The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Three Intalls/Download Failed

Ulfson
Ulfson
✭✭✭
After three failed attempts at downloading I had over 75GB in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online folder and after following the instructions given for the last error code the download began all over again. I just ran uninstall again and have deleted the Zenimax Online folder AGAIN.

Is try again all I can do?
  • MexicanMurrican
    Also, restarting your system. Can you download it to another source? Good luck.
    NA PS4 Megaserver - MexicanMurrican - Dunmer Nightblade [EP], Khajiit Nightblade [AD]
    Thunderbird - Guild Leader
    "Diplomacy is the art of lying for your alliance."
  • Legendzerox
    Legendzerox
    ✭✭✭
    Don't feel bad. I can't even play the game because the servers don't want to connect to my pc.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing & Slanderous Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on September 20, 2015 7:57PM
  • Jediarmy
    Jediarmy
    Don't feel bad. I can't even play the game because the servers don't want to connect to my pc.

check your firewall if that's the case make sure you have port forwarded your ports for ESO on router.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on September 20, 2015 7:57PM
    PC Technical support for all the programs and games and much more...
    youtube.com/PCRepairGuru
    If helped give us a
    • Insightful
    • Agree
    • Awesome
  • Jediarmy
    Jediarmy
    Ulfson wrote: »
    After three failed attempts at downloading I had over 75GB in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online folder and after following the instructions given for the last error code the download began all over again. I just ran uninstall again and have deleted the Zenimax Online folder AGAIN.

Is try again all I can do?

you can try out the steam version of the game
    PC Technical support for all the programs and games and much more...
    youtube.com/PCRepairGuru
    If helped give us a
    • Insightful
    • Agree
    • Awesome
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all for the replies.
    I have checked my ports through the firewall and router several times in the last month. These are what I got from the knowledge base.
    •TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    •TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    •TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    •TCP Port 80
    •TCP Port 433

While I don't have anything against steam I am trying to keep what is installed on my machine at a minimum and I don't play any other steam games now. But I am considering going back to Skyrim Dragon Born solo play.

I finally had a successful download and install. Actually the first since before 1.6 with absolutely no errors or failed downloads. I logged in as Administrator and did the install from the Administrator account. The only odd thing there is the install does not create launch shortcuts for all users which meant I had to set up my named account launcher shortcut manually.
    I am hoping this will stop my 2x/hr crashes, lag fits-rubber banding, unresponsive keyboard, sleepy mouse, etc.
    After 5-10 hrs of play I will update this post.
    Happy Trails
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure sounds like you have an infected system. I would go here and get this and check out your system.

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/TDSSKiller

Also if not infected letting us know your system specs could help.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    The short answer is that I now do not see the many odd things I was seeing since the 1.6 update. I will be launching the eso.exe file in place of the launcher. When it fails to start I will go the Administrator account to run the launcher and get the patch. My hope is that my superstition that the Admin account makes this work will keep the game working.

Yesterday I was able to login and play for 5 hours without a crash or any of the odd behavior I was accustomed to seeing while playing. It may be a coincidence that using Administrator to perform the last download got it in without any hiccups but having a clean download looks important. By clean I mean no repairs or stoppages of any kind while downloading.

I did a lot of reading about error checking and file transfers. There are very likely errors in a transfer as large as 30GB. The best we can hope is they are in the end of block padding that is unused in execution. The most optimistic error rate I found indicated there could easily be 27 bit errors hiding in that massive download. That is even after error checking and because no error checking scheme produces a probability of 1 for successful transfer.

It would be nice if the game could determine from playtime crashes what section of code caused the crash and then use that information to re-download that section. This would tend toward a stable download even if the user had a less than great connection. I see that ZO uses 215 .dat files to mitigate this transfer error with each file being less than 500MB. The next step would be to isolate which of those contain the errant code and download it again and integrate it into the play system. Can you imagine a game that is constantly trying to repair itself based on crashes?

In the last 3 weeks I have thought my computer was failing and done many hours of trouble shooting including new CMOS battery, new disk, extensive disk and memory testing (36hrs). I finally did a backup then wiped the disk and installed Win7 Pro then the WIn10 Upgrade and only ran this game for two weeks. All the symptoms built up as patches were sent out. I spent more time working on being able to play than playing. The computer is healthy and virus free. In the last week I added other apps and they all work great.
    Happy Trails
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    I meant the 2.0 update for IC not 1.6.
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    I have this problem with Steam, so I had to download again straight onto my desktop, which works fine.
    The Steam version simply will not work, it works fine to get to the login screen and once I have filled in my info and password, the game always crashes. Uninstalling, repairing, and any of the other rare instructions I have received from ESO has not worked. They do not seem to be concerned about it. And, truthfully, I am okay since I can log in on my non-Steam installed version.
    Edited by Armenua on September 21, 2015 2:39PM