The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DragonKnight Build help!

ArchGrizzlyOp
ArchGrizzlyOp
✭✭
Hello community, i was wondering if you would be able to help me with my DragonKnight. I am V10 Redguard and i am doing like 1000 damage and was wondering if you could help me out!. I am trying to be dps but for some reason my character will not go over 1000 damage.

Also what do you think about a Orc Nightblade? Thanks
Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
-- Fadomai
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    What skills, what gear, what weapons are you using?

What does your stats page and champion points look like?

What passives are you using and what Mundus?

Folks will help, but you are only going to get out of them what you put into your question. Give us something to work with.
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    tactica wrote: »
    What skills, what gear, what weapons are you using?

What does your stats page and champion points look like?

What passives are you using and what Mundus?

Folks will help, but you are only going to get out of them what you put into your question. Give us something to work with.

Yea im not the best at asking for help sorry!

I am using two handed as my main and dual wielding and my secondary. My main skill bar is Rapid strikes, Blade Cloak,DragonBlood,Flame Lash and Stonefist and ultimate Shifting Standard. and for my secondary bar is Stonefist,Momentum,Obsidian shield.Flame lash and Dragon blood and ultimate Shifting Standard.

Armor -
    I am using medium armor no sets.

Weapons -
    1 handed greatsword custom made
    2 single handed swords custom made

Passives -
    I use all the passives from ardent flame,Earthen heart,Draconic power, Two handed, One handed, Medium armor,and my racial passives.

Character page picture -

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

-- Fadomai
  • Lordklinger
    BAR
    Let's start with your bar. For your two handed you need to be running rally, which is the momentum morph. This will grant you a 20% increase to your weapon damage and should be on always. You also need to put flawless dawn breaker ultimate on your main bar because you get an 8% increase to weapon damage.

Champion points

Make sure your points are going into physical damage, which I believe is located in the ritual. Warrior points can go almost anywhere, but thief points should go into cost reduction or regeneration.

Armor
    5 piece Hundings Rage set(6 trait craft set)
    2-3 piece Ashen Grip set(2 trait craft set)

You should be running stamina glyph's on all your armor. The more stamina you have means your stamina skills will hit harder.

Jewelry
    I run Shadow walker set(hard/expensive to get)

Boon
    The Warrior

There are some better set ups, but this is the easiest to obtain. With this set up I pull 2,800 weapon damage. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by Lordklinger on September 24, 2015 1:01AM
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    BAR
    Let's start with your bar. For your two handed you need to be running rally, which is the momentum morph. This will grant you a 20% increase to your weapon damage and should be on always. You also need to put flawless dawn breaker ultimate on your main bar because you get an 8% increase to weapon damage.

Champion points

Make sure your points are going into physical damage, which I believe is located in the ritual. Warrior points can go almost anywhere, but thief points should go into cost reduction or regeneration.

Armor

You should be running stamina glyph's on all your armor. The more stamina you have means your stamina skills will hit harder.

Jewelry
    I run Shadow walker set(hard/expensive to get)

Boon
    The Warrior

There are some better set ups, but this is the easiest to obtain. With this set up I pull 2,800 weapon damage. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey dude, thanks for the help much appreciated. I'll see what other people think and then i'll remake my build. But thank you much appreciated!.

-- Fadomai
  • Wimbuut
    BARArmor

Thanks a lot :)
    Wimbuut VR10 - Nord Dragonknight
    Achievement Points: 5805
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/219196/1-7-2-1-stam-dk-2h-bow-dual-build-for-ic#latest

But like others said, hundings/ravager or shadow walker first as the rest is kind of expensive.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Sets are important.

Hunding's and Ashen grip combined each gives you tons of raw weapon damage.

Although with glyphs....a dps who's dead, is no good dps. Decide on glyphs after you got the feel. If your surviability is low, consider using health glyphs.

Before VR16, I also improved all my gear to green at least. To blue on Vr 14. And yellow at vr 16.

Warrior is a good choice for mundus as was mentioned.

I'd put those magicka points into either stam or HP. Your source of damage wont come from magicka based abilities, and you'll still have enough to pull on a damage shield with the reserves you have.

Momentum and the morphs is a must. Self-heal, weapon buff. Too good to pass.
    Also dont forget, the weapon damage you have on your sheet is what a light attack of yours do. Most of your damage comes from the abilities you use. The more stamina you have the stronger they get.

I'd put in more damage skills onto my bar. Wrecking blow, critical rush, unstable flame (which is a very strong stam morph of the searing strike).

Dual wield & Two hander seems a bit of an overkill, overlapping too much. I'd pick either ranged or sword & board survival for my second bar, depending on the situation.

Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Would you guys recommend me, putting all my points into stamina?

-- Fadomai
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Willows path set with infused / divine, agility jewelry with weapon damage enchants, and dreugh King or shadow walker. This will give you recovery and weapon damage to actually sustain fights. 2H for crit charge to close the gap in 1v1 and DW for steel tornado during 1vX or to uncloak NB's. Use Warrior mundus stone in PvP to get more weapon damage and Thief stone in PvE for crit.
    Edited by Tomato on September 24, 2015 7:49PM
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭

I saw many full-stam DPS-es spending more time on the ground waiting for rez than actually doing their job.
    If you are skillful, able to get out of the red, block when needed, buff and survive on your own without constant healer support then go all stam.

Brawler from two-handed for instance gives a very nice damage shield, the more enemies you hit, the better. Weaving in brawler in between attacks, using the heal of rally, would make your life easier, and you might not need a large health pool.

But consider - most in PvE you will be doing fine, 1-2 hitting most mobs.

But a DPS who's running away or dead, is no dps, no matter how much life he has.
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Winterpsy wrote: »

I saw many full-stam DPS-es spending more time on the ground waiting for rez than actually doing their job.
    If you are skillful, able to get out of the red, block when needed, buff and survive on your own without constant healer support then go all stam.

Brawler from two-handed for instance gives a very nice damage shield, the more enemies you hit, the better. Weaving in brawler in between attacks, using the heal of rally, would make your life easier, and you might not need a large health pool.

But consider - most in PvE you will be doing fine, 1-2 hitting most mobs.

But a DPS who's running away or dead, is no dps, no matter how much life he has.

Okay thank you all for the help, i now do around 1500 damage , With buffs around 1650. So thank you all so much. And l'll see you all in Tamriel!

-- Fadomai