The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cor Leonis - DK Build & Videos - Hybrid PvP Tank & DPS

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revcasy wrote: »
    Nostalgia made me change my mind.

It is difficult to find videos with the audio from TS, so even some great, well organized battles look like a mess when you can't hear the commander.

So, I did find one that kind of represents what I am talking about. Notice the use of concepts like back line, front line, delayed pushes, ranged pressure, and organized maneuvers. I have personally never encountered that in ESO. In fact, it is rare that you can even get people to push as a group.

Anyway, here you go. https://youtu.be/appMc8Tfc0Y

Anytime I think I might go try the new GW2 expansion..i'm going to watch this video and be reminded what a freakin Mess Gw2 pvp was.

• aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    updated. another 4 videos that highlight the off dps of the build when you arent tanking :)
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    updated. another 4 videos that highlight the off dps of the build when you arent tanking :)

It is nice that you are trying but all the other classes can do the same even better.
    Because I can!
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

It is nice that you are trying but all the other classes can do the same even better.

i know that but DK is fun to play so it doesnt bother me. Its about having fun in the end is it not?
    #FreeLeo

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

i know that but DK is fun to play so it doesnt bother me. Its about having fun in the end is it not?
    Exactly and this is the reason that I have only one VR16 character who is a DK. But lately it is more frustration than fun.

Because I can!
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is difficult to find videos with the audio from TS, so even some great, well organized battles look like a mess when you can't hear the commander.

So, I did find one that kind of represents what I am talking about. Notice the use of concepts like back line, front line, delayed pushes, ranged pressure, and organized maneuvers. I have personally never encountered that in ESO. In fact, it is rare that you can even get people to push as a group.

I'll admit I didn't watch the entire thing (mostly because the recording quality was so bad it was difficult to see what was happening), but what I saw was not unique to GW2. I'm sure if you listened to the comms from any of the organized guilds currently playing ESO you'd hear something similar. That you have never encountered it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Heck, one of the zergball GW2 guilds (TSym) employed that same playstyle in ESO until they left the game. I bet if the OP left the comms in his videos there would be similar kind of talk.
    Edited by Poxheart on September 29, 2015 1:07PM
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »

I'll admit I didn't watch the entire thing (mostly because the recording quality was so bad it was difficult to see what was happening), but what I saw was not unique to GW2. I'm sure if you listened to the comms from any of the organized guilds currently playing ESO you'd hear something similar. That you have never encountered it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Heck, one of the zergball GW2 guilds (TSym) employed that same playstyle in ESO until they left the game. I bet if the OP left the comms in his videos there would be similar kind of talk.

@revcasy i watched the first 10 secs on the clip and i stopped but the difference between us and that guy is that our leaders dont need to repeat things 400 times. He calls once, and we do. Its alot calmer then what you linked but its very organized. You cant take out this many players without co ordination being on point. If you want i can upload one of the alessia farm clips where its very hectic and you can see the type of calling we use.
    #FreeLeo

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    My, you're a touchy one.

Eh, nothing personal. It frustrates me sometimes that no remark will ever go unchallenged online. Sometimes a person just wants to make an observation from personal experience. It isn't that important, and to be honest I am just too lazy to scour the internet for evidence. *shrug*

I know that I, even though I was a pug for the most part, followed some amazing commanders with equally amazing guilds. It was fun.

Believe me or don't, your prerogative. =P

GW2 is different because of how cooldowns force you to make sure you do not blow your load too early or bite on an enemy faint too soon. Because ESO has spammable skills it doesn't matter quite as much except for ultimates.

I think if resource management was harder in ESO you would have the same level of careful maneuvering as in GW2.
  • oryxnamder7
    oryxnamder7
    ✭✭
    Great build man and I'm going to try it out. One question - wouldn't Bloodspawn or the Harvester set be better than Nights Silence or am I wrong lol. I'm just clarifying your point really on this. Cheers

Also really well put together post with goals on the vids etc. Thanks
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    That video was annoying- WOW with mini skirts and redbull perma basement 22 year olds.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @oryxnamder7 I think I say in the gear section that a 2 piece undaunted is better then nights silence but the reason I went nights silence is just because of aesthetics :) i like the look of the helm and shoulders. Thank you :)
    #FreeLeo

• oryxnamder7
    oryxnamder7
    ✭✭
    Thanks mate for clarifying that. Cheers