen.
    As far as i know you don't get many bonuses as a vampire which would improve your damage.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reported the dps loss months ago in trials. There is a bug where the execute bonus stops applying. I have never been able to pin down the cause, but some think that more than one Templar executing at the same time is one of the causes.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/160819/radiant-destruction-pve#latest

Bugs aside, the double nerfs to the skill for 2.1 made it a lot less useful inside of Cyrodiil or IC.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 1, 2015 5:23PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Addihul
    Addihul
    ✭✭✭
    This is good stuff. I won't lie, I miss our old execute. Correct me if I'm wrong but since 1.7, spell erosion now provides base spell pen instead of scaled pen on already given spell pen. Elfborn is still the same as it used to be. Thus, I think getting erosion to 100 before putting more than 1 point in to Elfborn is now the thing. That's the word on the street at least.
    Pevara La'Roche - NA / DC - The Order of Mundus - http://orderofmundus.com
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill is now a DPS loss until about 15% enemy health. I would say it was a bug if it were any other class, but since it is a templar, this is just another in a long line of intended stealth-nerfs.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RD doesnt hit execute damage like 50% of the time. But when it hits, its nasty. They also *stealth* nerfed its scaling so if your target is above 15%, dont expect anything more than 3k a tick. It also auto cancels if you move side-ways while challening on a range/caster NPC. Its also now dodge-able which i also consider *stealth nerfed*.

They for sure have fixed its main issue which, as a Templar, i agree wasnt fair - it no longer continues channeling if target moves around the corner or some random obstacle. Sigh, that combined with all the stealth nerfs makes the ability really "meh". Still better than anything else that I could slot as a templar.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    I've seen you youtube video against Amonkul (Roaming boss in IC).
    Interesting fight, and it shows the power of a Decently build Templar quite good. I did wonder about your use of Radiant Oppression against Amonkul. Wouldn't it be easier if you had used Radiant Glory, because of the healing you would get with that skill?

I get that Oppression is better damage wise. But for solo runs the self healing seems very good.
    10K damage with Glory would give you around 2K self healing (every 0.5 seconds).

Another question though, why the Vampire.
    I might have missed it, but i don't see any vampire skills on your bar. This makes me think you don't do it for the regen.
    As far as i know you don't get many bonuses as a vampire which would improve your damage.

I was trying vampire while farming Tv stones and to help me get away, I had a PVE build so low stamina and cc was making or breaking me. Cause with empowering sweep and puncturing Sweep vs players is pretty crazy! SO i was using Mist. but ill probably get rid of it

Glory would be pretty cool but from PVE stand point not so much. I tried soloing VDSA Hiath with quick Siphon and radiant Glory, Puncturing sweep. got him to 30%!!
    Edited by FeaR Turbo on October 1, 2015 8:36PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they had just made blinding flashes as functional as abilities like cinders, fear, and blur. As for the other "dps Dawn wrath" abilities, we know many of them need serious work.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    I wondered how magic templars got magic back when using a stamina weapon. guess you have to stand in that circle.

so templars are a turret class??

I do not understand Zenimax's hatred of the templar class. they are trying to force you to be a healbot and nerf any damage. that is just really unfair.
    Edited by twistedmonk on October 2, 2015 11:36PM
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wondered how magic templars got magic back when using a stamina weapon. guess you have to stand in that circle.

I do not understand Zenimax's hatred of the templar class. they are trying to force you to be a healbot and nerf any damage. that is just really unfair.
    They should make special turret platforms (Rune Focuses).
    Rune Focus: Regen
    Restoring Focus (Defensive bonus + Regen).
    Channeled Focus (Offensive focus + Regen)

What they could have (at max level):
    Rune Focus:
    400 Magicka, Stamina and Health regen every 0.5 seconds.

Restoring Focus:
    200 Magicka, Stamina and Health every 0.5 seconds + Major Vitality, Resolve, Ward and Protection (Healing received, Spell and Physical resistance and Damage recieved reduction).

Channeled Focus:
    200 Magicka, Stamina and Health every 0.5 seconds + Major Prophecy, Savagery, Brutality, Sorcery, Force and Mending (Spell + weapon crit, Spell + Weapon Damage, Crit damage bonus and Healing done Bonus)

Slow Spells + Channels, little movement... but quite a punch.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar only has to stand in the circle for the armor bonus. The magicka regen sticks for the full duration.
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    AfkNinja wrote: »

Templar only has to stand in the circle for the armor bonus. The magicka regen sticks for the full duration.

You can leave and for 8 seconds it counts down till you lose armor and spell bonus. While within the rune, you gain 120 magicka every 0.5 seconds.
    Edited by FeaR Turbo on October 3, 2015 10:59PM
  • Krycek89
    Krycek89
    ✭✭✭

Really - very interesting i thought the armour lasted 8 secs if you left the circle; instead of the 15 sec - then the circle fades and your "armour" but you had to stand in it to gain the magicka regen. will have to check this out on my next day off -
    Edited by Krycek89 on October 3, 2015 12:09PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krycek89 wrote: »

Really - very interesting i thought the armour lasted 8 secs if you left the circle; instead of the 15 sec - then the circle fades and your "armour" but you had to stand in it to gain the magicka regen. will have to check this out on my next day off -

Don't need to stand in it, just move over the rune on the ground and you'll get the spell/armor buff again for another 8 seconds. You can refresh it as much as you want, so long as the rune is on the ground.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp