The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Post Update: Werewolf or Vampire?

Imabklyngirl
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if I could get some advice on my first character's choice to becoming a vampire or werewolf.

I am currently a Vet 3 Dunmer Pyromage DK DPS. All my attribute points are in Magicka and a few in health for survivability. Werewolves seem like an awesome tanky choice, but I know that a lot of werewolf abilities are stamina based and during battle sometimes I barely have enough stamina to 'break free' from the undead and the like. As for vampires I was told you have to constantly feed to be in the highest stage 4, and they are extremely vulnerable to fire damage. In the case of fire resistance I know that Dunmer is one of the best races to go with, but then there are champion points which are also important to evenly distribute to make a great vampire. So I was wondering if I want to be a vampire what is the best way to distribute my champion points? Should I wait to be vampire until I level up more? Or should I be a werewolf and what can I do then to maximize that experience?

Thanks for the help!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the Vampire passives for walking fast while sneaking and damage mitigation below 50% health. I also keep bats in my support bar so i switch to that when everything calms and need faster magic and stamina regen
  • Singularapathy
    Vampire is the way to go. I actually never feed, because I like the fact that-- at the highest stage-- the reduction of the abilities is so low. The biggest thing to me is that I can actually use the ultimate (Bat Swarm) on my bar, because in the case of either the vampires or werewolves you only get the passives if you have an ability slotted.

With the vampires' fire vulnerability being reduced to 25% extra (and with that being mitigated easily through enchants or CPs) and the benefits of 10% magicka and stamina regen along with the tankiness, it's hard to recommend werewolf.
  • Imabklyngirl
    Thank you guys I think I was leaning more towards vampirism as well!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.