Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar healing guide for Veteran dungeons

kupacmac
kupacmac
✭✭✭
This is a very basic guide for Templars having trouble healing in Veteran dungeons. Don't give up hope, it's actually very simple once you understand what your strengths are.

First and foremost, you've got the best heal in the game: Breath of Life (the morph of Rushed Ceremony). That's the key to your healing. It is not an *OH S__T* heal, it is your PRIMARY heal. The only downside to it is the Magicka cost. The trick to being a top notch Templar healer is Magicka management. If you can get that down, healing is cake.

So before you even set foot in a Veteran dungeon, you need to spec and gear your character to maximize Magicka (both max and recovery). As a rule of thumb, I try to get the cost of BoL equal to my Magicka recovery. At that point, you can cast BoL a minimum of every 2 seconds. That's huge. So I highly recommend buying/crafting equipment sets that give you plenty of Magicka and Magicka recovery. Sure you might have acquired some uber purple dungeon drop that's better than a crafted piece, but if it breaks your equipment set and adversely affects your Magicka recovery, it's not worth it IMO. Once Magicka recovery isn't a concern, then you can look into replacing pieces with better quality drops as long as you keep your Magicka recovery around the same as the cost of BoL.

As far as spec goes, just pick all the passives that increase Magicka & Magicka recovery and anything that helps keep you alive (a dead healer casts no heals). I prefer using max Magicka/Health food over Magicka recovery food in dungeons just because there are times you will take big damage hits and you need enough health to be able to survive those long enough to heal yourself through it.

Now that you have the right spec/gear/food, healing is fairly routine:
  1. Cast Rapid Regeneration (and Extended Ritual if you have it) as soon as combat starts (if not before) and refresh as needed. This will give the party *some* healing when you get incapacitated.
  2. Cast BoL as soon as someone drops below about 75% health, spam it as needed.
  3. Use Heavy Attack to regain Magicka as needed.
  4. Pop a Magicka potion as needed.

That's it. Notice I only listed 2 spells (3 if you have Extended Ritual), so you can use the other slots for whatever. If you want additional Magicka recovery, you can slot Restoring Aura; if you want support spells, you can slot Blessing of Protection and/or Spear Shards; if you want more HoT's you can slot Grand Healing (although I find it unnecessary). Of course DPS spells are ok too as long as they don't adversely affect your Magicka recovery or hinder casting heals.

Enjoy.
  • Zahelll
    Zahelll
    Soul Shriven
    Thx :)
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Where should the first 150 CP points go if you are a Temp Healer/DPS?

Dual Sword/Resto