The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shadowhide drops?

myrrrorb14_ESO
myrrrorb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I was doing my writs and ran out of shadowhide. My crafter has maxed the skill line, but is only vr1.

Since the material is for vr9-14, I went to my gold area in the Rift to kill some vr10 cats and get some hide only to discover that Ironhide scraps were earned. The next day I was determined. Went to craglorn andvkilled some welwas with the same result...

So my question do the scraps only level up to my characters level?

My main character is vr5, so I am able to kill any level beast.

Best Answers

• Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing my writs and ran out of shadowhide. My crafter has maxed the skill line, but is only vr1.

Since the material is for vr9-14, I went to my gold area in the Rift to kill some vr10 cats and get some hide only to discover that Ironhide scraps were earned. The next day I was determined. Went to craglorn andvkilled some welwas with the same result...

So my question do the scraps only level up to my characters level?

My main character is vr5, so I am able to kill any level beast.
    Simple answer is yes.
    However, if you go to lower level areas, lower than your character I mean, you will only get drops of the level beast you are killing.
    So you need a character, as I understand the mechanics, of VR9 minimum to gain the drops from slain beasts, but you can farm the raw material growing in Craglorn (for example) if you're keen to pick plants, dig ore...but that doesn't help your hide issues I realise sorry.
    Edited by Swindy on September 25, 2015 1:58AM
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
    Answer ✓
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mats are actually easy to get at the high end. Just go to craglorn and loot/steal items for decon from the shop/stalls in Belkarth. Log in and out a few times and do not get caught stealing and you will have all the mats you need in about 20 minutes.
    Answer ✓
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I suspected this to be the case, but had hoped it was a bug.
  • S_Schofield
    S_Schofield
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you. I suspected this to be the case, but had hoped it was a bug.

if your on PC I can help
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the offer. Im on PS4 though. Shame I cant earn Shadowhide. I just abandonned it. Medium doesnt cone up to much. Soon as my gf goes on vacation I will grind up to vr9 :-)