The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fear still broken!

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
The persisting issues with this abilities still linger.

Sometimes you simply cannot break it, and other times, your character becomes completely unresponsive for up to a good second before you can break it or the fear animation starts to execute.

That's some serious time to do some DPS when your opponent is not able to retaliate or react.

Trying to get back in game here, and it is really dismaying to see so many mechanical bugs and glitches are still around when they have been reported over and over again since patch 1.6 or even 1.5.

Will they ever be addressed?
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Hydrocodone
    Hydrocodone
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is and with the Cloak spam fighting even a neophyte NB who has a FOTM build is BS.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say that Fear is the only skill that has these kinds of problems. I don't know if you have encountered people who shield charge and root you, but that is a lot of the times impossible to break free from, since for some reason knockback + root is broken like that, this is also a problem that has been in the game since launch and has been reported many many times over and still has not been fixed.

I think whichever class you fight, you will always find something that you are having trouble with. But this is the first time in a very long while that Magicka Nightblade is really viable again, and to be honest all their moves are quite easy to counter if you know how to, though I will say that Fear needs to be changed. It should have a bigger radius, but to balance this buff they should make it similar to all the other unblockable CCs in the sense that damage will break it. If you have played a nightblade and have a constantly high ping you will know that it is very hard to even hit people with Fear unless you are literally right on top of them.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    and how exactly are you dying to a magic NB???

is cloak spam killing you? :blush:
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol just as I said, when cloak gets nerfed they'll jump onto fear.

This is an issue with CC break, NOT just fear.

Happens with Petrify, wreckingblow, leap, crystal fragments.

:disappointed:
    EU | PC
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and how exactly are you dying to a magic NB???

is cloak spam killing you? :blush:

No but fear spam is.

fear > cloak
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Hydrocodone
    Hydrocodone
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes it is.