The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Simulacrum of Molag Bal, Soul-Shriven Skin drop rate

Syvander
Syvander
Soul Shriven
Hello

I've been wondering what is the % of Soul-Shriven Skin item's drop rate, as someone who has killed him 30-40 times now with company of people who have killed him as often or twice as often without said loot.

I'm well aware that it is RNG and may even come with one kill but I've gotten this impression that its drop rate is same as collectible trophies, which is ridicilously low considering there is only one Simulacrum of Molag Bal whereas in case of monster trophies there are multiple monsters with trophy on their loot table. It would make sense for Zenimax to increase drop rate, in order to fix issues such as only 12 people who do a lot of damage can loot ( I'm well aware it can be done with group of 4 ) but there often is more than 4 due scarce drop rate forcing people to return along with players who want vault key parts and Tel Var stones.

If the drop rate was to be increased it would reduce amount of players trying to gain the soul-shriven skin and would most likely reduce amount of players "farming" in middle to people farming for Tel Vars stones and vault key parts. This would most likely be most time efficient and easiest way to fix the loot limitation issue.

I'm not bothered by the fact that battle takes place in IC sewers PvE/PvP Area or risk of being attacked as clearly when I'm chasing Molag Bal I wont care if I lose Tel Var stones or get killed during battle at middle of sewers by hand of other players and lose kill.

I've also heard rumours of people claiming that said thing can drop from any boss on IC Sewers but I'm yet to meet anyone who would have gotten it from any other than Simulacrum of Molag Bal.

I play DD so I personally dont face the issue of no loot due not enough damage dealt, but there should be something done so that the healers and tanks wouldnt have such a hard time acquiring the drop, maybe a chest in same manner as at portals around the central room.

So what is you guys/gals opinion on this?

I dont think "gid gud" will fix this.

TLDR - Drop rate increased to reduce amount of players to counter 12 player loot limitation + drop changed to behave like portal chest.
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've managed to loot Molag Bal's simulacrum around 7 times or so, gotten loot 3 times. In all of these cases it included Monsterous Teeth 5x. One of my guildmates has acquired Soul-Shriven Skin from Molag Bal and said that his friend also has looted it from the same NPC.

I also want this skin really badly, but just today I've gotten my Dreadguard Xivkyn Polymorph so I'm a bit more motivated towards more polys. I mean they're just Xivkyn armors, but hiding helmet in settings and having that real daedra-look is priceless.
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that skin should be a reward for completing Cadwell's Gold.
    Current reward is ***.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Syvander
    Syvander
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I suppose alternative source to obtain would also be easy fix.
  • Syvander
    Syvander
    Soul Shriven
    Well the patch v2.1.7 has rolled out with

Imperial City

Items

Increased the drop chance of the Monstrous Tooth, Mark of the Legion, and Bloody Claw Trophy Vault items.

we can hope that also includes soul-shriven skin.
    Edited by Syvander on September 23, 2015 4:04PM
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this skin on day one. As I am a vampire it seems to make little difference. Just makes me look wrinkly and even more dead!
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opend one box got dreadgaurd and killed molag ball got shoul shriven skin all first time :hushed:
  • Vahrik
    Vahrik
    Soul Shriven
    I got the skin on my first kill. Yesterday. But there had to be 30 plus people. Still got to loot even tho i am a low damage tank.
  • Syvander
    Syvander
    Soul Shriven
    Vahrik wrote: »
    I got the skin on my first kill. Yesterday. But there had to be 30 plus people. Still got to loot even tho i am a low damage tank.

Thats interesting, I admit I've gotten it myself aswell with quite large groups, with dishing out 2-4k dmg, but could they have perhaps patched it to allow more looters?
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looted Soul-shriven skin from molag bal and it puts on my normal armor, Ive tried to relog, but it doesnt work, gotta be bugged imho.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Sausage on April 26, 2016 3:07PM
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    I just looted Soul-shriven skin from molag bal and it puts on my normal armor, Ive tried to relog, but it doesnt work, gotta be bugged imho.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

So soul-shriven skin is nothing more than vamp skin? Massive disappointment really. I was expecting something cool like Crown Store stuff.
    Edited by Sausage on April 26, 2016 4:53PM
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sausage The soul shriven skin is not a vampire skin at all. It makes you look like one of the soul shriven from Coldharbour, not a vampire.
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sausage The soul shriven skin is not a vampire skin at all. It makes you look like one of the soul shriven from Coldharbour, not a vampire.

Im still so disappointed I was expectig something lke those Crown Store Soul-Shriven stuff.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Screenshot_20160218_135757.png
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Screenshot_20160228_222930_2.png
    PC NA
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Probably killed him close to 100 times, used to run sewers groups every night and we'd kill him 4 or 6 times a night, I've never had it drop, but I don't care now they're getting rid of bound armour visuals :-)
  • Kathrein
    Kathrein
    ✭✭✭
    Likewise, i did it countless times...i don't even have the banekin, only got poly from the boxes :'(
    Edited by Kathrein on April 27, 2016 8:11AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So glad I got it first time finishing the event, and after ten minutes after having to return because group got wiped just after finishing and lootable molag bal was still there he just spawned his corpse right after dying again right next to it because of pve, stuffs killing me as I ran to it. But when another dc player nearby rezed me opened up bals corpse and there it was! Soul shriven skin right for the taking, thus getting very lucky and getting it! By the way was not in group when I returned because group leader kicked me and several out for not using team speak. So yeah the irony of it is I got what I wanted that night.
    B)
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 27, 2016 8:16AM
    PC NA