Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ring of mara

sinisterhulk94
ive been hearing rumours that while wearing the ring if mara you dont even have to be online at the sane time anymore or in the same group is this true? ive noticed that even if the one im married to isnt online im still getting more exp but i just wanna make sure im not imagining it lol
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    PC or console?
    Can you test with and without the player online to confirm?
    What you have so far sounds anecdotal.
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
  • sinisterhulk94
    yrs ive tested it and its xb1 without her on i was still getting more xp than usual than when i had the ring off
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    XP for many different types of content was given a boost in the last patch, so it's possible that you could just be seeing the effects of this increase.

Also if you recently started an ESO Plus membership that gives an XP buff as well.

My understanding was always that at the very least you had to been in a group with your "spouse" for the rings of mara to grant the XP buff and that possibly some proximity rules came into play, though there never seemed to be clarification on exactly how close you needed to be.
  • sinisterhulk94
    this was before the update ive been an eso+ member since the game came out
  • sinisterhulk94
    and also if u have to be with them every time there on here and in the same group then thats like being with ur spouse irl 24/7 lol and im pretty sure that would suck XD
  • remedios17
    remedios17
    ✭✭✭
    you need to both have the ring on and be grouped, but it might be bugged, i wouldn't be surprised
    Guildmaster of the Order of the Magna Ge - social guild EP EU with 200+ members from all levels, all over the world, forming a nice relaxed, friendly - and a bit crazy - community - check us out at orderofthemagnage.guildlaunch.com or whisper me in game.
  • sinisterhulk94
    ya ik thats wat it says but who knows maybe u dont have to be