Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

katana- style swords

barbarian340
barbarian340
✭✭✭
they existed in elder scrolls (the blades for example)...y are they not in this game?
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe when we'll get the akaviri motif.
  • RizaHawkeye
    RizaHawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    We know why they're not in the game ...

a-capture8.gif?w=500&h=204

Edited by RizaHawkeye on September 22, 2015 3:18PM
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace.

Riza Hawkeye

Learn to play, or resign to become one of pieces that is meant to be sacrificed.

Meridia
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember finding the Ebon Blade Daedric Artifact katana in that hut in the Oblivion game. Man that took my power to a whole new level. It would be great if the dark brotherhood DLC added this.

It would be even better if only I had one though. For balance of course. Can't have everyone running around with swords like that.
  • BaldusMageezack
    BaldusMageezack
    ✭✭✭
    Well since the Blades are our representatives in the sewers I think we will see them shortly
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    The queen of AD is already seen with a katana style blade as well which means there is no reason we won't get them at some point
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    ZigoSid wrote: »

Ding ding ding. I think we have a winner.

Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • barbarian340
    barbarian340
    ✭✭✭
    just like they have the option to turn weapons into the imperial style, they should do the same for the swords (akaviri style)
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Blessing+of+the+Potentates+Set

The EP/DC/AD Blessing Of Potentates Set sword looks like a katana.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for this:

Samurai-Armor-screenshots.jpg
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With how Xivkyn and Glass fragments came out, I dread to think how to obtain this motif, rofl.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackbirdV wrote: »

With how Xivkyn and Glass fragments came out, I dread to think how to obtain this motif, rofl.

10 Akaviri Fragments = 1 Akaviri Paragraph
    10 Akaviri Paragraphs = 1 Akaviri Page
    10 Akaviri Pages = 1 Akaviri Chapter
    Oh and you need to pay the Mages' Guild 100k to translate the chapter for you.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »

Not to mention 50K for the Resin to combine them. Must buy 10 resigns to combine fragments, 10 to combine paraprahps, 10 to combine pages...

Oh God we should stop. We are giving ZOS ideas.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • ZigoSid
    ZigoSid
    ✭✭✭✭
    And of course those first fragments needed would be gold rarity items ^^'
    Edited by ZigoSid on September 22, 2015 5:41PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orc style Swords are rather katana-like. Can't say I've found a katana-like Greatsword but then again those don't need to be katanas lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    "You see those redguards from Hammerfell? They’ve got curved swords. Curved. Swords"
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are katana style swords already. The old PvP swords are "Akiviri" styled. They look like short katanas.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • Endless-Shogun
    Endless-Shogun
    ✭✭✭
    Akaviri are "Snake Men". The stories describe them as having snake-like bodies, its unclear weather this means upper or lower body, or if they simply have scales. But the way the lore talks about them, I imagine them with snake bodies and no legs.

The Blades took their armor style and their fighting style and adjusted them for two leg use.
    Hopefully the Motif will be released soon, with the ALSO already in-the-game models of the Yokudan style.
    - The Legion Empire -
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw the thread title and was gonna say this ^

But hopefully soon! I would love to rock an akaviri katana again.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Just wait for this:

That's the armor that many fighters guild higher ups wear if I'm not mistaken? So so so want that armor, full on samurai...
  • RizaHawkeye
    RizaHawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for this:

I'm curious - is that for real? And what kind of armor is it?

THAT would make me play the game again.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace.

Riza Hawkeye

Learn to play, or resign to become one of pieces that is meant to be sacrificed.

Meridia
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for this:

That style has been in the game since launch, on the PvP sets. Pact/Dominion/Covenant
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cjthibs wrote: »
    Just wait for this:

That style has been in the game since launch, on the PvP sets. Pact/Dominion/Covenant
    Yeah, just go into cyrodil, earn lots of Alliance Points, and buy yourseld one of those sets from the vendors. IIRC, the V12 purple pieces are around 30K AP, the V14 100K AP... you sometimes also find green pieces in your "rewards for the worthy" and they do occasionally show up in well stocked guild stores as well...

There -have- been rumours that eventually they plan to release the akaviri style for learning & crafting. Seems rather likely, the style IS in the game after all, and while it likely would be a rare skill book, probably come in chapters and such... it seems like something that they'd do since it adds to the game at little extra effort on their part...
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cjthibs wrote: »
    Just wait for this:

Yeah, just go into cyrodil, earn lots of Alliance Points, and buy yourseld one of those sets from the vendors. IIRC, the V12 purple pieces are around 30K AP, the V14 100K AP... you sometimes also find green pieces in your "rewards for the worthy" and they do occasionally show up in well stocked guild stores as well...

Or just find a well-stocked guild store, where v14 versions can be had for 500-1000 gold.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »

Not to mention 50K for the Resin to combine them. Must buy 10 resigns to combine fragments, 10 to combine paraprahps, 10 to combine pages...

Oh God we should stop. We are giving ZOS ideas.

Dont forget the Chance that each combineprocedere could fail with a Chance of 75% and anything is lost
    Edited by BuggeX on September 23, 2015 11:32AM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots