Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Numbers question about High Elf bonus

LearnThis
LearnThis
✭✭✭
The High Elves have a magicka boost as a passive, when the 10% bonus is there, how much does a 10% magicka boost change a magicka skill damage? For instance, let's say the skill does 'X' damage, will the skill now do 10% more damage from the 10% more magicka pool or will it only do 'Y'% more damage? Does anyone know how much change occurs to the damage number when increasing your magicka by 10%? I just want to know how much harder that 10% is hitting for than someone without the 10% increase. I tried the skills calculators but none of them actually changed the damage numbers when I increased the magicka. :/
PSN: LearnThis
Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
Dunmer Dragonknight
Breton Nightblade
Breton Mage
Argonian Templar
Norn Dragonknight
High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since the calculation is a bit more complex you can't just tell x% more magicka leeds to y% more damage.

Damage = skill base value * ( A * max magicka + B * spell damage)

I don't remember the values for A and B, but you can find them somewhere here on the forum.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LearnThis wrote: »
    The High Elves have a magicka boost as a passive, when the 10% bonus is there, how much does a 10% magicka boost change a magicka skill damage?

The quick and easy way to figure this out is to apply the points and see. Or you can respec your attributes and see how things go up as they scale. I will tell you it's significant, especially if you get Criticals.

However, bottom line, you want your racial passives on your Altmer, this is why you rolled them for your caster. If your trying to decide if the point should be spent on one or the other, that is one thing. But if you have the points to spare, put them into your racial passives.

Racial Passives and Class Passives should almost always be maxed out or fully pointed.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    @lolo_01b16_ESO and @Nestor
    The reason I am asking is because of a question I came up with a few days ago. While trying to make Argonians more relevant, I wanted to know if the 10% more magicka pool of a High Elf would give more health back than an Argonian with 10% less pool but has a 9% bonus healing received. If a High Elf and an Argonian are both nightblades using funnel health, which one would receive more healing back? The healing is based off of the damage dealt so the Argonian will deal less damage meaning less health received except for the bonus health received. I want to know who would get back more health. High Elf or Argonian?
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LearnThis wrote: »
    @lolo_01b16_ESO and @Nestor
    I wanted to know if the 10% more magicka pool of a High Elf would give more health back than an Argonian with 10% less pool but has a 9% bonus healing received. If a High Elf and an Argonian are both nightblades using funnel health, which one would receive more healing back?

I could theory craft this until the cows come home, but there are some behind the scenes mechanics that we don't know about. The only way to accurately answer your question is to load up the PTS Client, and roll each Character, put on AUI or FTC and look at the numbers that you get in combat.

However, the Champ System will have an impact on all of this, to the point that you could create an identical amount of health returned no matter what the base numbers are.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"