The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Power/Crtical Surge heal and Energy Overload

posthumecaver
posthumecaver
✭✭
It seems that heavy attacks from Energy Overload isn't triggering the Surge Heal.

I find it that interesting, a heavy attack implemented as Dot attack. It can't never bypass 100 ms ICD and over heal, so why to limit this way.

I think they should remove DOT attack from EO's heavy attack.
  • Noerknhar
    Noerknhar
    ✭✭✭
    "It seems" as in "it could be that" or "It seems" as in "definitely"?
  • posthumecaver
    posthumecaver
    ✭✭
    Well I used heavy attack against 5 mobs like 15s and didn't get one single surge proc which procs all the time with light attack with my %62 crit chance.

So I will test further but I am quite sure it doesn't proc with EO heavy attack.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    could you test with resto and lightning staff heavy attacks too?
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Heavy Attack of Overload does not proc the Surge heal. I can confirm this. On that note, same for the Rapid Strikes in the DW tree.
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on the other hand, the fact that heavy overload attacks register as a DoT is extremely helpfull to bypass reflect and dodge-roll.

so please, keep it as a DoT!!!
  • posthumecaver
    posthumecaver
    ✭✭
    I don't know then why crit surge is procs from Steel Tornado, best AOE skill in the game and heals you like mad and it doesn't count as DOT/AOE.

In this situation, it is little bit weird that heavy attack of Energy Overload does not heal.
    Edited by posthumecaver on October 12, 2015 1:14PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because many things count as DoTs for some reason....
    Heavy Overload heavy attacks are considered DoTs, just like daedric curse and mines. This leads to massive problems in my opinion.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mages wrath
  • posthumecaver
    posthumecaver
    ✭✭
    I was researching little bit more about the subject, it seems that 'Fire Pulse'' heals also from Power Surge so I ask the question again, what is the difference from Overload Heavy attack.

Both hitting multiple targets like 3K....
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was researching little bit more about the subject, it seems that 'Fire Pulse'' heals also from Power Surge so I ask the question again, what is the difference from Overload Heavy attack.

Both hitting multiple targets like 3K....

Probably because Overload heavy attacks are a channel.
    A weird channel though. I mean, all channels are blockable now.
    But even before, overload heavies used to be blockable.

I think it's like the twilight attacks :D : It is a projectile, but no projectile. It is a beam, but no beam.
    You can't find words for it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better to use light attacks with Degeneration and Crit-surge imo.

I did notice the no surge-heal thing last night while AoEing mobs in the sewers though, but given the nature of ZoS when they fix abilities I'm fine with the way it works now. No need to make our heavy AoE attacks reflectable or go invisible or other such nonsense by touching it.
    Edited by Ezareth on October 20, 2015 8:59PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Better to use light attacks with Degeneration and Crit-surge imo.

I did notice the no surge-heal thing last night while AoEing mobs in the sewers though, but given the nature of ZoS when they fix abilities I'm fine with the way it works now. No need to make our heavy AoE attacks reflectable or go invisible or other such nonsense by touching it.

Yea. Overload is good as it is.
    It is the only good Sorcerer ultimate, offers a 3rd bar for togglemancers and offers DPS in dungeons.
    It of course offers burst moments in pvp as well.

But it's easily counterable. Reflectable, dodgeable, blockable and not really hard to outheal, when you are aware of it.
    It has a very loud and obvious animation on activation and it's lighting orbs have been made even more obvious with this update. Don't know why I'm writing so much even though nobody was talking about this right now :D but I felt like saying it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.