The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DPS sorc low helath

KillSide
KillSide
Hello, I'm a dps sorc i have a problem: i have low health (12742).
I'm vet 14
what should i do?
PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    get more health
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • KillSide
    KillSide
    aco5712 wrote: »
    get more health

Great advice... how would i do that?
    PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pve you should put some attributes into health until it hits about 18k, then put the rest into magicka. This will probably leave you with around 22-26k magicka which you can then raise with toggles, such as bound aegis or inner light. Also for pve stamina isn't such a concern so use blue food to increase health and magicka only. Make sure that you have food buffs up when assigning attributes.

Edit: also try using the mage mundus, regen will suffer but you can get that back through set bonuses, dark exchange, potions etc.

Edit 2: for pure pve you could get away with using both bound aegis and inner light. This would leave you with 3 skills on each bar which is usually enough to just stand there dpsing.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on September 26, 2015 7:34AM
    PC | EU
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree, to the point where I'm going to go ahaid and say that anyone telling you to put points into health is just straight up naive. Hardened Ward is actually much better outside of Cyrodiil than it was in 1.6. You can easily get 20k shields with hardened ward alone for PvE (mine is 25k). To put this into perspective, it's a 20k relatively low cost, spammable extension of your health bar that uses the same attribute that buffs your DPS. It is stupidly good.

This lesson on how to sorc has been brought to you by Uncle Xeven.

EDIT:
    If you are uncomfortable with ward timing or low health, use purple food.
    Edited by Xeven on September 26, 2015 7:57AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to

I'm vet 7 at the moment.

I have put everything into magica.

My health is about 17k and my hardened ward is about 15k.

Spamming that almost doubles my health. It's cheap and last ages.

This is in pve of course. Pvp shields aren't as good.

But with that much magica, just burn people down before they can kill you.

Don't stay still. Move, jump, roll dodge, streak, lay mines to create a bit of space.

If a group of 4+ get you, you're likely to go down no matter how much health you have.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 26, 2015 8:25AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    I strongly disagree, to the point where I'm going to go ahaid and say that anyone telling you to put points into health is just straight up naive. Hardened Ward is actually much better outside of Cyrodiil than it was in 1.6. You can easily get 20k shields with hardened ward alone for PvE (mine is 25k). To put this into perspective, it's a 20k relatively low cost, spammable extension of your health bar that uses the same attribute that buffs your DPS. It is stupidly good.

This lesson on how to sorc has been brought to you by Uncle Xeven.

EDIT:
    If you are uncomfortable with ward timing or low health, use purple food.

But for trials where you are, for the most part, standing still within range of a healer with agro taken care of, surely it's better to use the slot for something that will increase your damage? For soloing pve content and leveling I would agree with you; hardened ward all the way, but for structured end-game pve I still think you need enough hp to avoid being one-shot and the rest of your efforts can go into damage.
    PC | EU