Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Please fix trait system just this little

DorianDragonRaze
DorianDragonRaze
✭✭✭✭
Hello!
Thank you for the game, at first. I enjoy pretty much everything: places, quests, fights, writs and crafting.
But there are a few tiny things in crafting that makes no sense imho.
#1 traited gear item can't be used for a writ (while enchanted un-traited item can);
#2 crafting traited item gives the same amount of XP as untraited (at least when I tested it a while ago)
#3 there are almost useless traits, but you can help it if you resolve #1 and #2

So, I have (and hundreds of other crafters have as well) a number of trait gems in the bank that I'm not sure I'll ever use or be able to sell.
In my case, for instance: Garnet (Exploration - ESO is generous with XP so I'll better craft Divines or else but not Exploration), Quartz (Sturdy).
Well, even if these are sellable and other crafters may want to use them some time, I would like to have another nice option anyway:

Please make it give just a little bit more XP for creating a traited item compared to un-traited. It does not require to work on balancing that much if you just give a little more XP - just to add more use to some traits. And make traited items acceptable for writs. I'm sure the two changes together will make overall crafting experience more enjoyable and meaningful.
I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...