The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Technical Question

Eleusian
Eleusian
✭✭✭
If I upgrade my stock ps4 hard drive to a ssd will that improve my load times ? My current internet speed is 19.4 Mbps so it's pretty good. Thanks
PS4 NA
  • Blood_Oracle
    From what I read on the ESO sub-reddit, I quote the following by Chromozon:

''I played ESO for 6 months on a hard disk. I then copied it over to an SSD and have been using that since.
    I saw no difference moving ESO from a hard disk to a really good SSD. Game load time was the same. Loading screen time was the same. FPS stayed the same.''

Apparently because ESO is an MMO, heavily focused on your internet connection like any ordinary MMO. SSD/SSHD would improve loading times on single player games but not on MMO's. Hope it helps.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    SSD/SSHD would improve loading times on single player games but not on MMO's.
    It's true for ESO, not for all MMOs.

• Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. I did see were IGN did a test in like June and certain games it did cut the load times in half. GTA was the biggest difference . Would like to hear directly from Zen if they had any info. I'm due for a upgrade anyways on my ps4
    PS4 NA
  • Blood_Oracle
    @Eleusian if you tend to play SP games, then an SSD/SSHD would definitely improve your gameplay so why not? B)