The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Deconstruct or sell it?

puffy99
puffy99
✭✭✭
Not worried about crafting but it would be nice to get the added perk for less cost to upgrade items. (next one at 25 I think)
So are the odds on getting blue or purple tempers worth going thru all your greens (do you even get them) or should you just sell all of that green junk?
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    You only have a chance to get blue, purple, gold etc. If the item you are deconstructing is that color. For example, you decon a blue item, you have a chance to get a blue temper. So what I do is only deconstruct blue items and up. Sell every thing else.umless it's a special item drop set.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • ianshere82b14_ESO
    Oh_Skrivva wrote: »
    You only have a chance to get blue, purple, gold etc. If the item you are deconstructing is that color. For example, you decon a blue item, you have a chance to get a blue temper. So what I do is only deconstruct blue items and up. Sell every thing else.umless it's a special item drop set.

I would recommend decon SOME greens just so you have a few of the green items, but yea mostly sell the greens and decon the rest.
  • EddieHavok
    I decon everything that's not "sells for 280%". That's got my BS lvl to 42 (main lvl V3) and I have about 120+ green tempers. I got a gold from breaking down calcinium ore just recently (post patch). I'm gonna keep all these passives until I max it but after that I'll just sell all items I don't need, but while I'm still leveling my BS, I'm gonna decon all gear that's not researchable or highly valuable (280%).
    LFG/PS4/NA/EP/SorcV4
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I deconstruct EVERYTHING unless it is Ornate. As far as tempers are concerned, I'm also saving ALL of my raw resources until I max out the Extraction Passives, so that I have better odds of getting Tempers in the refining process.
  • matcumb
    matcumb
    ✭✭✭
    I deconstruct almost everything, I generally sell items when I don't have enough room to deconstruct, I tend to loot everything since I want this character to be a pro-crafter. :)
    "It's the same old pish-posh. Gallant knight, epic quests rescued maidens. I came to this land when my head was quite unceremoniously separated from my body. Bad luck that, but you make the best of things." - Cadwell
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    Decon it all, imo, until you're at least high VR.
    The tempers alone will sell each for more than the non-decon items as a rule until the higher VR ranks, so you're getting the other mats for free to use/sell/trade/writ/give to me. :smile:
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decon all until you have the craft maxed out...

Then send to an alt to decon... level their crafting a bit & get hireling passives for free stuff...

Then sell all white/Green

Decon everything from blue upwards....

If it's blue & ornate then decon the metal but sell the wood/cloth (The blue tempers are usually more than the ornate piece will get you from selling).
    Edited by Flaminir on September 29, 2015 11:11AM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My clothier is ALWAYS short on greens. Heck I even when through about 400-500 raw materials the other day and the RNG gods saw fit to bless me with a compeletly unrealistic pile of blues, purples and even a couple yellows - but no greens.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I decon all but white, and sell white. But the white that have decon bonus, i use on my alts to raise their skills. Now all 8 players are maxed in all skills, so I sell those white decon bonus in guild store for 175 g each. The sell fast.
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends how much gold I currently have and whether or not the item has a trait worth researching.
    This is my list in order of priority

- Is it Intricate? Deconstruct that shiz.
    - If I don't have the trait: research
    - Is it Ornate? Sell, sell, sell. Profit.
    - If I don't have gold: sell, otherwise..
    - If I have gold and already know the trait: deconstruct
    - Accidentally deconstructed that rare item: GOD DAMN !%@* piece of @$!# WHAT THE %$@! expletive expletive