Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Killer's blade

J2JMC
J2JMC
✭✭✭✭✭
Killer's blade is cheap, stamina based and scales to 300 percent. It's a great ability. My problem with it is that it deals magic damage. Between CP and my mace, I'm not sure how viable it is since the ability is neglecting my physical damage and armor pen bonuses. For you PC guys that actually have numbers to test these things, is killer's blade still worth despite ignoring armor pen and physical damage.

If numbers are needed for better calculations I can provide them.
Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• Ayrs
    Ayrs
    Im not really an expert on these things but.... Doesnt magic damage go through armor.....?
    REEEEEEE
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayrs wrote: »
    Im not really an expert on these things but.... Doesnt magic damage go through armor.....?

It doesn't go through spell resist thoug Since I have no spell resist penetration, anytime I use kb it's reduced by the full amount.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

• Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »
    Killer's blade is cheap, stamina based and scales to 300 percent. It's a great ability. My problem with it is that it deals magic damage. Between CP and my mace, I'm not sure how viable it is since the ability is neglecting my physical damage and armor pen bonuses. For you PC guys that actually have numbers to test these things, is killer's blade still worth despite ignoring armor pen and physical damage.

If numbers are needed for better calculations I can provide them.

I spent last night post the update on XBox running Killers in comparison to say Rapid Strikes which I'd usually be killing with up close.
    This is Pve btw.
    The stamina Killers costs me is on par with Rapid, as I'm now on 3 pieces of Endurance & two agility daggers - hence losing my stamina reduction jewelry, & in my stamblade, Rapid hits (granted takes a second longer) for higher damage even with the 300% boost active on Killers, which is of course utterly useless without the boost.

That being said, paired with Piercing Mark (so I can see those pesky IC gankers, I personally prefer Reapers away from IC) the added heal is useful, and for that alone, it'll stay on my bar in IC, but gets the arse out in the Pve world for Tornado against trash or Hunter v's Daedra.
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    For pve? Its your execute! You are silly if you dont use it.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »

If I can get more damage out of something else does it matter whether or not i's an execute? Steel tornado is an execute as well.

• Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »
    Reeko wrote: »

If I can get more damage out of something else does it matter whether or not i's an execute? Steel tornado is an execute as well.

That costs waaaay more and isnt as fast as kilers blade. Trust me, killers blade is your highest dps move at <25%hp. You dont even have to attack weave with it! Lol
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    And it heals
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It being magic damage doesn't mean it uses spell resistance. Skills that cost magicka use spell resist, and ones that cost stamina use physical resist.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    It being magic damage doesn't mean it uses spell resistance. Skills that cost magicka use spell resist, and ones that cost stamina use physical resist.

Correct. It even says it scales with your weapon dmg/max stamina
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVE (especially with boss fights), nothing beats Killers Blade for me (Stam nightblade). Executioner on 2H does better in lower health mobs and PVP for me. Problem with those is usually the enemy dies really quick once below 25% before you can get many hits in with it.

Bosses however, can take a bit to kill so from 25-0% you might get a few dozen hits.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The light armor shield will stop Killer's Blade
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Miwerton
    Miwerton
    ✭✭✭

Nope, it will use spell res and pen for the magic damage, true it will scale of max stamina and weap dam but not armor penetration, this is the reason why so many stamina users get lower damage out of most of theyre ultimates and other class abilities due to that most class abillities still scale of spell penetration, unless they do say phys dam (though biting jabs migth be half, since the extra dam from burning light will still scale of spell pen) if you want a quick test, use executioner vs killers blade, and executioner will win (in the current state it is in) since it will scale of armor pen, and not spell pen.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Executor tooltip says it hits 620 points hard then Killer's Blade plus the Armor pen of Piercing the heal does not out weigh the 600 point gap more with a crit hit.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword