The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Puncturing Sweep/Biting Jabs Currently Bugged. Please Fix!

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

The Templar Skill Biting Jabs/Puncturing Sweeps is currently bugged and not doing the correct damage in PVP.

"Launch a relentless assault, striking enemies in front of you four times with your Aedric spear and dealing X Magic Damage with each strike.
The nearest enemy takes 140% additional damage and is knocked back on the last hit.
Also heals you for of damage done. "

The bug is:

When a Templar is hitting a Damage Shield, the Skill does not receive its 140% Bonus that should then be reduced to to 70%

As an example, if your Puncturing Sweeps does 800 tooltip damage, and you hit a player without a damage shield, the skill will do 400 damage + 70%(280) for a grand total of 680 damage before armor/spell resist mitigations.

When using Puncturing Sweeps against a damage shielded player such as Hardened Ward, Blazing Shield, etc, the Puncturing Sweep will only hit for 400 damage and does not receive its 140% damage increase - 50%, in other words, the 70% increase is not applying to attacks against damage shields at all. I noticed this the other night fighting multiple people with damage shields, CLS shows just a straight half of tooltip damage, but the bonus is applied if not hitting a damage shield. Its fairly simple to reproduce.

Can this please be looked into and possibly fixed, as this bug renders Puncturing Sweeps a core Templar ability absolutely useless against any damage shield. Thank you.
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• david31741
    david31741
    ✭✭
    I believe it has been this way for a while and one of the most annoying issues as a Magicka Templar - pvp is challenging enough as a magicka based class in pvp...
    Adrianne Avenicci - Warmaiden of Whiterun
    Inelukki - Bolting Frag Spammer
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it has to deal with Templars and it currently makes them weaker then its probably working as intended :trollface:
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an example, if your Puncturing Sweeps does 800 tooltip damage, and you hit a player without a damage shield, the skill will do 400 damage + 70%(280) for a grand total of 680 damage before armor/spell resist mitigations.

I wonder... 140% more damage.. do they mean *2.40 (140% extra damage) or *1.40 (as in 40% extra damage)

Also the cyro 50% debuff, shouldn't that be on the total value, as in 800*(1.40 or 2.40 - see above)*.50 (cyro debuff) .. else it would be counted double, no?

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True you would not double apply the damage reduction to both the base value and the damage modifier for the main target.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. That's what we need, more spam.
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Nooo, nobody touch this ability! :angry: It's one of the very few that are 'just right' please don't buff it, nerf it, fix it or rebalance it. Don't draw attention to this, it's my temps bread and butter, and I don't want it to undergo the sorc/DK treatment procedure.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • RinOkumara
    RinOkumara
    ✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

I wonder... 140% more damage.. do they mean *2.40 (140% extra damage) or *1.40 (as in 40% extra damage)

Also the cyro 50% debuff, shouldn't that be on the total value, as in 800*(1.40 or 2.40 - see above)*.50 (cyro debuff) .. else it would be counted double, no?

It means *2.40

• Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. And if not - you can heal.

Someone tag this comment as Z and mark your question as answered.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting need to test that
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Docmandu wrote: »

140% more damage which is damage*2.4
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Mulgorrah
    Mulgorrah
    ✭✭
    Puncturing Sweep is also graphically bugged after the Imperial DLC patch. Does anyone else experience this or is it literally just me? When I'm fighting multiple mobs and strafing around, my avatar glitches and slips its aiming way left or way right (as in 90 degrees), often missing where my cross-hair is and I've realized that it misses out on doing damage sometimes as well. Would love some other opinions on if anyone is experiencing this or not, thanks!
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    Yep. That's what we need, more spam.
    More shield spam?
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All this talk of spam makes me want to create a character named Loco Moco.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mulgorrah wrote: »
    Puncturing Sweep is also graphically bugged after the Imperial DLC patch. Does anyone else experience this or is it literally just me? When I'm fighting multiple mobs and strafing around, my avatar glitches and slips its aiming way left or way right (as in 90 degrees), often missing where my cross-hair is and I've realized that it misses out on doing damage sometimes as well. Would love some other opinions on if anyone is experiencing this or not, thanks!

I'm getting this too, are you using biting jabs or puncturing sweeps

As I've noticed it doesn't seem to happen with my stamplar using biting jabs.

But my magicka templar it seems to happen to alot, it also seems to cause freezing issues like this

Press puncturing sweeps.

Does 4 hits .

Cast again

First hit lands, then as if the spear is stuck it points in a random directipn, and the 3 remaining hits take nearly 2x as long to actually land.

Like instead of jab jab jab, it's jab....jab.....jab. then I have to wait for a second or two to be able to do anything.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact when I'm next on my ps4 I'll do some recording of the problems, since it's fairly easy to get footage
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On pc jabs and heals are the Templars staple,
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Mulgorrah
    Mulgorrah
    ✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    In fact when I'm next on my ps4 I'll do some recording of the problems, since it's fairly easy to get footage

Thank you! I'm on pc and I get the bug with my magicka templar. Some footage would definitely help as this is my main damage spell so I use it all the time whether its boring or not.

• Mulgorrah
    Mulgorrah
    ✭✭
    Btw I use puncuring sweep not biting jabs
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange that there is a topic about it just yet. It´s been like that since 1.6 hit (yeah back in march). I always thought templars would realize way faster than a sorc getting hit by jabs...
    Edited by Derra on October 8, 2015 8:12AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    A Templar Issue? Many of the Bugs that were reported already on the PTS 1.6?

Oh wait, Templars right, ZOS doesnt care.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

Seems like the bugged explode pet for sorcs. Or about anything that´s bugged and mainly a pvp issue. Just look at drinks in combination with CP/willows. Known bug since IC pts.
    If it´s gamebreaking for pve expect a fix.
    If it´s gamebreaking for pvp - well nobody pvps anyway so feck that we´ll pass it on to the next unpaid intern.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just /bug report it. nobody reads threads in this forum unless you start offending people.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Derra wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »

Seems like the bugged explode pet for sorcs. Or about anything that´s bugged and mainly a pvp issue. Just look at drinks in combination with CP/willows. Known bug since IC pts.
    If it´s gamebreaking for pve expect a fix.
    If it´s gamebreaking for pvp - well nobody pvps anyway so feck that we´ll pass it on to the next unpaid intern.

I think most skillchanges that were made in the past were due to PvP.
    But I guess PvE thinks stuff changes bc of PvP and vice versa xD.

In the end we all know ZOS has no clue what they are doing.
    I thought that Food/Drinks not being affected by other % increase stuff was "intended" ZOS never gave a statement if its working as intended or bugged?

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a majority of templars use the stamina morph biting jabs, of which doesn't seem to be an issue. Using biting jabs on my stamplar seems fine, it's just puncturing sweeps, which leads me to belive there's a very slight animation change or visual which is causing the bug

I'll have some footage by the weekend hopefully and submit a ticket plus post on here.
  • Corzz
    Corzz
    ✭✭✭
    yep i've noticed this too
    DC

EU PC

Astrum
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Lets make bets how long it takes till the defs take care of this Bug.
    As its a templar skill maybe 1 month, 6 month, 1 year? Never?
  • Mulgorrah
    Mulgorrah
    ✭✭
    Agreed, I had a Dev respond a while back...but I've been reading the patch notes and it hasn't gotten anywhere. I even posted screenshots and submitted multiple bug reports. Oblivion.
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pkb16_ESO2 wrote: »
    Lets make bets how long it takes till the defs take care of this Bug.
    As its a templar skill maybe 1 month, 6 month, 1 year? Never?

It will be fixed same time as all other templar bugs- never. Better question is which of abilities will be ninja nerfed with Orsinium update!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've taken some recordings on my ps4 just after it happened, I know how to edit them down but how would one link it to be see on here by someone like gina or rich, i.e someone that might actually take notice.

Got footage of both the jabs freaking out and going in all directions, and some clips of the actual jabs slowing down dramatically and not hitting anything.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB completely overhauled shield bubble mechanics
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta