The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Starting a NB which race should I go ?

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure If I want to be Stam or Magic based but the aim is for a PvP build
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter? *checks. Nope. Doesn't matter.

Pick whichever race you want to be, then appropriately buff stam/mag as you need.

I recommend a teeny wood elf, because they're so damn cute when standing next to my 12' tall Altmer. :naughty:
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure If I want to be Stam or Magic based but the aim is for a PvP build

As the above poster alluded to, you can be successful with any race. However, if you are someone who is looking to min/max to squeeze out every advantage possible (again not something you have to do), you will need to decide whether you want to go stamina or magicka and what role you prefer to play (dps, tank, healer). After you make those decisions, you should pick a race with passives that are beneficial to boosting your primary resource and/or that are helpful to your chosen role.
  • Heathenpride
    Heathenpride
    ✭✭✭
    I have one of those 'teeny wood elf'NB's and I love her, she's amazing BUT she's squishy so you need to pay close attention to your build.

Since I poured everything into crafting first I am only now, at V10, coming into my own in the combat area so I am probably not the best to ask on that front.

Good luck though, NB's are fun!

I highly recommend alchemy so you can make all your own pots, those things are absolutely essential IMO. The crit pots, detection pots and invisibility pots are to die for!
    Looking for a good NA PS4 guild that offers a bit of everything? New to the game and lost? Need some guidance and help?
    Look no further, Ebonheart Guild of Shadow has been here since launch and we got you!
    PSN message Heathenpride for an invite.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the best races for Stamina NB in terms of synergies with racial skills and character build are:

1. Khajit
    - Improve Stealth radius by (1/2/3) meters. Increases damage done while stealthed by (3/6/9)%.
    - Increases experience gain with the Medium Armor skill line by 15%.
    - Increases Health regeneration while in combat by (5/10/15)%.
    - Increases Critical rating for melee attacks by (1/2/3)%
    - Increase damage done by successful Critical Hits by (5/10/15)%

2. Imperial
    - Increases experience gain with the One-Handed and Shield skill line by 15%.
    - Increases maximum Stamina by (4/7/10)%.
    - Melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 2/4/6 Health
    - Increase maximum Health by 4/8/12%

3. Wood Elf
    - Increases experience gain with the Bow skill line by 15%.
    - Increases Stamina Recovery while in combat by (3/6/9)%.
    - Increases Poison and Disease resistance by (7/14/21).
    - Increases maximum Stamina by (1/2/3)%.
    - Improve Stealth radius by (1/2/3) meters.
    - Increases damage done while stealthed by (3/6/9)%.

Alliance of friends is probably the most important though as you can PvP with them - if that's something that interests you.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Orc because of the Heavy Armour racial trait. I am only lvl 10 right now and he kicks but on lvl13 mobs, I know that's not much but its a lot of fun. LOL
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I highly recommend alchemy so you can make all your own pots, those things are absolutely essential IMO. The crit pots, detection pots and invisibility pots are to die for!

Alchemy is not so much about being able to craft your own pots. You can buy them too (but yeah being independent is very interesting)
    What's important about Alchemy is the passive Medicinal Use which increase the potency of the pots you use, not craft.
    So even if you plan on buying the pots, you need Alchemy to make your pots usefull.
    Edited by Usara on September 24, 2015 1:16PM
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO the best races for Stamina NB in terms of synergies with racial skills and character build are:

1. Khajit
    - Improve Stealth radius by (1/2/3) meters. Increases damage done while stealthed by (3/6/9)%.
    - Increases experience gain with the Medium Armor skill line by 15%.
    - Increases Health regeneration while in combat by (5/10/15)%.
    - Increases Critical rating for melee attacks by (1/2/3)%
    - Increase damage done by successful Critical Hits by (5/10/15)%

2. Imperial
    - Increases experience gain with the One-Handed and Shield skill line by 15%.
    - Increases maximum Stamina by (4/7/10)%.
    - Melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 2/4/6 Health
    - Increase maximum Health by 4/8/12%

3. Wood Elf
    - Increases experience gain with the Bow skill line by 15%.
    - Increases Stamina Recovery while in combat by (3/6/9)%.
    - Increases Poison and Disease resistance by (7/14/21).
    - Increases maximum Stamina by (1/2/3)%.
    - Improve Stealth radius by (1/2/3) meters.
    - Increases damage done while stealthed by (3/6/9)%.

Alliance of friends is probably the most important though as you can PvP with them - if that's something that interests you.

These are all good choices, but the values of the passive bonuses listed are out of date. The up to date values can be found here: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Racial+Skills

I rolled a Khajiit Stamina NB and don't regret it. If I could do it again I think I would go Bosmer (wood elf). 21% stam regen is huge, especially since regen in PVP is harder to come by. Redguard is worth a look to for stam builds, especially if you want to go full melee (no bow)

I also have a Altmer (High Elf) Magicka NB and love it. Breton would also be a good choice.

If you plan on switching or are unsure which way you want to go I'd recommend Imperial as the 12% max health and 10% max stamina will be beneficial for both stam or magicka builds.
    Edited by MrTarkanian48 on September 25, 2015 8:54PM
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • BullNetch
    BullNetch
    ✭✭✭
    Some NB magicka abilities get a stealth damage bonus, I believe. I think one of the ultimates get a stealth attack bonus, too.

Khajit and Bosmer get the reduced detection field and the stealth damage bonus.

Khajit gets health regen in combat and weapon crit.

Bosmer gets stamina regen and poison resist.

You'll be going hidden and invisible regularly as a NB, I presume.
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    Does the Argonian bonus from heals increase the heals from NB siphon abilities? I was thinking of a NB magicka argonian.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the Argonian bonus from heals increase the heals from NB siphon abilities? I was thinking of a NB magicka argonian.

I would assume it does. It would be an interesting build and could heal yourself pretty well with swallow soul and sap essence. I'd say across the board people believe Argonian to be the weakest class however. Since you don't have any buffs to either stamina or magicka, at end game you may be able to heal yourself well, but may not be able to do elite level damage at the same time.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're going purely for racial passives, here's my suggestion.

Bosmer if Stamina NB
    Breton if Magicka NB

Those are pretty much the 'master races' for it as far as I know. That's atleast what everyone yells out there.