The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Companions and the Guilds (spoilers)

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
OK, so I got the guilds waiting for me to take the portal and lead them into Cold Harbour.

Only problem, I still had to go and talk to Varen and the others. So, I did that, we're now 5 companions and all is good. So, now the only thing I can do is go back to Mournhold and take the portal back to the island and lead the guilds into Cold Harbour.

Seems there's an issue here because I'm going to have to fight Molag B with the companions (and use the amulet at some point) and the guilds. Or, am I not understanding this correctly.

Or go down with the guilds, attack Molag B, and then what. I guess what I'm looking for is, what is the sequence of events?

Thanks for any help.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During "Council of the Five Companions", Abnur Tharn said this:
    Molag Bal remains a threat and Tamriel is still in grave danger.
    First, the Planemeld must be stopped. Even now, forces gather and plan an assault on Oblivion itself. You must join them.
    Then, and only then, can you take the fight to Molag Bal himself—to restore protection to Nirn and reclaim your soul.

Later on, Varen said this:
    As Tharn has said, there are already plans in motion to infiltrate Coldharbour. You must be a part of them. The chains that anchor us to Oblivion draw us ever closer. They must be severed, once and for all.
    When the Planemeld has been thwarted and the dust has settled, the Five Companions shall gather one last time, to face our destinies.

They are basically saying here that you need to lead the Guilds into Coldharbour and end the Planemeld first, and once that is done, you will join with the Five Companions to fight Molag Bal.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, appreciate the help.