The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it better to put more champion points in magician or arcanist?

Carelxss
Carelxss
Right now i go for 6 percent in reduced cost and then dump the rest in recovery is it better to go for at least 8 percent? or is there a better way to do it
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uh I guess it really boils down to play style. Some players say reduction is better and yea it is but some say recovery is just as important. Just go with what your guts telling ya.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always go reduction over regen.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have maxed out Cost reduction first. I feel like Arcanist has no impact at all, because I don't have a single regen stat on my armor.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Carelxss
    Carelxss
    Someone told me that putting a lot in reduction has diminishing returns but i think I'm gonna try and do a 60/40 split between them
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have 0 recovery bonuses from gear or on jewellery, like most PvE dps builds, I would focus mainly on cost reduction/magician.

But in PvP you need recovery desperately, or you're going to sit on 0 resources after fighting a pack of NPC's, than get jumped by a NB(always) and cant do anything but die, because oom and magicka wont get back up. Don't know how many times this happened to me so far...like every single time I go for IC quests on a PvE geared alt lol :cry:

When you do have a decent base recovery from things like mundus, passives, gear bonus or jewellery, than arcanist is a strong sign to put points in. Of course depends on how much CP you got, but I would split. Get roughly a "free Seducer" to start with from magician, than put points in arcanist.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cost reduction trumps regen hands down in any situation where you are spamming spells.

So thats basically all DPS & Healer builds.

For tanks Regen comes into play more as they are spending a bit more time where they aren't constantly casting and the regen then comes into play more.

Also worth pointing out that @Dracane made a very good point there..... if your regen is fairly low to start with then the champion point passive is only increasing it by a percentage rather than a fixed value. SO a low percentage of a low starting figure is.... low.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Carelxss
    Carelxss
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Cost reduction trumps regen hands down in any situation where you are spamming spells.

So thats basically all DPS & Healer builds.

For tanks Regen comes into play more as they are spending a bit more time where they aren't constantly casting and the regen then comes into play more.

Also worth pointing out that @Dracane made a very good point there..... if your regen is fairly low to start with then the champion point passive is only increasing it by a percentage rather than a fixed value. SO a low percentage of a low starting figure is.... low.
    So with 250 champ points how many would you put in reduce cost?