The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

3999+ Ping Rate since Update

FAMEEE
FAMEEE
hey guys, i never had any problems with my ping rate since eso was released... but there is something till the last patch which i can't believe.. i can't play eso anymore - because all the the time i log in and start to walk my ping hits crazy numbers like 3000+ ?!?!?! i did all the diagnostics and my internet is fine. i am having huge lag and freeze spikes the last couple of days.. i re installed the game but nothing changed.. can anyone please say me where the *** comes from? i would like to play the new IC stuff but i can't because of this random spawning ping rates :/ here you can see my net tests : http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4688184364 i live in EU and play on EU server.. PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE x.x
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, is this PC? You said EU server but I don't want to assume.

Second are you using ANY addons?

Third, does the ping start at character load and then dissipate or does it start and stay?

Fourth, what is your FPS with the ping?
    Edited by SpAEkus on September 23, 2015 9:05PM
  • FAMEEE
    FAMEEE
    EU, PC, FPS is still arround 59-60. it isnt laggy while loading character - the ping happens every 1-2min it raises up to 3000+ then few seconds all good.. then again big lagg and freeze screen for 15-20sec.. etc.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are not alone my friend. i and many many others are having the exact same problems!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/218199/mass-bad-latency-and-crashing-and-roll-backs-constant#latest

and just like you, i have played since early beta and i have never had this problem untill imperial city patch.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you are having almost the same situation as I.

I get immediate 999+ ping at every character load, but my ping then dissipates and does not sustain as long as I am on that character and do not reloadui or change char.

I also maintain anywhere from lower (playable) to max FPS (110hz monitor) while the ping issue exists.

This ping does NOT manifest if I have NO addons installed. There are still some addons or some combination of addons and the recent IC patch changes to the client-server connections or handling of addon LUA processes that is causing this new issue.

If you have any addons try totally removing them (rename Addons and SavedVariables folders) and see if the problem persists.

If it goes away, then you are with the rest of us at the mercy of ZOS determining what change they made that is causing this and hopefully either fixing it on their end or giving Addon developers more data/tools to allow addons to function again without this conflict.
  • FAMEEE
    FAMEEE
    i am lagging even when i start game with 0 addons :( - lets hope zenimax will fix this as fast as possible :neutral: thanks guys
  • FAMEEE
    FAMEEE
    okay now i cant even play anything in this game.. 15sec after log in 999+ ping and one frozen screeen following by the next one.. untill the game hits me out because of laggs.. this really need to be fixed!!!!!!!! the best thing if they dont know what they screwed up with the last patch, they should make a rollback x.x
  • Nazruk
    Nazruk
    ✭✭
    FAMEEE wrote: »
    okay now i cant even play anything in this game.. 15sec after log in 999+ ping and one frozen screeen following by the next one.. untill the game hits me out because of laggs.. this really need to be fixed!!!!!!!! the best thing if they dont know what they screwed up with the last patch, they should make a rollback x.x

Same issue here. Since yesterday, around 4pm i can't do anything ingame except chatting properly. Using skills or doing anything fun is not working because ping jumps around 100-999ms all the time. Getting kicked out (freezes) aswell.

I'm on PC, EU btw.
    Sharun Nihm (Darkelf Nightblade, Rank 23)
    Zinaan Darnthor (Breton Templar, Rank 13)
    Shaarun (Imperial Sorcerer, Rank 4)

DC - EU - PC
  • Cetos
    Cetos
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here.

Since thuesday the ping-spikes are extreme, up to 2000 every 20 sec

Also PC, EU
  • Sanada
    Sanada
    Soul Shriven
    Same here cmon it has been a week now :X
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is this being allowed to continue?
  • Cetos
    Cetos
    Soul Shriven
  • mailb16_ESO149
    I have the same problem with ping spikes and disconnects.

I did ping the server 100 times and had a packet loss of ~20%.

The I did a trace and found this:

Tracing route to 159.100.232.122 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms fritz.box [192.168.1.1]
    2 9 ms 11 ms 15 ms 10.192.0.1
    3 12 ms 16 ms 9 ms de-fra04a-ra1-ae10-1310.fra.unity-media.net [81.210.129.169]
    4 12 ms 29 ms 28 ms de-fra04a-rc1-ae8.fra.unity-media.net [81.210.129.225]
    5 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms de-fra03b-ri1-ge-4-1-0.aorta.net [84.116.130.206]
    6 * 1836 ms 1222 ms lag-10.ear1.Frankfurt.Level3.net [4.68.62.237]
    7 10 ms * 11 ms 212.162.9.150
    8 * * 13 ms 195.122.154.4
    9 11 ms 12 ms * 159.100.232.122
    10 * 13 ms 9 ms 159.100.232.122

Seems there is a problem with packages going via lag-10.ear1.Frankfurt.Level3.net [4.68.62.237].
    This latency goes higher during prime times. However, it goes down again after 10pm.
    However, even when the latency is back to ~10ms, the packet loss is still high at ~7-10%.

See also this thread in the german forum:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/219718/verbindungs-probleme-ueber-unitymedia#latest
    Edited by mailb16_ESO149 on September 25, 2015 5:08PM
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on NA server (playing from Germany, though), and yesterday was the first time I even checked the ping, so I don't know what's standard/average to be considered normal.
    The ping was at 200 yesterday most of the time and went up to 999 every now and then. I've only let the game display the ping on screen because every single thing I did (skills, bank, etc, literally everything) took about a second or longer to proceed. So I assume 200+ is high, then?

Edited by Moonshadow66 on September 27, 2015 10:42AM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP