The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Legerdemain

Tannakaobi
Tannakaobi
✭✭✭✭✭
"Sorry Mr Hood, we can't take any more of this fine merchandise you have stolen from the good people of Sherwood Forest because... well, this is rather embarrassing, but you see. You have already sold me fifty items today, come back tomorrow.

However, all is not lost. If you give me the going price I shall wave my magic wand and then you can sell them to the good merchant over there."

Game mechanics v's realism, sigh. Still, at least it makes sense.
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is kinda silly though. Unless I'm selling mass quantities of loot I almost never launder items. The rare exceptions are blue (or even rarer purple) recipes and motifs. I'd love to see them just combine the two into one daily limit, it be a whole lot easier to deal with.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's stupid too. However, I don't get why people use the "realism" argument in these types of games when your character can shoot fire from his ass and there's portals appearing right, left and centre from the sky.

As Barbas once said to the Dragonborn: "Skyrim is now host to giant, flying lizards and two-legged cat-men... and you're surprised by me? Yes. I just talked. And am continuing to do so."
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's stupid too. However, I don't get why people use the "realism" argument in these types of games when your character can shoot fire from his ass and there's portals appearing right, left and centre from the sky.

As Barbas once said to the Dragonborn: "Skyrim is now host to giant, flying lizards and two-legged cat-men... and you're surprised by me? Yes. I just talked. And am continuing to do so."

but there is a big difference in fantasy things such as breathing fire and a game mechanic that is there only to stop people making too much gold or cheating the game.

and anyway, Barbas was cannon fodder in exchange for a rather nice weapon. Stupid talking dog...