The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Low FPS, Untextured Characters, Extreme Load Times

Andarne
Andarne
✭✭✭
Hey all.

Since the IC update I've been having a myriad of problems with ESO:TU.

To start off; my FPS was once at a steady 60FPS min - in Cyrodiil, it'd run at around 20-25, maybe dropping to 15 during a huge raid. It now stands at around 35FPS average in-region, and Cyrodiil combat sutters down to 1FPS - same with inside the Imperial City with a group. It's near impossible to do anything decent.

I've also been experiencing textureless characters when loading into regions. NPC's are invisible and I cannot interact with them at all, until the textures load into world. Sometimes the world textures, themselves (i.e. stairs) fail to load. They can remain like this for a good 30-40 seconds before all becomes 'normal'.

Furthermore, my load times between regions and loading into game have quadrupled. I've timed it at around 5 minutes for logging in, Cyrodiil is quite long, and Imperial City took 8 minutes last night.

I'm running several addons which I will be disabling to test performance, but they're all working and mostly updated. I'm also working with a default UserSettings.txt file.

Please find attached my DxDiag log.
Andarne [PC-EU]
Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    The black outlines of people when you log in is intended according to the IC DLC patch notes. However the other issues are wide spread bugs that many and/or all players are experiencing.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Andarne
    Andarne
    ✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »
    The black outlines of people when you log in is intended according to the IC DLC patch notes. However the other issues are wide spread bugs that many and/or all players are experiencing.

I'd read that the black, textureless characters were "working as intended", though I can't imagine why. Plenty of MMO's have better systems in-place than that. It's annoying to have to wait a few mins for anything to become usable.

I've tested all my addons; all were at their latest version. I disabled them all and noticed no change in FPS whatsoever. Load-times were the same.
    Andarne [PC-EU]
    Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
    ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017