The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game Freezes On Logging into a Character Randomly

HungryHobo
HungryHobo
✭✭✭
So this issue has started since IC came out on PC for me. It has been more common the last week and a half for some reason though. I can log into my ESO account, and when I select a character to load up, I have about a 20% chance that the loading screen will freeze, the client will freeze, and my desktop freezes in the sense that it still detects ESO as pulled up but won't let me select any other windows, including the Task Manager. I can see my cursor at the task bar at the bottom, I can even right click and select Close, but nothing happens if I do this. Essentially I have to restart the computer or sign out of my current user to end the process and restart everything.

I have 7 characters I log into everyday to ride train and do crafting writs... so it is becoming a little irksome. I was wondering if other people have had similar issues, if there was something that you did to fix it, or any other pointers.
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the exact same issue. I have to reboot my pc each time. Nearly a month of these issues and no fix yet. Thankfully my 2 subs are almost done.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • HungryHobo
    HungryHobo
    ✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue. I have to reboot my pc each time. Nearly a month of these issues and no fix yet. Thankfully my 2 subs are almost done.

Windows 10?

I notice if I alt+tab to do anything else while it is loading, it seems to freeze more too. Do you alt+tab also?