The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AP

Asherons_Call
Asherons_Call
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm starting to play around in Cyrodill and was just wondering if you all could post tips and tricks to earn AP. I also was wondering if the AP merchant next to the transitus shrine was the only place to spend the points. It seems like all you can buy is seige equipment and grand soul gems?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll let some more experienced PVPers chime in on the best ways to get AP (and I'll be listening in because I'm still relatively new to PVP and I want to get my rank up enough to get caltrops), but you can also spend AP at armour and weapon merchants to buy gear in your alliance's "gate" areas, and there are merchants at the resources around keeps.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well since they made all the gear obsolete, kinda.

You can also now buy pots and food (lol) and those Imperial sigils for porting to base.

Killing enemies is the best AP. Keep defense ticks can be decent, too.
    Unfortunately, most people are still in IC instead of up top right now.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Well since they made all the gear obsolete, kinda.

You can also now buy pots and food (lol) and those Imperial sigils for porting to base.

Killing enemies is the best AP. Keep defense ticks can be decent, too.
    Unfortunately, most people are still in IC instead of up top right now.

That is exactly why I'm in Cyrodiil right now. So I can train without getting annihilated :)

Couple questions- what are imperial sigils and where do you get them? Also what are defense ticks?

I have about 25k ap so far and I started in Cyrodiil on Saturday. Not sure if this is a good or bad number. I've been repairing a lot of walls and running with a group capturing resources and keeps. Also do I have to stand right on the flag when it changes color in order to gain AP?
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When an enemy player dies near an objective a portion of the AP from his death is stored up at that objective. If a lot of players die the amount of AP stored up can get quite large.

If you are the defender, a few minutes after all deaths have stopped (offensively and defensively A.K.A. on both teams) that stored AP is split evenly among the players still present at the objective.

Similarly if you are attacking an objective and successfully capture it, the stored AP is split among the attackers.

These are called the Defensive, or Offensive ticks respectively.

Since killing players yields a high amount of AP, sometimes over 1,000 if they have not died in a while, killing players around objectives where you can essentially double dip is the fastest way to gain AP. Of course you need to participate in killing the player either through damage or healing allies who damaged the enemy.

Capturing empty objectives such as keeps, resources, or outposts yields very little AP (27 - 100 AP roughly).
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is exactly why I'm in Cyrodiil right now. So I can train without getting annihilated :)

Couple questions- what are imperial sigils and where do you get them? Also what are defense ticks?

Our fine Captain addressed the other part, so:

Sigil of Imperial Retreat is found in your IC base at the Tel Var merchant. It is a port directly back to your base camp from anywhere in IC.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

PC/NA
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When an enemy player dies near an objective a portion of the AP from his death is stored up at that objective. If a lot of players die the amount of AP stored up can get quite large.

If you are the defender, a few minutes after all deaths have stopped (offensively and defensively A.K.A. on both teams) that stored AP is split evenly among the players still present at the objective.

Similarly if you are attacking an objective and successfully capture it, the stored AP is split among the attackers.

These are called the Defensive, or Offensive ticks respectively.

Since killing players yields a high amount of AP, sometimes over 1,000 if they have not died in a while, killing players around objectives where you can essentially double dip is the fastest way to gain AP. Of course you need to participate in killing the player either through damage or healing allies who damaged the enemy.

Capturing empty objectives such as keeps, resources, or outposts yields very little AP (27 - 100 AP roughly).

Thank you for the info!

By "objective" do you mean the flag? Also you mentioned that all players still present at the objective a few minutes after the tally will get ap. the group I was in was not waiting at the flag for a few minutes after each capture but immediately jumping on horses and speeding to the next one
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way is still to guest into a campagin owned by another faction and raise some hell. I earn 50-100k a night this way.
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defending keeps (you need to be inside, not outside the breech) and killing enemy players are your best bets.
    Stock up on wall repair kits and repair everything you can. I'm not sure what it's worth, maybe 22-25 ap per repair, but it all adds up.
    Take every quest you can; Bounties, Elder Scrolls, Keeps, Resources. As soon as you finish one and you're about to travel to the next fight, quickly tp back, hand it in and get a new one.
    If you're in a group and about to take a keep, resource or scroll, ask the players if they have the quest for whatever you're about to take, abandon yours and ask them to share it with you. Remember the sharing won't work if you currently have an active quest in that particular scenario (ie: Player X can't share Capture Dragonclaw with you if you have Capture Alessia quest).
    Best advice, join an active group the second you enter Cyrodiil. If you have a bounty quest, the kills they get will go towards your quest too. Some people even ask to share the bounty quest "Kill enemy players" instead of "Kill enemy Dragonknights/Nightblades/Templars/Sorcerers", because it's a lot faster.

You can purchase stuff from Siege vendors at any property (assuming it's held by your faction). There's even wandering Siege merchants around Cyrodiil that are surprised when you find them. Soul gems and sieges are very important, but as I said above, the wall repair kits are extremely valuable too if you want to farm as much AP as possible.
    The food is pretty decent and affordable. I was using that until a friend made some purple tri-stat food for me. Once that runs out I'll probably go back to siege food, or bug her for more :D
    Definitely stock up on soul gems. The more people you resurrect on the battlefield, the more successful your team will be in the end.
    Edited by Alucardo on September 30, 2015 6:20PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys would know. Im curious.

Lets say im on the attack, kill a player or two, then die.

Lets say I respawn and get half way back, the keep gets taken over.

Because I was not there when the Keep was captured do I not get any of the points for it? Is this also true even if I was involved for the majority of the battle?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because I was not there when the Keep was captured do I not get any of the points for it? Is this also true even if I was involved for the majority of the battle?

Yes, you have to be on the keep grounds to get the Offensive tick and AP. The offensive ones happen pretty quickly when the keep is taken.

Defensive ones, however, take more time after the fighting is over. it is possible to get back in time for those.

PC/NA
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good info everyone, thank you all
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a rumor that if you die while taking a flag and are still dead when the tick occurs that it is greater than normal. I have not paid attention if it is true or I am res before it can occur. I am not complaining about being res'd.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you have to be on the keep grounds to get the Offensive tick and AP. The offensive ones happen pretty quickly when the keep is taken.

Defensive ones, however, take more time after the fighting is over. it is possible to get back in time for those.

Bummer, thanks for letting me know though. Kinda advocating the more defensive builds so that you'll actually be around for the points :)

Edit: above post made me wonder, if I die and just keep my body there, do I still get the points?
    Edited by Waffennacht on September 30, 2015 6:48PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds