The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

White-Gold Tower Loot Issues

CaliberSH
CaliberSH
First off, let me state that this is not about the difficulty level of White-Gold tower (which seems to be a bit too high on non-vet to me, imo).

This is about a loot bug. As my friend and I were going through the WGT, we found lots of weapons and shields laying about. We picked them up (as we are both crafters, good for mats/decon) and took them. We didn't successfully complete the dungeon (clivia's guards we could not pass), and left.

I went back to Davon's Watch a bit later to decon some items (for the record, I'm vet 2 with blacksmithing 38 and all skill points possible to invest up to that point invested) and I got almost nothing. Aside from a few ingots and a style material, I got absolutely nothing. (I deconned like 40 things and got like 5 ingots).

So, I figured it was just a general bug, and proceeded to steal weapons from the smithy in Davon's Watch, then went back to crafting. Deconned them and guess what? Every deconstruction yielded something, ingots and style material alike.

So, I ask, is this a bug with loot grabbed in WGT? Can anyone confirm/deny this? Is this just my bad luck that ~40 smithed items from the same place yielded nothing in rapid succession (and I did try relogging halfway through decon too)?
  • c0ldmeth0d
    CaliberSH wrote: »
    I got almost nothing. Aside from a few ingots and a style material, I got absolutely nothing. (I deconned like 40 things and got like 5 ingots).

Next time take a look at the items, if they have 0 value you will get 0 everything from them. If it isn't dropped from an NPC it generally isn't worth picking up. Although sometimes you will pick up a green item from the wild that is worth breaking down.

I pick up everything but then trash 0 value items, before breaking down my haul.

VR16 LVL50 in all crafts.