Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why should anybody now buy the IC DLC?

Silverminken
Silverminken
✭✭
another fine descision by ZOS, punish all the players who DO NOT buy the extension... because if they want to PvP, they need to hop servers like crazy to find a good campaign, and still all those who has access to the DLC who just stays inside IC impacts negatively on those players.

So why would anybody pay for the DLC? Getting stuff that is gated for ridiculous farming and terrible drop rates?

Why does IC population counts for the whole campaign population, when there is virtually NO DOWNSIDE whatsoever in how the campaign goes? What is the incentive to defend the campaign? When you just can stay in your cozy IC and farming stuffs, all night long?

Why even allow them to restart in IC when the map is totally lost? They should get kicked out of IC! and have reduced XP gains etc, etc.
Lock them out of entering the vaults, crafting stations etc etc, why should they have access to these things if they do not care about the campaign?
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players who do not buy DLCs are obviously freeloaders no profit seeking company should care about.
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    Players who do not buy DLCs are obviously freeloaders no profit seeking company should care about.

That is completely inaccurate.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    13igTyme wrote: »
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

That is completely inaccurate.

I think I detected sarcasm in Jamila's post. Then again, I can't tell if your reply is also sarcastic.
    Edited by AudioVortex on September 28, 2015 1:35PM
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now, Imperial City is new. It is yet to be seen whether Cyrodiil style play will recover, but I expect it will if they can keep a balanced campaign with keep limits. In the open access campaigns, I see little reason to play keep warfare. Where it exists, it will be more of a hobby.

They will undoubtedly have to make changes to Imperial City, hopefully addressing respawn issues that they already solved in Cyrodiil. They may have to make changes in Cyrodiil to make it more attractive.

As for why to purchase, it is the only place in the game with meaningful mixed mode (PVP and PVE) play. In all other places, the modes are too separated. That is not to say that they shouldn't keep working to improve the balance between PVP and PVE. I still think that the 80% penalty is too steep for the PVE side.
    Edited by Elsonso on September 28, 2015 1:32PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    If you want vr 16 protency runestone you pretty much have to farm tv stones and buy them cause framing in Wrothgar in almost near impossible.
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    IC is trash anyway. Who wants to pvp in a dungeon?
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    I leveled my second char in IC while soloing all the mobs in there from vr 1 on and got loads of mats to decon, about 80.000 tv stones and it took me only a few days

the only problem was i got killed a few times by a murdering ep sorc but i asked him nicely to leave me alone after a few times.

So it is good for leveling if you cant be bothered to do caldwell's silver zone to unlock gold.

but there is CWC as well i guess, if you dont care about tv stones or mats.
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.