Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thief Mundus or Apprentice for Magicka Dk and Magicka Sorc?

Carelxss
Carelxss
I just want to know which is better for each class I'm currently running apprentice on both but I'm not sure which is better because on console you can't test the numbers.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never run thief, you can get to 50% crit without it.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Depends on your setup.... as a Sorc if I want 50% crit without the thief then I have to sacrifice something thats not worth sacrificing EG Nirnhoned weapons. Generally most Sorc DPS builds will not be over 50% at the minute as they will be stacking spell power everywhere instead.

I've seen some very interesting maths done on this in other posts which show the absolute optimum setup...

The TL:DR version is this:
    • If your crit is lower than 50% then use the thief to boost your crit.
    • If your crit is above 50% then go with the shadow to increase your crit damage

The apprentice is no longer the best setup.... they didn't add enough spell damage to it. Conversely they buffed the hell out of the thief. It went up from 5% crit to 12%. If you then add in a full set of yellow gear with divines then this goes up to over 18% extra crit!!!!!!!
    Edited by Flaminir on September 29, 2015 2:50PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Carelxss
    Carelxss
    Flaminir wrote: »

Depends on your setup.... as a Sorc if I want 50% crit without the thief then I have to sacrifice something thats not worth sacrificing EG Nirnhoned weapons. Generally most Sorc DPS builds will not be over 50% at the minute as they will be stacking spell power everywhere instead.

I've seen some very interesting maths done on this in other posts which show the absolute optimum setup...

The TL:DR version is this:
    • If your crit is lower than 50% then use the thief to boost your crit.
    • If your crit is above 50% then go with the shadow to increase your crit damage

The apprentice is no longer the best setup.... they didn't add enough spell damage to it. Conversely they buffed the hell out of the thief. It went up from 5% crit to 12%. If you then add in a full set of yellow gear with divines then this goes up to over 18% extra crit!!!!!!!
    Okay thanks man I'm gonna run the thief