The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What the hell is wrong with Rivenspire?

Infinite12
Infinite12
✭✭✭✭
I can't even quest here, it's laggy as hell in Rivenspire. Everywhere is has been fine but Rivenspire is unplayable.
[GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
My Characters
Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? No one else is having a problem with Rivenspire?
    My Characters

• LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am, I submitted a request long ago, they said they're aware of the bad latency there.
  • Doobieman
    Doobieman
    I'm having crazy long wait times there as well. Thankfully I don't need to quest there though I was just doing some justice achievements and crafting. I feel sorry for anyone that needs to quest in the area and has to deal with these load times. Just now I actually exited the game and reset it because I was waiting for 10 minutes for the outlaw sanctuary to load. Off to Coldharbour for me.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not even the load times, those are bad, but the lag, if you try to fight enemies while you're there it's SOOO laggy. It's unplayable there.
    My Characters

• bicketybam
    bicketybam
    ✭✭
    I keep my nightblade parked there....not anymore. It took 5 minutes to load my character. Unreal.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    @bicketybam that's crazy. One of my guild mates went there on his main character to make armor for his alt, but didn't end up making it and logged out in rivenspire so his main character was still there. Yesterday he went to log onto his main and couldn't. He'd select the main character and get stuck at an infinite loading screen. He waited 10, 15 minutes before quitting and just going back to his alt. Then today he logged into his main again and got stuck at a loading screen for 20 minutes before it actually loaded for him and he got the hell out of rivenspire. It's craziness. This IC update has just been a nightmare in so many ways.
    My Characters

• Lnin0
    Lnin0
    ✭✭✭
    I went back there for a writ and my NB has been stuck since. Everytime I try to load them it gives me, exceptionally long load. I've waited a couple minutes but guess I need to just wait it out so I can get out of there and get my NB back.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, 10 minute plus load times, constant lag. But any other smaller zone in rivenspire loads fast and no lag.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably all the Glow Flies.....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    Really? No one else is having a problem with Rivenspire?

I've been leveling an alt there, and yeah, I know exactly what you mean.... it lags.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Lnin0
    Lnin0
    ✭✭✭
    So I decided to just wait out the load screen and finally got my NB out of there. While I was there I engaged a couple mobs and the lag was insane. Multiple, countable seconds between pressing a button and seeing the action register. Glad my NB is done with all but some writs there.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS will have to go deer hunting again.

Kill-Bambi.jpg
    Wololo.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really awful. Takes forever to dolemns and kill bosses here and the 2 to 3 second delay from pressing the button to use your ability to it actually taking effect. Then going from that to inside a delve and theres no lag whatsoever.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I decided to move my main out of Cyrodil and do some crafting writs.. well my first choice was to go to Rivenspire as the main city is pretty easy to get around.. damn that was a mistake. The first time I was hit with a very long load time after trying to use the wayshrine (gave up and restarted the game), tried it a 2nd time and had the same thing so I decided to come to the forums to see what was going on.

This is some mega messed up stuff right here!! I guess I am going to try my luck in Daggerfall now!!
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 minutes load screen times. I've seen the 'take longer than usual msg now 7 times'. My Xbox actually triggered the tv to go dim due to inactivity.

This is utter *** ZOS. Fix your pos patch.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does a ZOS member need to be tagged in this or should we submit a bug report
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife is also experiencing long load times and noticeable lag in Rivenspire. Glad I'm not Covenant.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • koltbyrd4
    koltbyrd4
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem. Power cycled modem in case it was my internet, and then another 10 minute wait to load rivenspire. Completely unplayable.
  • GuiltyAgain
    GuiltyAgain
    Soul Shriven
    My character has seen hours of Rivenspire loading screens in last day or two, cannot get on to leave area.
  • tifney_nicole
    tifney_nicole
    Soul Shriven
    Yes! I can't even get into there, and I have tried everything short of calling my internet provider and having a come apart on them!!!
    PS4 - NA Server
    Daggerfall Covenant= Meyawzer VR 12 Nightblade - Stamina Build
    "I will pounce you like the tiger I am."
    "I am not a lizard!!"
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, us PS4 players are experiencing it, too :(
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • thebigtom
    thebigtom
    Rivenspire is completely unplayable atm. Long load times, huge lag. Same on every version of the game its on every technical support forum xbox/ps4/pc. Yet no response from ZOS with an estimated fix time. Pull your finger out and acknowledge the issue for people and say what you're doing about it cause this is ridiculous for people trying to do stuff in this zone.
  • DrunknAssassin7
    Yeah I wrote to them and all they said was that they were investigating reports on this...didn't even say they were working on it.
  • lysylya
    lysylya
    ✭✭
    Rivenspire is completely broken for my vet 3 character. The lag is unbelievable. Doesn't really make any sense because as soon as I leave Rivenspire, everything is fine with that character. The load time to get into Rivenspire is crazy as well. It takes probably 5 minutes to load the zone after several 'long load' messages.

Not sure what's up, but I'm skipping those quests until the zone is fixed.
  • Saren_Arterius
    xD

I came here specifically to complain about this as it only started today when I had to do the Doomcrag Quests after liberating Northpoint. I assumed it was something to do with that Quest, but it is most definitely tied to the Rivenspire overworld. Thank goodness I only have Erokii Ruins, that nearby Dolmen and the Public Dungeon left to clear before I move on to the Alik'r Desert.

I was really enjoying Rivenspire as well. I found the Primal and Barbaric Motif Books here, loads of recipes, and it makes for a good alternative contraband thieving spot, seeing as Riften has too many thieves now.

I'm so glad it isn't just me or something wrong with my game. I recorded a couple of game clips of the loading screens too, in case I was asked for evidence.

Meh, hopefully tomorrow's maintenance fixes this. Sentinel doesn't seem as thief-friendly, though I admit, I haven't really had a good go at learning Safebox spawning points and AI routines there yet.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We are aware that there's an issue affecting performance specifically in Rivenspire, and we're working on getting it fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are aware that there's an issue affecting performance specifically in Rivenspire, and we're working on getting it fixed.

Welcome to work. This issue has been going on since Saturday and you are just now commenting on it? Guess no one works to monitor the servers on the weekend?
  • thebigtom
    thebigtom
    uberkull wrote: »

Welcome to work. This issue has been going on since Saturday and you are just now commenting on it? Guess no one works to monitor the servers on the weekend?

Cause they was all at twitch con they don't give a *** about players problems specially at the weekends.
  • cbbred
    cbbred
    Oh give it a rest, they work just as hard as the rest of us. They don't get any more new info then we do, stop bitching at the messenger. They are in charge of the forum info NOT the game, they only know as much as their told. Hold your sh*t, and stop acting like you know what it takes to develop and QA patches.
    Xbox-NA
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbbred wrote: »
    Oh give it a rest, they work just as hard as the rest of us. They don't get any more new info then we do, stop bitching at the messenger. They are in charge of the forum info NOT the game, they only know as much as their told. Hold your sh*t, and stop acting like you know what it takes to develop and QA patches.

I have wored in the IT industry for 22 years. My resume includes 2 Fortune 500 companies, and 2 fortune 100 companies. We currently have 69 million customers. I've worked in every aspect of IT, from junior coder to enterprise architect in cloud computing.

I know EXACTLY what it takes to develop and deliver patches. But in my line of work, there is no way this DLC would ever see production with the amount of defects it has. And if there is a problem with out product over the weekend, we work it ON the weekend.

But, in the end....no one cares what I do, it's what ZOS is going to do to fix what they broke with the IC patch. I'm available to help...a minimal fee. ;)
    Edited by Uberkull on September 29, 2015 12:35PM