The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

stamblades with infinite roll/cloak/heal

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The situation a few have pointed out where a NB is able to perma- cloak/roll/heal does exist (not any one skill used consecutively, but a rotation of the three). But only if the NBs target is a practice dummy (PVE player?). In reality the NB is stunned, pulled from stealth, and AOE'd through dodge rolls as quickly as each mechanic is executed, effectively nullifying the modified "infinite-ness" some have pointed out.

The situation, if it does exist, is simply an illustration of a perfectly executed playstlye. Any good playstyle executed to perfection will result in the death of an opponent and is not evidence of an OP class/skill/build.
    Edited by kadar on October 1, 2015 4:35AM
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    The situation a few have pointed out where a NB is able to perma- cloak/roll/heal does exist (not any one skill used consecutively, but a rotation of the three). But only if the NBs target is a practice dummy (PVE player?). In reality the NB is stunned, pulled from stealth, and AOE'd through dodge rolls as quickly as each mechanic is executed, effectively nullifying the modified "infinite-ness" some have pointed out.

The situation, if it does exist, is simply an illustration of a perfectly executed playstlye. Any good playstyle executed to perfection will result in the death of an opponent and is not evidence of an OP class/skill/build.

Thank you for summing this up so well! :)
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    discuss

No matter your regen about now you will run out of stamina and magicka (and soon thereafter health) as a stamina nightblade.

Now the real issue is magicka users not running out of magiicka, because that's real.

• zatohonour
    zatohonour
    ✭✭
    Well,i can do infinite cloaks/dodge rolls if there are a lot of enemies running over my caltrops with siphoning up :P
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    stamblades with infinite roll/cloak/heal
    don't exists ...
    shades.gif

You would all do well to listen when Xylena has something to say. She has more time played and time invested than most.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks @Darnathian for the support
    In reality the NB is stunned, pulled from stealth, and AOE'd through dodge rolls as quickly as each mechanic is executed, effectively nullifying the modified "infinite-ness" some have pointed out.

The situation, if it does exist, is simply an illustration of a perfectly executed playstlye.

having mostly played NB the past two months, i'm well aware of this... magblade resources deplete quickly when focused with CC, while stamblades can break free, roll 5-6 times, cloak 3-4 times with momentum and vigor bringing them back to full health, go BOO and spam surprise attack or wrecking blow (which will easily and crudely out-dps and out-burst any creative rotations or combos you can think of)... and repeat this rotation pretty much endlessly... NB should be a deep and complex class, not something you faceroll not even a full bar worth of abilities

nerf surprise attack, but BUFF killers blade and power extraction

the only cloak "nerf" should be that activating ANY self healing ability de-cloaks you (right now some abilities do, others like rally and vigor don't)
    Edited by xylena on October 3, 2015 3:05PM
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel the only buff Power Extraction needs is that it should scale with Mighty. It's silly that it doesn't.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zatohonour wrote: »
    Well,i can do infinite cloaks/dodge rolls if there are a lot of enemies running over my caltrops with siphoning up :P

Not sure if troll, this isn't a thing anymore.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

Actually it is, caltrops procs siphoning attacks. Siphoning attacks has no melee requirement unlike Ravager set. The change stopped caltrops counting as a melee attack.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    revonine wrote: »

Actually it is, caltrops procs siphoning attacks. Siphoning attacks has no melee requirement unlike Ravager set. The change stopped caltrops counting as a melee attack.

That's unfortunate.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No offence but i would much rather have dodge roll back. It wasn't that bad. Now that damage reduction is so huge, stamina blade's can't burst you down and roll roll roll and burst someone else down quickly.

That's unfortunate.

Just to clarify, caltrop's only has a chance to proc the 10% chance, which proc's frequently with many people are in the radius. Before caltrop's proc's every second regardless since it was considered a melee attack which no longer happen's.

In a 1v3 or less situation the return's are hardly there and you better hope you have decent regen outside of that combo.

It's great when your rolling with a small group though. Solo play is not that good with it.
    PS4 NA DC
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kVq64E7.jpg?2
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    kVq64E7.jpg?2

Awesome that surprise attack hit harder than both those ultimates xD
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yonkit wrote: »
    @xylena Stamblades, no ever had an issue, this patch nor last patch, this patch however, Stam Dks with vigor and rally lol... They don't even need to roll because buffed with igneous rally + vigor = 4k heals a second noncrit, and that's on a build with a pitiful 3k weap dmg and 27k stamina.

The damage stamblades can do is a little high but I've noticed their quite squishy, as emp I just ran radiant magelight and killed them in 6-7s but that's as emp, haven't run into any solo yet but that's because solo play is dead and I'm always grouped :confused:

FYI, this is coming from my altar ego.

I aberage about 4200-4500 weapon damage but i don't see 4k ticks a sec even with rally+vigor+igneous since the healing reduction. Maybe im missing something? Or did you mean in PvE land? Cause i do everything i can to avoid that mythical place.

DK SCRUB OUT
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kVq64E7.jpg?2

Awesome that surprise attack hit harder than both those ultimates xD

That ultimate must been the dot tic, or blocked or migated somehow. Or someone with really bad stats. Meteor hits harder than any of my skills even as stamina build. xD
    EU | PC
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can't see how a cheap spammable move could be intended to be doing 6-7k dmg a shot in pvp, every other spammable direct dps is lucky to be hitting 4-5k, you can see in the image how it compares to concealed wep (on a magblade that i know is a strong player) and that snipe... the stamblade that hit me did not have the death stroke buff or empower, and was not in stealth (spamming it at me as i was chased by a group of reds)... and i'm pretty sure that meteor was the impact damage, probably blocked (which means unblocked it would be... about the same as SA, for the low low cost of 200 ulti), the others were definitely not blocked

maybe the bigger problem is CP allowing me to spec heavily into mitigating magic and elemental dmg, but not against physical dmg, to the point where your basic spam attack is doing more dmg than ultimates
    Edited by xylena on October 4, 2015 2:37AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can't see how a cheap spammable move could be intended to be doing 6-7k dmg a shot in pvp, every other spammable direct dps is lucky to be hitting 4-5k, you can see in the image how it compares to concealed wep...

... from a different player. I can build a magicka NB for low damage but high sustain, and i can build a stamina NB with no sustain but maxed out damage. You bet the latter will hit a lot harder (but run out of steam a few seconds into the fight).

There are lots of variables that the picture does not show/take into account.
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks @Darnathian for the support
    In reality the NB is stunned, pulled from stealth, and AOE'd through dodge rolls as quickly as each mechanic is executed, effectively nullifying the modified "infinite-ness" some have pointed out.

The situation, if it does exist, is simply an illustration of a perfectly executed playstlye.

having mostly played NB the past two months, i'm well aware of this... magblade resources deplete quickly when focused with CC, while stamblades can break free, roll 5-6 times, cloak 3-4 times with momentum and vigor bringing them back to full health, go BOO and spam surprise attack or wrecking blow (which will easily and crudely out-dps and out-burst any creative rotations or combos you can think of)... and repeat this rotation pretty much endlessly... NB should be a deep and complex class, not something you faceroll not even a full bar worth of abilities

nerf surprise attack, but BUFF killers blade and power extraction

the only cloak "nerf" should be that activating ANY self healing ability de-cloaks you (right now some abilities do, others like rally and vigor don't)

THIS.
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can't see how a cheap spammable move could be intended to be doing 6-7k dmg a shot in pvp, every other spammable direct dps is lucky to be hitting 4-5k, you can see in the image how it compares to concealed wep (on a magblade that i know is a strong player) and that snipe... the stamblade that hit me did not have the death stroke buff or empower, and was not in stealth (spamming it at me as i was chased by a group of reds)... and i'm pretty sure that meteor was the impact damage, probably blocked (which means unblocked it would be... about the same as SA, for the low low cost of 200 ulti), the others were definitely not blocked

maybe the bigger problem is CP allowing me to spec heavily into mitigating magic and elemental dmg, but not against physical dmg, to the point where your basic spam attack is doing more dmg than ultimates

AND THIS.
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Play Albion Online
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about someone post a picture of something meaningful? k/d ratio, killing blow stats etc by the addon kill counter. lets get some real***** demographics going. i want to see real evidence a class is OP
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    How about someone post a picture of something meaningful? k/d ratio, killing blow stats etc by the addon kill counter. lets get some real***** demographics going. i want to see real evidence a class is OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlNIVXpIns
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Play Albion Online
  • Yonkit
    Yonkit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    Yonkit wrote: »
    @xylena Stamblades, no ever had an issue, this patch nor last patch, this patch however, Stam Dks with vigor and rally lol... They don't even need to roll because buffed with igneous rally + vigor = 4k heals a second noncrit, and that's on a build with a pitiful 3k weap dmg and 27k stamina.

The damage stamblades can do is a little high but I've noticed their quite squishy, as emp I just ran radiant magelight and killed them in 6-7s but that's as emp, haven't run into any solo yet but that's because solo play is dead and I'm always grouped :confused:

FYI, this is coming from my altar ego.

I aberage about 4200-4500 weapon damage but i don't see 4k ticks a sec even with rally+vigor+igneous since the healing reduction. Maybe im missing something? Or did you mean in PvE land? Cause i do everything i can to avoid that mythical place.

DK SCRUB OUT

Rally = 1k, Vigor = 3k Buffed with igneous, AKA 4k a second. L2ChampionPointsScrub <3
    Has an Alter Ego in the form of a very large quadrupedal black & white Bear.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the players in the death recap are all skilled fighters/builders that i've been going up against for a long time, it was actually a pretty fun/memorable fight

the picture is simply another piece of evidence that one particular cheap spam dps (surprise attack) is so much stronger than other abilities that it reduces optimal stamblade play to a 1-button faceroll

look at all the QQ on here, players really hate cheesy mechanics whether it's OP dps like wrecking blow, or OP defense like shield stacks... i'm just trying to point all the nightblade QQ towards what's actually OP, so we don't end up with a cloak nerf that sends magblade the way of 2.1 magicka dks
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the picture is simply another piece of evidence that one particular cheap spam dps (surprise attack) is so much stronger than other abilities

You can not take a picture showing damage from two different players and compare it without knowing what builds those players use.

If one of them is a sustain build, and the other a burst build, the latter will have higher damage on such a picture regardless of whether he is stamina-based or magicka-based.

Unless you know what builds the players on the picture use, the picture is worthless as evidence.
    (And that's not even taking other variables into account, like what if the concealed weapon did not crit, but the surprise attack did, etc.)

[edit] just look at this picture, it is the same ability used by four different people, yet the 4th is totally out of scale:

i4ScXqR.jpg
    Edited by Sharee on October 4, 2015 5:12PM
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades with inf cloak and heal? Wat?

You do know cloak goes off magicka right?

More like Sorcs with infinite Streak catching Stamblades 24/7 cuz teleport across the map>having to crouch walk away.
    Edited by LBxFinalDeath on October 4, 2015 5:11PM
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharee i've mentioned several times that i'm quite familiar with those opponents, having fought both alongside and against them for over a year
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharee i've mentioned several times that i'm quite familiar with those opponents, having fought both alongside and against them for over a year

That is irrelevant. Even if they are the best players in the world, their damage will still depend on their builds(and a million of other factors)

Just look at the picture i posted. The damage various players do can vary wildly, even using the same ability.
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the amount of data necessary to "prove" my point simply isn't available, so you just gotta trust me (or don't)... i enjoy ESO a lot and would like to see combat balance continue to improve... so if people out there are gonna QQ about nightblades, at least QQ about the root causes of why people are rage-quitting over NBs (spoiler, it's not cloaking magblades)

(1) surprise attack is faceroll dps

(2) stamblades can heal while cloaked and do not have to invest in resource management much at all
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the amount of data necessary to "prove" my point simply isn't available, so you just gotta trust me (or don't)... i enjoy ESO a lot and would like to see combat balance continue to improve... so if people out there are gonna QQ about nightblades, at least QQ about the root causes of why people are rage-quitting over NBs (spoiler, it's not cloaking magblades)

(1) surprise attack is faceroll dps

(2) stamblades can heal while cloaked and do not have to invest in resource management much at all

Surprise attack is only faceroll DPS if the stamina NB is built for burst while having no sustain, which means he will successfully gank a newbie who doesn't know how to react, but fail miserably against an opponent who survives the alpha strike and starts fighting back.

Surprise attack on a stamina NB who is built for sustain hits for about half as much as the one on your screenshot(i know, i have one)

Stamblades can heal while cloaked, theoretically. They can cloak(which lasts 2.8 seconds), then cast vigor(which takes 5 seconds to run). That means they have to spam cloak multiple times to stay cloaked while healing themselves with vigor. They cannot afford to spam cloak tho. So this is a moot point. Any situation a stam NB can successfully stay cloaked for an extended period of time, a magicka NB can cloak, hightail it around a corner, drop 3x illustrous healing, and be back in fight before the stam NB got his HP back to half.

My magicka nightblade's selfhealing is on a completely different level compared to my stamina nightblade. Swallow soul stacks with illustrous healing stacks with structured entropy stacks with sap essence. And illustrous can be stacked with itself as many times as you want, unlike vigor. Good luck killing that. And i'm not even using healing ward.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No offence but i would much rather have dodge roll back. It wasn't that bad. Now that damage reduction is so huge, stamina blade's can't burst you down and roll roll roll and burst someone else down quickly.

That's unfortunate.

Just to clarify, caltrop's only has a chance to proc the 10% chance, which proc's frequently with many people are in the radius. Before caltrop's proc's every second regardless since it was considered a melee attack which no longer happen's.

In a 1v3 or less situation the return's are hardly there and you better hope you have decent regen outside of that combo.

It's great when your rolling with a small group though. Solo play is not that good with it.

I just tested Siphoning Strikes and Caltrops for myself, you're right that it's not proccing as much as it did before.
    The Age of Wrobel.