The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wykkyd Outfitter vs Dressing Room

GreyRanger
GreyRanger
✭✭✭
I have been using the Wykkyd macros and Outfitter for a while. I saw the new Addon that adds this same functionality all in one (Dressing Room). Also the addon UI looks simpler. Has anyone used both and is in a place to comment which is easier to use/more helpful.
Thanks.
  • SinfulSoul
    SinfulSoul
    ✭✭✭
    I used Outfitter for the longest time, then a few months ago I switched to Dressing Room and never looked back. It looks nicer plus it saved both gear and abilities at the same time.

I tried others too, but Dressing Room is hands down the best one. Outfitter works just great, don't get me wrong, but Dressing Room has that eye candy going for it along with its amazing functionality.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does dressing room cause the "sending too many messages" filter to activate like Outfitter does?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • SinfulSoul
    SinfulSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Does dressing room cause the "sending too many messages" filter to activate like Outfitter does?

Been using it for months and never had that happened.
  • AkeGamer
    AkeGamer
    ✭✭
    I've gotten the server msg spam msg from Outfitter since IC launch. Thanks for this post as due to it, I tried Dressing Room and it blows Outfitter away, Easier to use. Nicer interface. 1 click to change gear and skills.
  • GoKart.Mozart
    GoKart.Mozart
    Soul Shriven
    How do you save your gear and spells in Dressingroom? I have it showing when I open my skills or equipment but I do not see any way to save anything.
  • AkeGamer
    AkeGamer
    ✭✭
    There are 8 sets.

Each set allows you to name the set and to the right is an icon. If you hover over the icon it will provide the keystrokes to switch or save. I believe Shift-Click on that set Icon will save your current gear. Similiarly there is a sword like icon to the right of each Skill Bar. If you Shift-Click on the sword icon, your current Skill Bar will be saved. Two bars are provided per set.

In the lower left corner of each set is a box with words in it "Set 1", "Set 2", etc. If you click on that then you switch to both the gear and Skill Bars for that set.

Hope that helps.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alpha tools was the best, theres an updated version in minion, but it does send the too many messages thing.
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

Dressing room can actually cause that error. It's still much better than outfitter. The visual interface can actually be expanded to hold up to 16 skill/gear combos. The hotkeys work really well too, and it switches everything instantly rather than the sequence of changes with outfitter (still have to bar swap though).
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AkeGamer wrote: »
    There are 8 sets.

Each set allows you to name the set and to the right is an icon. If you hover over the icon it will provide the keystrokes to switch or save. I believe Shift-Click on that set Icon will save your current gear. Similiarly there is a sword like icon to the right of each Skill Bar. If you Shift-Click on the sword icon, your current Skill Bar will be saved. Two bars are provided per set.

In the lower left corner of each set is a box with words in it "Set 1", "Set 2", etc. If you click on that then you switch to both the gear and Skill Bars for that set.

Hope that helps.

also you can customise how many sets "rows/columns" on the settings as well, so you can get more than 8 :)
    Edited by Qyrk on October 15, 2015 12:28AM
  • AkeGamer
    AkeGamer
    ✭✭
    You know you are a build junky when you have to expand beyond 8 sets. This guy is guilty. I'm up to 12 now and moving to 16 this weekend to try out a few more builds.