The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best overall PVP and PVE class (26/09/2015)

LegionGemini
Initially I thought that magicka NB would be decent as an all rounder by healing/dps in dungeons and then being good at 1v1 for pvp and having the potential to fight 1vX by cloaking and re-engaging, but after I read about the potential nerf to the magicka regen whilst cloak its really put me off playing.
I have all my other character slots full with stam/mag versions of each class but I really don't know which the best class for both PVP and PVE would be.
I'm leaning towards Stamina DK since they seem to have good survivability, dps, cc but the only real downside is mobility. Whilst Stamina Sorcerers have mobility and dps but I feel like they dont get the same sort of clutch healing that DKs do with Battle Roar and Igneous Shields.
Edited by LegionGemini on September 26, 2015 4:38PM

Best overall PVP and PVE class (26/09/2015) 94 votes

Magicka NB
23%
Forestd16b14_ESOSirJackTheValiantwafcatb14_ESOMawhonic1990themdogesbitejuha.smedsneb18_ESOGilGaladDraxysSanktrordoggGarionnothing2591IsbilenArchmage1Derraisekoandy_sHyssiaScyantificpsychojudge 22 votes
Stam NB
12%
sun.fire85b14_ESOSRIBESshockjockeyInsurrektionTomatoUncle_VoodooTrutalek CtrlAltDltProdigy1971Wollustlordmuro123Scottysix 12 votes
Magicka Templar
12%
Lightspeedflashb14_ESOstarwarsman117Tavore1138KatinasYonkitEarendal BigToneSneaKbigereardVictorGaldiBassSparxdereck_phantom 12 votes
Stamina Templar
5%
KupokingchongguangCelas_DranaceaArvenAldmeriSlow Roastin 5 votes
Magicka Dragonknight
8%
TheBullbaddabumb16_ESOmabiron92xANTIxMATTERxFfastylPersonofsecretsZebo7Karldor 8 votes
Stamina Dragonknight
3%
Velvet_KevorkianarturblchStrider_Roshin 3 votes
Magicka Sorcerer
26%
sabresandiego_ESOGilvothkadarArmitasrevcasyRhakonCyrdemaceb17_ESOimasnowchainub17_ESOxarguideb17_ESOChefZeroOrchishtplink3r1Thelonleem1988The_Death_PrincessDevotionAtzelEnOeZFirerock2SleepyTroll 25 votes
Stamina Sorcer
2%
AhzekAceTheDazed 2 votes
Other
5%
SorisLythosGreenSoup2HoTThe-BaconatorWonderWeasle 5 votes
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Best well round is sorcerer in my opinion. I find the survivability is higher, healing is better, damage is decent, and control is high.

In PvP resource management is key, sorcs have great resource management abilities. I personally find DK to always run out of stamina against me (due to CCs) I do not believe they have really any resource abilities (that I have noted)

I have seen and have done soloing all dungeons with a sorc, so PvE is fine (typically any class can PvE really well)

Comparable is the NB to me. Also great resource management , but has unmatched battle management abilities (in pvp)

Both can run tank, healer, or dps role.

Temps and DKs... temps can be freaking amazing but I've noticed only when paired with one or more players. DKs, i just never have seen them do anything amazing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    One soloed the last boss in hard mode white gold tower, with a pet build.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer

Now that's what I'm talkin about! Way to represent :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcer
    Stam Sorc kills everything !
    :*
    Jo'Khaljor
  • LegionGemini

Sounds pretty cool is there a video anywhere?
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka NB
    How is there any other votes that aren't for magical NB?
  • Slow Roastin
    Stamina Templar
    You can play any class well if you know what you're doing!

That being said..... Stamplar for life.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I would like to say other people all classes are trash now. 1.7 is trash.

Some classes have an easier time then others (temp/dk's) but sorc's and nb's have it rough.

I'm really thinking about taking a much needed long break. 1.7 was almost ridiculous with the mechanic change's. You would never see this in other MMO's. Why cover everything with a blanket change when you could of just tweaked what was abused.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB

Delusional Nightblades
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    I would like to say other people all classes are trash now. 1.7 is trash.

Some classes have an easier time then others (temp/dk's) but sorc's and nb's have it rough.

I'm really thinking about taking a much needed long break. 1.7 was almost ridiculous with the mechanic change's. You would never see this in other MMO's. Why cover everything with a blanket change when you could of just tweaked what was abused.

Why you think sorcerer and NB are having hard time right now ?
    I think stamina sorcerer is becoming a new meta , though they are hard to master.
    NBs are also decent ,but gears to bring them back are expensive i 'd say about that.

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    @chongguang Stam sorc is the new zerg meta. Not 1vX.

Sorc's have to deal with shield breaker and nb's need to relie on cloak(which is easily countered) instead of roll dodge.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB

I don´t know really. I mean - I´ve been playing a sorc since release. Magica NB is just so much more versatile. I´m avaraging ~19k DPS while sucking at medium fire staff attacks and have passives healing of ~5k on the grp. How could you play anything else than NB in pve.

Sorc is just 1000 Ultimate poweroverload and pray anything is in execute range when you´re running out of ultimate.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    @chongguang Stam sorc is the new zerg meta. Not 1vX.

Sorc's have to deal with shield breaker and nb's need to relie on cloak(which is easily countered) instead of roll dodge.

This...so another question brought out that 1vx requires high mobility , sorcerer and NB all meet this requirement. While dk and temp lacks this , why would you think they are better at 1vx than sorcerer and nb ?

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvP resource management is key, sorcs have great resource management abilities. I personally find DK to always run out of stamina against me (due to CCs) I do not believe they have really any resource abilities (that I have noted)

And this is why player polls are entirely useless.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    People voting sorc for both pvp and pve are apparently pvp players only. Especially first comment is so completely wrong. The only thing sorc in pve has is the survivability. Sorc in pve is the worst dps of all classes (at least magicka one), its horrible healing (god, do you realize people sorc dont have healing abilities and surge heal is just pathetic? The other classes are all better for a healer than a sorc) and its not really good for long run tanking. The first comment just does not know anything about pve, thats it, so please, avoid commenting the pve part (that you saw sorc soloing something on a video does not make him the best class, I saw NB soloing DSA, and?)
    Sorc in pvp is just fine but its for sure not the best (magicka and stamina NB is in the charge - dark cloak spam is really effective if you dont have efficient aoe).

Ps: Voted stamina templar because he has from what I remember the best dps, he can heal and tank and I am getting my ass kicked by him in pvp since the CC on puncturing sweep is bugged as hell (CCed over and over again or CCed with CC immunity... normal I guess...)
    Edited by ArvenAldmeri on September 27, 2015 2:37PM
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Sweeper bosses.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • LegionGemini
    Interesting to see all the people voting for NB I genuinely thought people would be put off by the potential nerf.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Why is magicka DK far over Stam DK right now?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Sweeper bosses.

This..beyond a doubt.

Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)