The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VET Darkshade Caverns

revonine
revonine
✭✭✭✭
I didn't think the missing effects from channels and tether abilities effected the mechanic from the second boss here. Boy was I wrong. It takes that much longer to determine who is effected by this mechanic now. Thought I could pug this today as it's a relative easy one but that missing effect made it impossible xD
Edited by revonine on September 29, 2015 6:42PM
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hive Lord doesn't have any tether/beam effects iirc. Just a damage shield that you have to burn through before it wipes the group.

Maybe you're confusing it with Malubeth?
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    Dont recall any of that in Darkshade vet.
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or Fungal Grotto?
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my guess would be Vet Fungal.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry it was VET fungal. I dunno why but I always get those two mixed up :P
  • Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does make it harder, have to constantly keep an eye on the floor for the red circle to begin to appear and till away.not ideal.
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    We figured out a way to get through this , with a bit of adjustment of tactics.

The cast animation of the Misery spell (that has an invisibile beam connecting two characters and if not broken killing both) is very slow and can be dodged easily.

We always had one person watching the boss, and yelled dodge practically warning the rest to get ready to roll out of the projectile's way.
    Also, we spread out to the four corners of the room, to have distance between us, and to be more easy to increase the distance between the affected.
    Since the beam does not show, and we cant determine which direction to go, once someone yelled "I am hit", all the team members started dodging backwards to get away from everyone! :smiley:

With a few adjustments to tactics the boss can be done easily. It is annoying tho, not being able to see the beam of that spell.

EDIT: IMHO its more annoying to spot healers in the middle of a chaotic battle, since you cant see their beams neither.
    Edited by Winterpsy on September 30, 2015 8:35AM
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)