Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Army of Meridia - when to call war council?

SirMorg
SirMorg
I have just finished the two main missions to rescue the king and Mage in Coldharbour. When I return to the city the groundskeeper asks whether I want to call a war council or continue searching for missing fighters.

What missions do I need to do to rescue more people? What is the impact of not bothering will this make the main quest harder?

Many thanks
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every side quest you do in Coldharbour has the potential to add extra fighters and/or support for the final assault. For each side quest you don't do, a certain character or group of characters will not appear, making that part of the final assault that they would help in harder.

To ensure you have the full complement of extra characters, you need to complete all the side quests around Coldharbour and turn all the quest hub icons in the western and eastern planes to white. (You can't currently access those in the north, as they are beyond the locked gate which opens after the War Council.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SirMorg
    SirMorg
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Every side quest you do in Coldharbour has the potential to add extra fighters and/or support for the final assault. For each side quest you don't do, a certain character or group of characters will not appear, making that part of the final assault that they would help in harder.

To ensure you have the full complement of extra characters, you need to complete all the side quests around Coldharbour and turn all the quest hub icons in the western and eastern planes to white. (You can't currently access those in the north, as they are beyond the locked gate which opens after the War Council.)

Thanks for clearing that up, really helpful. I will be patient