The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

high elf sorcerer magicka build..will it also work if you switch to stamina build

Bats0828
Bats0828
hey guys, i have a vet 3 high elf sorcerer magicka base. and i was wondering if it will also work if i will try stamina base using dual wield and two handed. i know high elf are magicka base and i just wanted to know if anyone here has high elf sorcerer that is stamina base. i've watched deltias video and he was using a redguard. i just don't wanna create another new character and go through the long process of leveling and trying to do the quest again...
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started off as a stamina build before it became a thing, just to level up. it worked well for that(also running altmer btw) I switched over to magicka for vet ranks, then came the stamina changes to the few morphs available to the class. im currently using the dual wield and destro staff. the class is viable for stamina play but I don't think you will have the dps output at end game with stamina compared to magicka. I think the class needs a few more stamina morphs to make it compete.
  • Bats0828
    Bats0828
    Mojmir wrote: »
    I started off as a stamina build before it became a thing, just to level up. it worked well for that(also running altmer btw) I switched over to magicka for vet ranks, then came the stamina changes to the few morphs available to the class. im currently using the dual wield and destro staff. the class is viable for stamina play but I don't think you will have the dps output at end game with stamina compared to magicka. I think the class needs a few more stamina morphs to make it compete.

what specific skills are you running for every bar? like what do you have on dual wield and destro? and how did you use your attribute points?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For dual wield I'm using crystal frags,entropy,liquid lightning,hard Ward,meteor. For destro I'm using crystal,ele ring,touch,aegis,soul strike. both bars get inner light. Attributes are all magicka.armor is magnus x5,torug on staff and sword/mace.torug on chest and legs. random jewels 2x spell dmg,1 reduce spell.I'm vr11 ATM.
  • Bats0828
    Bats0828
    For dual wield I'm using crystal frags,entropy,liquid lightning,hard Ward,meteor. For destro I'm using crystal,ele ring,touch,aegis,soul strike. both bars get inner light. Attributes are all magicka.armor is magnus x5,torug on staff and sword/mace.torug on chest and legs. random jewels 2x spell dmg,1 reduce spell.I'm vr11 ATM.

thanks man. are you using this build for pvp or pve?
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    Bats0828 wrote: »
    hey guys, i have a vet 3 high elf sorcerer magicka base. and i was wondering if it will also work if i will try stamina base using dual wield and two handed. i know high elf are magicka base and i just wanted to know if anyone here has high elf sorcerer that is stamina base. i've watched deltias video and he was using a redguard. i just don't wanna create another new character and go through the long process of leveling and trying to do the quest again...

You can basically switch over with just about any character, especially if its just for PVP. Stamina Sorcs also use mana so it doesnt hurt to have some sort of resource support HOWEVER it will be vastly smaller than if you utilized passives that affected your primary resources rather than your secondary. Because of the nature of PVP its very stamina intensive between, blocking, running and breaking out of stuns you will be at a disadvantage with a smaller stamina pool to work from. Because of battle leveling though you wont really see the difference until you hit vr 14, so you could try it out until then and see if you like it enough to invest the time into a proper stam sorc.

The problem is ZOS has placed so much performance emphasis into racial passives that your going to be missing out on some things that will effect your primary resources, their management and your overall dps. For someone like me those losses are too significant to overlook especially in PVE.

Quick example:

Your vet 16 High Elf Stamina Sorc has 12425 Magika and 27236 Stamina before passives.
    Because your a High Elf you get 10% more Magika so that gives you 1242 more magika for a total of 13667. Also you will do 4% more damage with elemental spells with that said 13667 magika will give you about 1306 spell power which is pretty low, adding 4% only improves it to 1358. Most stamina sorc support spells are used strictly for utility so your spell power here is pretty much useless and will not affect your overall dps. Your spells will cost 8% less, out of all of the passives this is probably the most beneficial and in laymen's terms: might buy you three streaks rather than two.

Now your vet 16 Redguard Stamina Sorc has 12425 Magika and 27236 Stamina before passives.
    Because your a Redguard you get 10% more stamina so that gives you 2724 more stamina for a total of 29960. You also increase stamina recovery in combat by 9% and you have a chance to restore stamina through melee attacks albeit a small amount. As you can see all of these passives directly support your primary resource making you a more effective dps, especially in a sustain situation. You must also keep in mind the sorc passives also affect your stamina with percentages so the lower the number the lower the bonus thus the lower your overall dps.

I know grinding sucks, Ive done it across 4 characters and it doesnt really get any easier. However there are some pretty established methods to getting a character from 1-vr16 within a matter of days/a week. You can either message me or you can check out some grinding info on these forums for tips. IMO if you really want to go stam sorc than go all the way.
    Edited by KundaliniHero on September 28, 2015 8:35PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks man. are you using this build for pvp or pve?

pve atm,haven't tried pvp with it
  • Bats0828
    Bats0828

You can basically switch over with just about any character, especially if its just for PVP. Stamina Sorcs also use mana so it doesnt hurt to have some sort of resource support HOWEVER it will be vastly smaller than if you utilized passives that affected your primary resources rather than your secondary. Because of the nature of PVP its very stamina intensive between, blocking, running and breaking out of stuns you will be at a disadvantage with a smaller stamina pool to work from. Because of battle leveling though you wont really see the difference until you hit vr 14, so you could try it out until then and see if you like it enough to invest the time into a proper stam sorc.

The problem is ZOS has placed so much performance emphasis into racial passives that your going to be missing out on some things that will effect your primary resources, their management and your overall dps. For someone like me those losses are too significant to overlook especially in PVE.

Quick example:

Your vet 16 High Elf Stamina Sorc has 12425 Magika and 27236 Stamina before passives.
    Because your a High Elf you get 10% more Magika so that gives you 1242 more magika for a total of 13667. Also you will do 4% more damage with elemental spells with that said 13667 magika will give you about 1306 spell power which is pretty low, adding 4% only improves it to 1358. Most stamina sorc support spells are used strictly for utility so your spell power here is pretty much useless and will not affect your overall dps. Your spells will cost 8% less, out of all of the passives this is probably the most beneficial and in laymen's terms: might buy you three streaks rather than two.

Now your vet 16 Redguard Stamina Sorc has 12425 Magika and 27236 Stamina before passives.
    Because your a Redguard you get 10% more stamina so that gives you 2724 more stamina for a total of 29960. You also increase stamina recovery in combat by 9% and you have a chance to restore stamina through melee attacks albeit a small amount. As you can see all of these passives directly support your primary resource making you a more effective dps, especially in a sustain situation. You must also keep in mind the sorc passives also affect your stamina with percentages so the lower the number the lower the bonus thus the lower your overall dps.

I know grinding sucks, Ive done it across 4 characters and it doesnt really get any easier. However there are some pretty established methods to getting a character from 1-vr16 within a matter of days/a week. You can either message me or you can check out some grinding info on these forums for tips. IMO if you really want to go stam sorc than go all the way.

wow....this is really awesome man. well detailed and full of infos...i really appreciate it. i guess you are right... if i wanna go stamina sorc, i guess i really have to make a new character like the redguard stamina sorc. thanks man.. i hope to hit vet 16 today with my stamina nightblade and i will try to make a stamina redguard sorc
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]
    wow....this is really awesome man. well detailed and full of infos...i really appreciate it. i guess you are right... if i wanna go stamina sorc, i guess i really have to make a new character like the redguard stamina sorc. thanks man.. i hope to hit vet 16 today with my stamina nightblade and i will try to make a stamina redguard sorc[/quote]

Like I said, you could try it in PVP, because of battle leveling you get a absurd bonus to all of your stats, so the racial passives wont matter as much and if you find that you like it you could go to the trouble of rolling a stam sorc the proper way.

• KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    FYI fastest way to level:

1-vr1 Wayrest Sewers
    This requires a partner to be done efficiently and of course xp scrolls, ring of mara and membership to ESO plus for extra 10% xp will all help reduce the time it takes. All you do is go in and pull all of the rats in the first room and kill them, leave group, rejoin group, leave dungeon, rinse & repeat. Try to avoid pulling the crocodiles as they really slow things down. With a xp scroll going it takes about 4-5 times going into the dungeon (optimally 10 minutes) to get a level, this method takes about 8.5 - 10 hours to get to vr1.

vr1-vr16
    Before IC there were quite a few spots for grinding vr's however they were generally over crowded with morons who couldnt figure out a pattern for the life of them, so your actually in better luck now. Best place to grind hands down is in the sewers: with an xp scroll I was getting a level about every hour. The great part about grinding down there is you can also grind stones and trophys to open chests. Dont worry about getting ganked too much, the stones are only really useful for mats imo. Always be grouped up with one partner, no more than one person in your group or your xp goes way down.
    Edited by KundaliniHero on September 29, 2015 7:52PM
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you that for groups it can work just fine. I have a killer stam build for groups that is not race dependent.

That said, I won't be sharing it.

But it is possible. ^_^
    Edited by Cathexis on September 30, 2015 7:41PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.