Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting XP Gains

Sunburnt_Penguin
Sunburnt_Penguin
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm currently level 45 and clothing level 24. I'm focusing on levelling clothing so I can make medium gear for my friend and I for when we hit Vet ranks but I'm unsure of the best way to level it up.

I belive that the best method of gaining XP is from deconstruction and the types are as follows: free pick-up < stolen < earned < traded, but my issue is that I don't know the exact numerical XP values associated with each type and each item level - so I can't determine which is the most efficient per hour for me.

Examples - not questions
1. Hollow City has more clothing for free pick-up per run (let's say 10 items) than Stonefalls does for stealing, but I don't know whether the added XP per item deconstruction outweighs the fewer items.
2. If my friend can create 20 items per hour, I don't know if the XP from these is greater than the 100 items that I could steal/pick-up in an hour.
3. Whether it's worth the hassle of making all my stolen/picked-up armour green before dismantling

Does anyone have any info or links on this? I've tried to look around but I can't find anything this specific.

Thanks
SunburntPenguin
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stolen items & looted items with no monetary value no longer provide any meaningful amounts of Inspiration. You are better off finding a crafting buddy to create and deconstruct each others items with. Other than that, just deconstruct anything that you loot.

Edit: Definitely don't waste any materials upgrading looted/stolen items to green before deconstruction, as I don't think that will yield a higher return.
    Edited by CGPsaint on September 26, 2015 2:39PM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've considering finding a crafting buddy but I imagine that there'd be issues around timings, materials and levels. I would get my friend to craft pieces for me to deconstruct but as said in my OP, with the time that it would involve for him to create and trade, I don't know how efficienct this will be compared me doing it alone. Though, I have asked him to send me everything light and medium armour that has the deconstruct bonus on which will help.

Regarding upgrading them, I have a ridiculous amount of the green ones (due to me trying to power-level) and plenty of gold to purchase more if I need them for creating gear. It's just whether the added XP is significant.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also work out a crafting/deconstructing rotation with an alternate character.

Check out Myrron's Guide to ESO Blacksmithing. A big thank you to @Myrron for putting this guide together.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."