The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trials need to be scaled to V16 and reward V16 loot.

BugCollector
BugCollector
✭✭✭✭
Seriously, nobody is doing some serious raiding anymore. No reward, no nothing for doing trials. Scale them as soon as possible before all the good raiding guilds are dead!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just move on from Trials
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    You'de think this would have made sense right?

However, it has become apparent that ZoS no longer feels their developed content can stand on its own merit, and aim to force players into IC rather than entice them to come with the content itself.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeh I think some Evil Marketing Genius, possibly in thrall to Molag Bal is now in charge of the game.

They won't scale the Trials or gear because then you wouldn't be forced to go to IC for gear. They don't Want you to use the old sets. Same thing with the ridiculous Glass motif double RNG grind. If you could get it in a reasonable timeframe you wouldn't be as likely to just buy it from the store.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the trials are too old now to scale, its the same crap everyones been doing since theyre release. It will not keep raiding guilds in the game to just recycle the old junk, they need a new dsa style 4 man and a new 12 man to hold people over with in orsinium
  • LostRedden
    LostRedden
    ✭✭✭
    They need to make a few new Trials instead of scaling the old ones. Something to challenege the VR16 community. If you've ran trials then you're going to be used to the same patterns and the same rotations. New content would be better than just scaling up the old ones.
    Vet 16 Magicka Sorc DPS, V16 Stam Sorc DPS, V16 Stamina Templar DPS, V16 Dragonknight Tank/DPS, V1 Stamina NB DPS
    |PS4 NA AD| [Guild Leader of IMaG]

Vet 1 Magicka Sorc b]PS4 NA DC[/b

Vet 3 Stam Sorc DPS [PC AD]
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've sent a lot of feedback about this. I like trials, I like leaderboards, and trying builds with 11 other players and figuring out the best way to score high in Dragonstar. I like it as much as I like doing 4 man dungeons (which is the whole reason I wanted to play ESO in the first place, Elder Scrolls Dungeon Delving) heck I want to see a leaderboard for 4-man stuff too.

It drives me mad to see HRC, AA, SO, and DSA fall by the wayside with the level increase.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please Zenimax, don't wait for this until Orsinium release. This needs adressing as soon as possible!
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    No answer?
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please Zenimax, don't wait for this until Orsinium release. This needs adressing as soon as possible!

They already said that trials cannot be scaled right now, but that they are working on it. I don't expect them to be scaled until at least Q2 2016.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
  • Carter_DC
    Carter_DC
    ✭✭✭
    ATM most ppl are still in farming stage. IC is a great new addition to the fun and excitement in TESO.
    I just hope that when the hype is gone hardcore pve players will come back to raiding.

PVE raiding Guilds like it hard.
    Even if the loots where still bullsh!t (most of them where outdated back in 1.6 already), if the content offers some kind of a new challenge, They will go back raiding.

Seriously, how hard can it be to raise the raid levels to VR16 ? Get an Intern to do it : adjust HP, adjust damages, adjust resistances.
    Isn't it much more easy than creating a new raid ?

Otherwise, next year, we'll have only one raid to do... the new one... that's gonna be really sad.
    High Kinlady Estre was right ! Hail to the Veil !
    Fr AD Guild Arkadium.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WHY SCALE UP TO V16 IF ZOS COULD NOT SCALE TRAIL'S!?

so stupid..

some of my favorite set's are from trail's. Now i'm forced to use generic jewelry set's and the limited amount of set's available with tel var stone's.

Cool to see the game is really showing the diversity...
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on October 2, 2015 9:48AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    Just move on from Trials

And do what instead? Picking flowers all day?
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no point in scaling the existing trials to VR16...

Most of the rewards are complete bull****, the encounters are utterly boring if you go in there for the 100+ time and it's not just tuning some HP and resistances some way up...
    It needs testing again, proper balancing for new sets maybe and so on just for some people that are still not fed up going into the same raids over and over again like they did it for months already.
    Edited by Legedric on October 2, 2015 9:51AM
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    They, Will let you know what will be comeing out next, Just give them time please thanks!
  • djnapstyb14_ESO
    djnapstyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For real tho
    EP FOR LIFE
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they weren't prepared or willing to upscale trials and DSA, they shouldn't have been so eager to raise the level cap. Obsoleting of old content to force players into the new shiny area won't be good for the long term health of the game. Imagine if the current level cap was V10. Look at all the content we could run and horizontal progression we might have.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo all gear should be obtainable in end lvl versions,
    whats the point of all the nice sets if only a handfull are available end lvl
    Edited by bertenburnyb16_ESO on October 2, 2015 12:43PM
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    the trials are too old now to scale, its the same crap everyones been doing since theyre release. It will not keep raiding guilds in the game to just recycle the old junk, they need a new dsa style 4 man and a new 12 man to hold people over with in orsinium

You think removing the purpose of the content completely will make.them stay more?

Sure its not the greatest fox to scale it, but it at least keeps the content available for players who want to progress their character and still enjoy other aspects of the game rather than the flavor of the month.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might scale eventually, but right now the money is in the new content and there is no way they are going to give away vr15+ stuff for free. The mats should only be available through DLC to max profit.

If they raise the cap again or once the initial buying spree dies down maybe it will scale. If they scaled it now it would still only drop vr14 max.

Hardmode trials to award vr15+ might be acceptable. Even then I would expect only the end rewatd to scale up.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ONLY group content for a guild to run is PvP right now. I LOOOVE PvP, it's my favorite part of the game by far, but if people don't have options they will get bored and look for another game. If they don't scale up the trials by the Orsinium release, many many people will be very disappointed.

Personally, i think a whole DLC focused around solo PvE sounds terrible for an MMO that already lacks end-game group content.
    Edited by Sallington on October 2, 2015 1:56PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to believe that making trials provide on level rewards is as hard as they are making it out to be. My PVP end of campaign reward gave me V16. Why doesn't my vet dsa and trials weekly?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• ericprydz82ub17_ESO
    With all MMO's, they need to make old content old and bring in new content. This game is heavily PVP focused and they needed to shift attention to the DLC so they did.

Just a shot in the dark but I would bet that most people complaining here don't have even one full set of gear from the 2 new dungeons yet. That is the new challenging PVE content atm with the IC DLC, they have only released half of the gear they wanted to introduce. The other half would be with Orsinium bringing in new weapons and possibly a few other sets.

We will get a new trial shortly after Orsinium and I can only assume people will complain that one trial isn't enough even though they won't ever do it on hardmode and only run it a few times before they give up.

Be patient, it's coming. There's plenty to do now to get you ready for what is coming.
    -Pryda - Ebonheart Pact XB1 NA
    World first HelRa Hardmode player.
    GT: Bootleg Mix
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to believe that making trials provide on level rewards is as hard as they are making it out to be. My PVP end of campaign reward gave me V16. Why doesn't my vet dsa and trials weekly?

my pvp end of campain reward on a v16 toon gave me a v1 purple set item -_-
    believe me, for Zos making something work right, is a hard thing to do
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • stonerskate109
    This is a serious problem for the people like myself who love trials
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a serious problem for the people like myself who love trials

Yeah, this is the end of raiding. Especially since no new raid is coming with Orsinium.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is stuck in a weird rut (and all games probably see this) where the only consistent thing to do is pvp (which arguably has been messed up even more with last patch) and every piece of content becomes irrelevant soon after it comes out. IC will see this soon as well, Craglorn (and the trials and arena) are about as important as revisiting the first zone of whatever our alliance is). Heck, Craglorn isn't even worthwhile to visit for the levels it's made for unless you just want to get the skyshards, and being the newest zone released before IC shows you how quickly content can fall from grace. Imagine if you had paid for the Craglorn content as a DLC.

I'd like to see old zones be relevant in some fashion at least. Maybe offering a scaled up version, even if they capped it at v14, for all the old zones. But fact is, there is no profit in it for them to make content we already paid for better. Probably focus energy on new content and just let the old content be... old.
    Edited by xaraan on October 2, 2015 6:59PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • NomaDz-2K
    NomaDz-2K
    Seriously, nobody is doing some serious raiding anymore. No reward, no nothing for doing trials. Scale them as soon as possible before all the good raiding guilds are dead!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

My PvE Guild is still waiting for the loot Upscale in Trials.
    To think it's such a simple thing to change.... ZENIMAX... o:)
    Grendel ESO Ebonheart Pact PvE Guild
    Grendel ESO Ebonheart Pact PvE Guild Recruiting
    Contact PSN: NomaDz-2K
    VR16 - Dragon Knight - TANK
    VR16 - Dragon Knight - MAGICKA DPS
    VR16 - Dragon Knight - STAMINA DPS
    VR16 - TEMPLAR - HEALER/RESTO
    VR16 - SORCERER - DPS

Crafting: Blacksmith, Clothing (Medium & Light), Enchanting, Provisions and Wood Working

Crafting Level: 50 on ALL and 9 Traits

• sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Just be happy that you got them done at all. I wasnt so lucky and only done AA Hel Ra and DSA all normal so have probably no chance of getting them done ever now.
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am sick of getting v15 rewards, and even more so sick of bound! That needs fixing FAST!
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda wonder... why should they spend effort to refit trials now when they will have to spend effort to refit -everything- once they are ready to finally ditch the veteran ranks and implement the final phase of the champion system?

I expect any alteration to happen then... and yes, most likely trials will change to become useful again both in content challenge and most important in item-drop ways.

Also... trial-sized stuff came with group-sized Craglorn, announced Murkmire is supposedly going to be group-sized again, might just be the raidlovers will get more big group stuff to play with there... just a thought...