Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I need help with stamina management

leepalmer95
leepalmer95
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm an imperial dk.

At the moment my equip is:

Engine - head
Engine - shoulder
Shield breaker - chest
Shield breaker - Waist
Shield breaker - leg
Shield breaker - boot
Night silence - glove

V1 ravager jewellry

Wep 1 Night silence - 2h
Wep 2 Night silence - bow

Only have 1117 stamina regen. Even with the serpant mundus

Any ideas?
PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Blackjak-33
    Blackjak-33
    ✭✭✭
    Vamp for the Supernatural Recovery passive, although obviously you need to burn a skill slot for it. And I'm not sure how useful the Invigorating Drain stamina return is as a vamp skill...
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drinks instead of bufffood.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's hard enough to kill someone now, the 5k missing stamina will hurt :(

I have 30k stamina and 2k wpn dmg, should i try stack wpn dmg more?
    PS4 EU DC

• Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭

Kind of tough to offer suggestions without knowing how you're trying to kill people. I run a stam DK, 5 Hundings, 4 Ashen, 3 Ravagers Jewelry. S&B and Dual Wield. I win fights through pressure basically. Unstable, Blood Craze, constant bashes and Hidden Blade for the brutality before hand. DOTs are way better than people make them out to be. Due to that I DOT and keep heavy attacks flowing. Igneous spam gets you a little stam back and Resolving Vigor works well with it to keep you up.

The times I'm finding I get in stam trouble now are usually only when facing groups that endlessly snare me. I forget exactly what my stam regen is but I don't believe it's even over 1K. That said that can be pretty often at times so I'm thinking of experimenting with some changes myself.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thecapeo wrote: »

Kind of tough to offer suggestions without knowing how you're trying to kill people. I run a stam DK, 5 Hundings, 4 Ashen, 3 Ravagers Jewelry. S&B and Dual Wield. I win fights through pressure basically. Unstable, Blood Craze, constant bashes and Hidden Blade for the brutality before hand. DOTs are way better than people make them out to be. Due to that I DOT and keep heavy attacks flowing. Igneous spam gets you a little stam back and Resolving Vigor works well with it to keep you up.

The times I'm finding I get in stam trouble now are usually only when facing groups that endlessly snare me. I forget exactly what my stam regen is but I don't believe it's even over 1K. That said that can be pretty often at times so I'm thinking of experimenting with some changes myself.

Well i'm a 2h/bow so i usuallu open with a heavy bow/psn weave then crit rush, LA, WB canceled with a Heavy attack, then just use wb and crit rush and such until i can execute.

I feel like i run out of stamina very quickly keeping up vigor + rally while still doing dmg.

Also i have caltraps on because like 70% of people in IC are nb's, there is so many and caltraps is the only reliable thing that i feel can help me find them in stealth and even then majority of the time they just outrun it.
    PS4 EU DC

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put Stam Regen glyphs on your jewlery. I did this and it helped my Imperial stam DK hit 1500 stam regen without vamp or WW.

Each glyph at v14 give your 153 stam regen. I had weapon damage glyphs before and I have to say, Stam regen enchants are better in my opinion. I'm not really noticing a big difference in damage dropping but you can definatley notice the Stam regen improving.
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »
    Put Stam Regen glyphs on your jewlery. I did this and it helped my Imperial stam DK hit 1500 stam regen without vamp or WW.

Each glyph at v14 give your 153 stam regen. I had weapon damage glyphs before and I have to say, Stam regen enchants are better in my opinion. I'm not really noticing a big difference in damage dropping but you can definatley notice the Stam regen improving.

Is the regen better than cost reduction?
    PS4 EU DC

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me regen worked out better. Since fights last longer and TTK is higher, a higher regen worked out better for me. I used to have cost reduction before i had weap damage on em but I think cost reduction got nerfed with the IC patch.
    Edited by Kobaal on September 18, 2015 8:31PM
  • Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭

Well i'm a 2h/bow so i usuallu open with a heavy bow/psn weave then crit rush, LA, WB canceled with a Heavy attack, then just use wb and crit rush and such until i can execute.

I feel like i run out of stamina very quickly keeping up vigor + rally while still doing dmg.

Also i have caltraps on because like 70% of people in IC are nb's, there is so many and caltraps is the only reliable thing that i feel can help me find them in stealth and even then majority of the time they just outrun it.

If you're going to go that route then stacking weapon and crit damage might be the way to go. You need to kill as fast as possible. I'd highly recommend Shuffle as well. Helps hugely with snares wasting your stam. I'd look at Hunding's over Shield Breaker. Then maybe finish out with Ravager's or Ashen for now.

I don't worry too much about NBs. I have all reinforced armor, mostly gold. Even out of sneak they rarely hurt much. Generally speaking I pressure, they cloak and attack for little damage, I Fossilize and whack them, or maybe Invasion, they fear at some point, they cloak, I Steel Tornado them out of stealth and pressure again and eventually they die or when they see I'm not dropping fast and they suddenly have less health than me they run away.

My style of play (blocks and dodge rolls as my main way to avoid damage) was basically destroyed by this patch so I'm slowly morphing it into a heavy armor build at this point. Not entirely sure which sets yet though.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me regen worked out better. Since fights last longer and TTK is higher, a higher regen worked out better for me.

Hmm, ok ty, i'll have to finish level enchanting up only 33 now it's hard to level and find glyphs.

Do you think engine guardian is worth it or would a blood spawn/Molag kena be better for the stam regen + wpn dmg?
    PS4 EU DC

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me regen worked out better. Since fights last longer and TTK is higher, a higher regen worked out better for me.

Hmm, ok ty, i'll have to finish level enchanting up only 33 now it's hard to level and find glyphs.

Do you think engine guardian is worth it or would a blood spawn/Molag kena be better for the stam regen + wpn dmg?

For straight up DPS Molag Kena is the way to go although a much harder set to actually aquire. Engine Guardian is amazing for sustain and easier to get. Plus that dwarf sphere will intercept damage sometimes as people accidentaly drop meteors on it instead of you :smiley:
    Edited by Kobaal on September 18, 2015 8:33PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For straight up DPS Molag Kena is the way to go although a much harder set to actually aquire. Engine Guardian is amazing for sustain and easier to get.

I'm talking about using 1 piece blood spawn and 1 piece molag for the 1 piece bonus of each which is stam regen and wpn dmg.
    PS4 EU DC

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For straight up DPS Molag Kena is the way to go although a much harder set to actually aquire. Engine Guardian is amazing for sustain and easier to get.

I'm talking about using 1 piece blood spawn and 1 piece molag for the 1 piece bonus of each which is stam regen and wpn dmg.

Oh I see what you mean. You could definatley do that.
  • Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and obviously you're putting CPs into Mooncalf correct?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I see what you mean. You could definatley do that.

I love engine guardian but if you look at the figures 10% chance to proc it, so a 1 out of ten then it'll give 1 of 3 resources so it's a 1 out of 30 abilities to get the one you need so it's not reliable.

Just thinking the extra wpn + stam regen would be better.
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ofc splitting betwenn reduction and regen.
    PS4 EU DC

• Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ofc splitting betwenn reduction and regen.

yea I have 47 cp in stam reduction (its like 10%) and 48 in regen.
    Edited by Kobaal on September 18, 2015 8:39PM